Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust 18:44 - Dec 10 with 3146 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Listened to Naked Football Show, and a valid challenge was raised about the total silence for about : years of the Supporters Trust.

Surely no better time than the present for them to rise again?
Particularly with the Supporters Club once again parroting the club line.

Anyone know what happened and what the Supporters Trust leaders are up to?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Supporters Trust on 18:49 - Dec 10 with 3120 viewsSteve_M

The problem is that certain people appointed who were forthright in the original incarnation of the Supporter's Trust in 2003 are not willing to either do anything or to walk away and let new people take over. As a result it is moribund despite the best efforts of a number of people a few years back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Supporters Trust on 19:12 - Dec 10 with 3042 viewsDublinBlue84

Supporters Trust on 18:49 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

The problem is that certain people appointed who were forthright in the original incarnation of the Supporter's Trust in 2003 are not willing to either do anything or to walk away and let new people take over. As a result it is moribund despite the best efforts of a number of people a few years back.

I would be really interested to find out who these people are and their agenda and motivation about doing so. Do they have some conflict of interest or are now close to the club?

I assume a new one cannot be formed from scratch because a club can only have one trust even if it's inactive and mothballed?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Supporters Trust on 19:27 - Dec 10 with 3003 viewsuefacup81

Supporters Trust on 18:49 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

Is there no way to force a change at the top? Given it's a trust one would assume it's run by trustees. Therefore, if they're not acting in the best interests of the trust then their position must be untenable?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Supporters Trust on 19:36 - Dec 10 with 2975 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Seems to have been a relaunch 3 years ago

Trust Relaunching Ahead of New Season 12th May 2017 15:06
Ipswich Town 1st, the Town supporters trust, is looking for more fans to get involved as it plans a relaunch ahead of the start of next season. Having held their AGM on Wednesday, they have scheduled another meeting for July 5th. 25

Presumably nothing came of it....

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Supporters Trust on 19:43 - Dec 10 with 2942 viewsAce_High1

There must be a way to overthrow these clowns.

I am sure there are a few of us who would be willing to commit the time and effort to get a proper, active supporters trust going.
Supporters Trust on 19:58 - Dec 10 with 2917 viewsBlueBadger

Supporters Trust on 19:36 - Dec 10 by BlueyandCrazy

Seems to have been a relaunch 3 years ago

Trust Relaunching Ahead of New Season 12th May 2017 15:06
Ipswich Town 1st, the Town supporters trust, is looking for more fans to get involved as it plans a relaunch ahead of the start of next season. Having held their AGM on Wednesday, they have scheduled another meeting for July 5th. 25

Presumably nothing came of it....

They appear to have done f*ck all since.

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Supporters Trust on 20:00 - Dec 10 with 2911 viewsistanblue

They are just puppets of Evans. Utterly spineless.
Supporters Trust on 20:30 - Dec 10 with 2878 viewsFixed_It

Supporters Trust on 20:00 - Dec 10 by istanblue

They are just puppets of Evans. Utterly spineless.

Think you're getting confused.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust on 20:52 - Dec 10 with 2855 viewsIllinoisblue

Supporters Trust on 19:27 - Dec 10 by uefacup81

Is there no way to force a change at the top? Given it's a trust one would assume it's run by trustees. Therefore, if they're not acting in the best interests of the trust then their position must be untenable?

Surely if people were that concerned they’d start their own action group.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Supporters Trust on 21:24 - Dec 10 with 2827 viewsBlueastheycome

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/

I started a thread on this the other day as I was equally confused by their existence.

Looks like a TWTD regular JoeITFC is listed on the board. What's happening with this group joeITFC?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 21:26]
Supporters Trust on 21:53 - Dec 10 with 2802 viewsIpswichKnight

Supporters Trust on 19:12 - Dec 10 by DublinBlue84

I would be really interested to find out who these people are and their agenda and motivation about doing so. Do they have some conflict of interest or are now close to the club?

I assume a new one cannot be formed from scratch because a club can only have one trust even if it's inactive and mothballed?

Quite a few of them are involved in turnstile blue magazine if the information on that and the trust web pages are correct.
Supporters Trust on 23:03 - Dec 10 with 2758 viewsFreddies_Ears

I was interested in getting involved, a few years back, to revitalise the Trust. I have had some experience in the wider world of football governance. One of the Trust board abused me for not being a Labour voter. My interest lapsed.
Supporters Trust on 09:05 - Dec 11 with 2634 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust on 21:24 - Dec 10 by Blueastheycome

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/

I started a thread on this the other day as I was equally confused by their existence.

