Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert 13:04 - Dec 1 with 1157 viewsurbanblue

I've been thinking this for a few days now, and have been waiting to see if anyone else comes up with it. No one else has so I may be way off the mark ...

We all know that Evans and/or the players told Lambert that they wanted to stick with a system and style of play at the start of the season which has ultimately resulted in the current 433. Well, I'm wondering if Evans or someone made the throwaway comment at that time that 'We're hopeless with two up front' and Lambert has grabbed hold of that, refuses to change anything, and threw it back in their faces the other day.

Would be typical of the sort of thing the stubborn bastad would do! I just cannot understand why he would say that unless he was having a dig at someone.

May well be wrong but that comment is a massive example of how much he has lost the plot and should have cost him his job there and then.
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 13:07 - Dec 1 with 1131 viewsclive_baker

I think you're giving him too much credit that he would think on his feet and come out with a quip like that. I think he's just a bit of a moron.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 13:25 - Dec 1 with 1073 viewsHerbivore

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 13:07 - Dec 1 by clive_baker

I think you're giving him too much credit that he would think on his feet and come out with a quip like that. I think he's just a bit of a moron.

Yeah, this. Whichever way you interpret it, it shows him up in a bad light. If we take him at face value, he's saying we're hopeless when we use a system that he chose to employ for the whole of last season. What does that say about him as a manager if that's the case?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 13:48 - Dec 1 with 995 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yes I thought this too. Petty and childish, but would make more sense than the alternative which is that he believes it even though he played it all last season.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 13:49]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 913 viewsCoco

I can believe that actually. Hopefully it is and hopefully it has rubbed Evans up the wrong way and hopefully he gets the boot.

Evans is the big problem though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 14:59 - Dec 1 with 904 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The problem i have with 4-4-2 is this idea that because you play two up top you are more likely to score or create chances but it just isn't true. It worked last season because we were just better than the people we played against but it is not a great formation and there is a reason most play 1 up top. I am not saying 4-3-3 is the answer but we really need to start playing Judge in the middle if we are going to play him, and switch to 4-2-3-1 IMO.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:03 - Dec 1 with 886 viewsKropotkin123

433 or 442... There is a fundament mismanagement when it comes to coaching. So he is right when he says formations don't win games, because we will lack attacking intent with any formation he plays, due to his poor coaching.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:15 - Dec 1 with 863 viewsMrTown

I think as Mick Mills said, was more just trying to jibe back at the indivdual who had questioned why we hadn't gone 2 up v Hull.

Him and Mr Woolley won't be on each others Christmas lists you'd think.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 15:33]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:20 - Dec 1 with 850 viewsHerbivore

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 14:59 - Dec 1 by JammyDodgerrr

The problem i have with 4-4-2 is this idea that because you play two up top you are more likely to score or create chances but it just isn't true. It worked last season because we were just better than the people we played against but it is not a great formation and there is a reason most play 1 up top. I am not saying 4-3-3 is the answer but we really need to start playing Judge in the middle if we are going to play him, and switch to 4-2-3-1 IMO.

We just need to not play Judge ever again, full stop. He's a liability whether he plays centrally or out wide.

4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 really aren't far apart as formations, the issue is we aren't set up right. We play midfielders as wide forwards too often, including Judge, and then wonder why we carry no threat. The way the midfield three is set up somehow leaves us with huge gaps despite, on paper, having an extra man in there.

This season, like last season, when we were winning games it was through our extra quality and had little or nothing to do with how we were sent out tactically. This isn't hindsight either, I said as much at the time. It disappoints me that I've been proven correct after it's rapidly gone tits up even quicker than last season, but everything about Town under Lambert is grimly predictable.

Login to get fewer ads

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:49 - Dec 1 with 804 viewsmonty_radio

Based on a slew of quickfire responses when tactics are questioned, I think this means: you lot banged on about tactics last year; this year I'm banging on about tactics; 4-3-3 has been inscribed as the club's D.N.A.; we've acted, and that should end the questioning.

The actual soundbite that we are rubbish with two up top is a just to reinforce who is in charge of tactics. Mind you, if the reporter asking the question had replied "well actually the first two words of that proposition is sufficient" what fun, except for the one who got the ban.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:55 - Dec 1 with 780 viewsrfretwell

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:20 - Dec 1 by Herbivore

We just need to not play Judge ever again, full stop. He's a liability whether he plays centrally or out wide.

4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 really aren't far apart as formations, the issue is we aren't set up right. We play midfielders as wide forwards too often, including Judge, and then wonder why we carry no threat. The way the midfield three is set up somehow leaves us with huge gaps despite, on paper, having an extra man in there.

This season, like last season, when we were winning games it was through our extra quality and had little or nothing to do with how we were sent out tactically. This isn't hindsight either, I said as much at the time. It disappoints me that I've been proven correct after it's rapidly gone tits up even quicker than last season, but everything about Town under Lambert is grimly predictable.

Good piece on formations Herbievore. Regardless of them, when Edwards is out we have no decent wingers, when Downes is out we have no proper ball winners in midfield, our best c/f, Norwood is generally dominated in the air by big opposition defenders, and we have no-one of the calibre of KVY at right back when he is out. Which is continually! Much like the MM era, several of our best players are always injured.
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:56 - Dec 1 with 772 viewsblueislander

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:49 - Dec 1 by monty_radio

Based on a slew of quickfire responses when tactics are questioned, I think this means: you lot banged on about tactics last year; this year I'm banging on about tactics; 4-3-3 has been inscribed as the club's D.N.A.; we've acted, and that should end the questioning.

The actual soundbite that we are rubbish with two up top is a just to reinforce who is in charge of tactics. Mind you, if the reporter asking the question had replied "well actually the first two words of that proposition is sufficient" what fun, except for the one who got the ban.

I think he may go for 4-4-2 tonight, and justify the change by blaming th e injury situation. I live in hope!
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:59 - Dec 1 with 757 viewsKeaneish

Is that what he said!? Must of missed that. Pretty sure Norwood was nearing double figures by this last time last season and Jackson had at least half as many assists. How does that stack up compared to this season...!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 16:08 - Dec 1 with 740 viewsHerbivore

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:55 - Dec 1 by rfretwell

Good piece on formations Herbievore. Regardless of them, when Edwards is out we have no decent wingers, when Downes is out we have no proper ball winners in midfield, our best c/f, Norwood is generally dominated in the air by big opposition defenders, and we have no-one of the calibre of KVY at right back when he is out. Which is continually! Much like the MM era, several of our best players are always injured.

Indeed, but even with a long injury list MM could set up a side to be greater than the sum of its parts and generally this meant as over achieved under him. With Lambert the opposite is true. Of course we'd all like to be injury free but I have little faith that we'd be all that much better given the abilities of the man at the helm.

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 16:18 - Dec 1 with 725 viewshadleighboyblue

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 15:59 - Dec 1 by Keaneish

Is that what he said!? Must of missed that. Pretty sure Norwood was nearing double figures by this last time last season and Jackson had at least half as many assists. How does that stack up compared to this season...!?

The goal stats for our main strikers are truly awful , surely that's enough reason for changing the formation
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 17:51 - Dec 1 with 653 viewsBlueForYou

One guy up front with no support is just pointless & totally negative to me.
This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 17:52 - Dec 1 with 651 viewsWickets

This 'We're hopeless with two up front ' comment from Lambert on 13:07 - Dec 1 by clive_baker

Dont we all .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024