Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As frustrating as he is... 13:09 - Dec 3 with 1786 viewswkj

I don't think it is very fair to be too angered [edit] TOWARD [/edit] Lee O'Neill. He's doing the job he was paid to do, and likely is being paid very well to do. Chop one head off another appears. Clegg, Milne, O'Neill - they're just set dressing to communicate Evans' message.

Don't shoot the messenger, as they say.

I actually miss Ian Milne though, he was the best of the three and did genuinely spend hours talking to town fans when he was off the clock. I used to seem him regularly in The Dove (i think it was the dove).
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 13:18]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

As frustrating as he is... on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 1754 viewsportmanking

You've just stumped yourself there. He's very well paid for the role that he's failing in miserably. But why should we expect O'Neil to be an engaging communicator & figurehead when he's got roles like Bar Manager at the Corn Exchange on his CV?
As frustrating as he is... on 13:13 - Dec 3 with 1747 viewsSouperJim

I feel a bit sorry for LON, he seems like a decent bloke and all I've read about his background suggests he is good for our football club and not just another mouthpiece. But he is still a mouthpiece and has to deliver the party line, which means he's going to come in for some stick which really should be directed ME's way.

Of the 3 people running the show (ME, LON, PL), he's the only one who in a ideal world I'd be considering hanging onto.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

As frustrating as he is... on 13:14 - Dec 3 with 1740 viewswkj

As frustrating as he is... on 13:12 - Dec 3 by portmanking

You've just stumped yourself there. He's very well paid for the role that he's failing in miserably. But why should we expect O'Neil to be an engaging communicator & figurehead when he's got roles like Bar Manager at the Corn Exchange on his CV?

I think it is almost guaranteed he is hired to be a pawn. Evans probably thought local connections would cushion the fans and look like the hire of a good local hard working man.

Crybaby

As frustrating as he is... on 13:15 - Dec 3 with 1726 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want to keep hearing from a puppet. I want to hear what Evans has to say, l want the excuses to come from the horses mouth. Instead he hides behind a mouthpiece like a little kid hides behind it's mum or dad when it's dubious of someone new. Is the man scared of the fans?
As frustrating as he is... on 13:17 - Dec 3 with 1713 viewswkj

As frustrating as he is... on 13:15 - Dec 3 by MonkeyAlan

I don't want to keep hearing from a puppet. I want to hear what Evans has to say, l want the excuses to come from the horses mouth. Instead he hides behind a mouthpiece like a little kid hides behind it's mum or dad when it's dubious of someone new. Is the man scared of the fans?

This mirrors my point, surely. We don't want to hear from a puppet. ME is always going to have someone in that kind of capacity at ITFC. If LON goes, the next one comes in.

Point being, the anger should be laid squarely at ME's feet rather than L O'Neill

Crybaby

As frustrating as he is... on 13:22 - Dec 3 with 1679 viewsSouperJim

I'd say having been bar manager at the corn exchange is a strength rather than a weakness. I'd much rather have someone who is in touch with the fans and has appropriate people skills, than a no-mark executive detached from the coal face.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

As frustrating as he is... on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 1652 viewsCoco

As frustrating as he is... on 13:17 - Dec 3 by wkj

This mirrors my point, surely. We don't want to hear from a puppet. ME is always going to have someone in that kind of capacity at ITFC. If LON goes, the next one comes in.

Point being, the anger should be laid squarely at ME's feet rather than L O'Neill

he is the public face of the regime. Sell your soul to the devil and all that...

If he was any good at his job and had any pride in his work he wouldn't be simply peddling out nonsense. You see directors falling out and quitting all the time because they don't believe in the direction from above.

If he is saying it, he believes and must therefor fall on that sword. You merely assume he is just following orders, who's to say he isn't 'doing his job' and suggesting all this stuff to ME?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

As frustrating as he is... on 13:40 - Dec 3 with 1607 viewsSwansea_Blue

How do you know he's failing miserably?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

As frustrating as he is... on 13:43 - Dec 3 with 1581 viewshomer_123

As I have said time and again.

I really couldn't give a rats arse what is said by the Club or by whom - actions speak louder than any words or rhetoric.