Looks like a TWTD regular JoeITFC is listed on the board. What's happening with this group joeITFC?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 21:26]

Nothing.

I resigned a few years back, after admittedly being on it when laid dormant for a couple of years, i tried to get it started again and just no success.

It's effectively being left in a care and maintain position so someone can pick it up - the failure for me is that it isn't able to be picked up, but I've made that point.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Supporters Trust on 09:20 - Dec 11 with 2594 viewsthebooks

In my experience they’re good folks who care about the club — you'll know a few of them on here and/or Twitter.

They got some stick on here as people generally don’t like to make a fuss and would rather take a pop at groups like this. They were raising concerns over Evans years ago.

A few of them are local Labour party members or even councillors, but so what? (And trust me, they're solidly centrists!)

Turnstiles Blues is still a good read.

Be good if they hooked up with BA.
Supporters Trust on 09:26 - Dec 11 with 2575 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Supporters Trust on 09:20 - Dec 11 by thebooks

In my experience they’re good folks who care about the club — you'll know a few of them on here and/or Twitter.

They got some stick on here as people generally don’t like to make a fuss and would rather take a pop at groups like this. They were raising concerns over Evans years ago.

A few of them are local Labour party members or even councillors, but so what? (And trust me, they're solidly centrists!)

Turnstiles Blues is still a good read.

Be good if they hooked up with BA.

It would be good if they actually DID something, anything, but unfortunately certain people in leadership positions within the Trust did a lot of damage when they pushed out a lot of capable and decent fans who wanted to be involved in something that wasn't just a promotion vehicle for a select few.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 9:28]
Supporters Trust on 10:18 - Dec 11 with 2528 viewsbluelagos

Supporters Trust on 09:05 - Dec 11 by itfcjoe

Nothing.

I resigned a few years back, after admittedly being on it when laid dormant for a couple of years, i tried to get it started again and just no success.

It's effectively being left in a care and maintain position so someone can pick it up - the failure for me is that it isn't able to be picked up, but I've made that point.

Surely now if the perfect time for something to kick up again? People are properly fcked off. Time to channel that anger?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Supporters Trust on 10:46 - Dec 11 with 2497 viewsTractorWood

Supporters Trust on 10:18 - Dec 11 by bluelagos

Surely now if the perfect time for something to kick up again? People are properly fcked off. Time to channel that anger?

Agree. It needs like a Milton character involved, some representative from Blue Action and some impetus behind it.

Even our supporters trust are a vapid, uninterested bunch. Happy to see the club get worse every year but happy it exists.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Supporters Trust on 11:05 - Dec 11 with 2479 viewsDublinBlue84

Supporters Trust on 09:26 - Dec 11 by BlueLikeJazz

It would be good if they actually DID something, anything, but unfortunately certain people in leadership positions within the Trust did a lot of damage when they pushed out a lot of capable and decent fans who wanted to be involved in something that wasn't just a promotion vehicle for a select few.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 9:28]

That's just not limited to Supporters Trusts though.

If you look at committees everywhere and residents associations etc, a large number of people invovled in these are there to leverage their own private interests and use them for a vehicle of self promotion rather than the cause at hand.

The problem is many people in these kinds of groups get there because they are popular and who they know, rather than what they can actually do for the organisation and their passion for such positions.

A trust needs to be run by fans who are passionate about the club and moving forward, not those who are trying to develop their network, political ambitions, enhance their image, promote their business, raise their personal profile or use it as a stepping stone to something els.e
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 11:06]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Supporters Trust on 11:08 - Dec 11 with 2469 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Supporters Trust on 11:05 - Dec 11 by DublinBlue84

That's just not limited to Supporters Trusts though.

If you look at committees everywhere and residents associations etc, a large number of people invovled in these are there to leverage their own private interests and use them for a vehicle of self promotion rather than the cause at hand.

The problem is many people in these kinds of groups get there because they are popular and who they know, rather than what they can actually do for the organisation and their passion for such positions.

A trust needs to be run by fans who are passionate about the club and moving forward, not those who are trying to develop their network, political ambitions, enhance their image, promote their business, raise their personal profile or use it as a stepping stone to something els.e
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 11:06]

Absolutely! In fairness, "fans who are passionate about the club and moving forward" does apply to a lot of the people on the Trust committee, but it seems like they just end up being drained of impetus/motivation by the lack of real leadership from the top....
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 11:08]
Supporters Trust on 13:12 - Dec 11 with 2378 viewsitfcjoe

Supporters Trust on 10:18 - Dec 11 by bluelagos

It is, but realistically any gains now will need to be used for the next crisis as coming from such a low base will take a couple of years of decent intervention and hard work to garner enough respect to be taken seriously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024