Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hamgate. What actually happened? 07:57 - Nov 29 with 2335 viewsshamboy

I have read a majority of the posts and am still not sure what happened. Can anyone who knows the facts explain:

A team sheet (?) was posted on here prior to the Lincoln game? Was it the players' squad announcement rather than the official team sheet which is the piece of paper handed to the referee?

Was it a photo which got posted on here? Who posted it?

How was Phil's 'ban' communicated and by whom?

Does Phil have SJA accreditation, meaning he can still have unfettered access at away games?

Is Phil prepared to comment on what happened, now that the dust is settling?

Also, but rhetorically. is Terry Hunt brave enough to go large with this story in the EADT tomorrow? He is great at destroying managers that he thinks are failing, but will he go for the club itself?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 07:59 - Nov 29 with 2296 viewsjeera

There are entire threads on this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 08:15 - Nov 29 with 2228 viewsEwan_Oozami

If you have read the majority of the posts it should be clear what happened and many of your questions will be answered.

To ask for more details regarding who, what and when risks predjudicing Phil's position, which has been steadfastly professional throughout

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 2171 viewsjeera

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 08:15 - Nov 29 by Ewan_Oozami

If you have read the majority of the posts it should be clear what happened and many of your questions will be answered.

To ask for more details regarding who, what and when risks predjudicing Phil's position, which has been steadfastly professional throughout

Quite.

It has been covered extensively on more than one platform and there is no apparent reason for the OP.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 08:32 - Nov 29 with 2141 viewsshamboy

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 08:27 - Nov 29 by jeera

Quite.

It has been covered extensively on more than one platform and there is no apparent reason for the OP.

Apologies. I hadn't read #banhammer but have now. by all means delete this thread.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:06 - Nov 29 with 1968 viewsSitfcB

Terry Hunt retired three years ago.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:14 - Nov 29 with 1941 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil posted a fairly detailed response yesterday.

Banhammer! by PhilTWTD 28 Nov 2020 17:25
It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I've been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, it's nothing I've written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I've had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted - I am aware that managers don't like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously - I'm not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn't brought to my attention when it was first noticed. I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I've been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.

He has also mentioned that Lee O'Neill is the good guy in all this.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 9:16]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:17 - Nov 29 with 1915 viewsKeno

well from what I understand it was the incident with the 3 sticks of celery, the greek yoghurt cherry flavoured obviously, the llama, the tea trolly, the tube of smarties and the third troop of the handleigh and Sudbury beavers

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:18 - Nov 29 with 1907 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Was nothing to do with a team sheet. Phil was caught doing the windmill from the press box on Tuesday night after Hull’s third went in, wearing nothing but a bedsheet with the words “Lambo Out” written on. Anything else you’ve read about team sheets is just a poor conspiracy over up.
Login to get fewer ads

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:19 - Nov 29 with 1905 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

He changed his choice of cheese and went Kuqi over Pablo.

This Board and the Club forced him out, no choice.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:57 - Nov 29 with 1754 viewsMJallday

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:17 - Nov 29 by Keno

well from what I understand it was the incident with the 3 sticks of celery, the greek yoghurt cherry flavoured obviously, the llama, the tea trolly, the tube of smarties and the third troop of the handleigh and Sudbury beavers

It’s....Rebecca Vardys account

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 1740 viewsKeno

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:57 - Nov 29 by MJallday

It’s....Rebecca Vardys account

I wonder if Rooney will try to sign Vardy for Derby?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:02 - Nov 29 with 1721 viewsMJallday

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:59 - Nov 29 by Keno

I wonder if Rooney will try to sign Vardy for Derby?

#awkward

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:15 - Nov 29 with 1662 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry, know I shouldn't get involved, but it does seem like this team sheet leak is an excuse for the ban. Even a techy luddite must understand that it wasn't twtd's fault that the leak happenned - seems like a convenient cover to ban someone who by all accounts, lambert considers a pain. Ie, either it's personal to phil or personal to twtd the group and Phil caught it as the group's representative.

Edit, just to finish the point, if true, that makes it an even more sh1tty act.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 10:19]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:32 - Nov 29 with 1575 viewsPhilTWTD

To clarify, was the team that was posted, not a team sheet.

Not a member of the SJA but have a press card and am accredited.

As someone else says, Terry is no longer the editor of the EADT. I have had a great deal of support from those at the papers and other local media.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:35 - Nov 29 with 1538 viewsKeno

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:32 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

As someone else says, Terry is no longer the editor of the EADT. I have had a great deal of support from those at the papers and other local media.

hello Phil

how you feeling this morning? bet you never thought you have such an out pouring of support

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:41 - Nov 29 with 1507 viewsRyorry

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:15 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

Sorry, know I shouldn't get involved, but it does seem like this team sheet leak is an excuse for the ban. Even a techy luddite must understand that it wasn't twtd's fault that the leak happenned - seems like a convenient cover to ban someone who by all accounts, lambert considers a pain. Ie, either it's personal to phil or personal to twtd the group and Phil caught it as the group's representative.

Edit, just to finish the point, if true, that makes it an even more sh1tty act.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 10:19]

Think you may have put your finger on it there Ullaa.

Maybe Phil's no doubt astute questions were increasingly touching a nerve in PL as it sinks in that he can't do anything to turn the run of poor form around. And/or could be that it's misplaced anger at the very visible forum unhappiness with himself (ie PL).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:51 - Nov 29 with 1457 viewsshamboy

Thank you. It must be a nightmare for you, that will long leave a bitter taste.

I could give you examples of Lambert sacking excellent people based on overheard conversations and the like. He has no heart whatsoever and no one is more arrogant. Please don't let the incident affect you unduly. It is typical Lambert.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:33 - Nov 29 with 1342 viewsPhilTWTD

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 10:35 - Nov 29 by Keno

hello Phil

how you feeling this morning? bet you never thought you have such an out pouring of support

Bit overwhelmed, to be honest. I'm fine, quite pleased it's out in the open having worried a bit about how the situation might develop.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:35 - Nov 29 with 1320 viewsPJH

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 09:06 - Nov 29 by SitfcB

Terry Hunt retired three years ago.

Does a weekly column as Northstander.

In recent times he has stopped having pops at MM and now seems none too impressed with PL.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 11:44]
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:41 - Nov 29 with 1282 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So that means you will get to ask PL questions in the press conference after the Oxford away game (assuming Lambert does the conference)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 1196 viewsshamboy

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:41 - Nov 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

So that means you will get to ask PL questions in the press conference after the Oxford away game (assuming Lambert does the conference)?

Blimey. there are times when discretion is the better part of valour.
Hamgate. What actually happened? on 12:06 - Nov 29 with 1150 viewsRyorry

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 11:58 - Nov 29 by shamboy

Blimey. there are times when discretion is the better part of valour.

Fearless our Phil is, fearless I tells thee.

Also hairless of course, so extra kudos for not even having the Samson Factor to be able to draw on.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hamgate. What actually happened? on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1023 viewsChris_ITFC

All, please sign this petition. At a time when ITFC fans need a voice most, it has been taken from us: http://chng.it/VR6TQcb8
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024