I place no value on what Evans or Lambert (or anyone else) say - I 'look' at that they do.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As frustrating as he is... on 13:55 - Dec 3 with 1529 viewsCheltenham_Blue

As frustrating as he is... on 13:17 - Dec 3 by wkj

I completely agree, but this is always what is going to happen when you have an Owner that completely removes himself from the fan base. At least with Sheppy he would communicate directly with the press and stick his head above the parapet.

I don't know if ME thinks he is better than the fans, (my suspicion), or if he is genuinely scared to face the fans. Either way, with the heat LON is taking now, if I were Lee, I'd be asking ME to do something. Not a carefully scripted interview or a sanitised, questions submitted a week in advance one, but an impromptu one, with LON and PL sat next to him.

It's all well and good repeating the fact that we are still in the top six, but our current form, across all games, is coming close to relegation form injuries or not. This should still be a very strong squad even with the injuries we have, yet PL chose to start Tuesday with senior players on the bench and 'kids' on the pitch in their place.

As someone else once said, "Its Nae Normal"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

As frustrating as he is... on 13:57 - Dec 3 with 1525 viewsportmanking

As frustrating as he is... on 13:40 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

How do you know he's failing miserably?

Well, look how he's handling the TWTD saga for one. In terms of 'football operations', I can't think of a single area we've improved at in the last 18 months, can you?
As frustrating as he is... on 14:15 - Dec 3 with 1494 viewsBlueBadger

As frustrating as he is... on 13:22 - Dec 3 by SouperJim

I'd say having been bar manager at the corn exchange is a strength rather than a weakness. I'd much rather have someone who is in touch with the fans and has appropriate people skills, than a no-mark executive detached from the coal face.

And yet, despite that, he's managed to come to the conclusion that That Man is doing a good job and that the fanbase still thinks he's doing a good job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As frustrating as he is... on 14:20 - Dec 3 with 1474 viewsportmanking

As frustrating as he is... on 13:22 - Dec 3 by SouperJim

Yeah, he's really proven himself to be a man of the people during this TWTD saga....
As frustrating as he is... on 14:24 - Dec 3 with 1452 viewswkj

As frustrating as he is... on 14:20 - Dec 3 by portmanking

Yeah, he's really proven himself to be a man of the people during this TWTD saga....

My concern and motivation for this post is people are doing A LOT of digging on Lee O Niell, and it concerns me. The heroes can quite easily become the villains if some of our less measured fans decide to rock up on his doorstep.

Phil has also said that Lee is trying to help find a resolution to the situation - so I would hate to see that relationship get rubbed out.

Crybaby

As frustrating as he is... on 16:38 - Dec 3 with 1365 viewsSwansea_Blue

As frustrating as he is... on 13:57 - Dec 3 by portmanking

Well, look how he's handling the TWTD saga for one. In terms of 'football operations', I can't think of a single area we've improved at in the last 18 months, can you?

He certainly could have answered the recent interview questions better. I agree with that, even if it can't be easy being the shield for Evans.

His operational side is going to be all around the nuts and bolts of the day to day running of stuff we don't ever see. I've no idea how preparations for each game go, for example. O'Neil will be responsible for the people that get all that ready, from how they get to the game, to hotels, nutrition, kit, etc.

He's probably getting flak deserved more for Lambert on the footballing side. Imo of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As frustrating as he is... on 16:42 - Dec 3 with 1353 viewshoppy

"I actually miss Ian Milne though, he was the best of the three and did genuinely spend hours talking to town fans when he was off the clock. I used to seem him regularly in The Dove (i think it was the dove).

Yes, it WAS The Dove, as I also used to see him quite regularly in there... I must've just missed you each time, for that pint...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

As frustrating as he is... on 16:51 - Dec 3 with 1325 viewsKropotkin123

Nonsense.

- He chooses to take on the role.
- He chooses to toe the line.
- He may be a good person and he may be the messenger, but he chooses to protect bad decisions.
- People say he is a shield... Well, we need to move the shield to get at the targets.

If you aren't not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

LON Out

EDIT: apparently my edit was wrong
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:53]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

As frustrating as he is... on 16:55 - Dec 3 with 1307 viewsTieDyedIn95

"the human body isn't designed to play football"

PE O'Neill's finest quote yet. I can't believe anyone is backing him on here, let alone Milne who helped preside over our decline and relegation while telling us we were toxic and poor Marcus didn't have the money.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024