Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills 18:06 - Dec 12 with 3381 viewscbower

he may be a bit dull but he is spot on 99% of the time. You either bring in the players to play the system you want ( and we can't) or you develop a system which suits and makes the best use of your available resources. It is quite simple really.

bluescouser

Mick Mills on 18:12 - Dec 12 with 3288 viewsBlueBadger

Fair play to That Man, he's managed to find a third way which has involved him bringing in players to play a system he can't be arsed making work.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 23:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick Mills on 18:13 - Dec 12 with 3276 viewsChrisd

Football is a simple game, made difficult by people. In PL’s case, he’s making it incredibly hard!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mick Mills on 18:34 - Dec 12 with 3139 viewslazyblue

I don’t find MIlls dull as he is always spot on with his analysis and been around the game for years .
Mick Mills on 19:07 - Dec 12 with 3036 viewscarlisleaway

You do not have to be that clever to see where PL is going wrong. Mick Mills makes it sound so simple.....
Mick Mills on 19:18 - Dec 12 with 2959 viewsMillsyVOR

Thanks guys, for appreciating the voice of reason 😁
Mick Mills on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 2875 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't find him dull. He's reasoned and articulate.

He's also unintentionally funny, which will be due to his age. I had a little chuckle when he said "he wanted to get it between the three posts; by three posts I mean the posts and the crossbar."

I love listening to Mick and Brenner. I feel safe with those guys, like whatever's going wrong in the world you can rely on those two to calm you down. They should make sleep tapes. And I don't say that as a criticism. I genuinely feel in safe hands listening to them.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Mick Mills on 19:29 - Dec 12 with 2850 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'd rather have Mick Mills running the team than Lambert.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Mick Mills on 22:09 - Dec 12 with 2548 viewsRonFearonsHair

I particularly related to the exsaperated tone in which he noted Portsmouth's substitute was a better set-piece taker than anyone in our entire squad.

It's almost as though they have a competent scouting team who take such skills into account when selecting which players to recommend.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills on 22:12 - Dec 12 with 2522 viewsBryanPlug

Mick Mills on 19:29 - Dec 12 by The_Last_Baron

I'd rather have Mick Mills running the team than Lambert.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick Mills on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 2472 viewsjeera

Mick Mills on 22:12 - Dec 12 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I'd rather have Daffy Duck than Lambert.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick Mills on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 2465 viewsDennyx4

His analysis on what isnt working is spot on.

The week before he talked about a front three, and if its not working and you want to keep a similar system, just change where the front three work.

He related it to Brazil, Mariner & Gates - He said our preferred style was Gates just behind the front two, however if the other team got on top, Brazil would go wide one side and Gates the other - still a front three but made the defence think about what had changed.

I know the players are not the same level, however just moving into different positions on the pitch, would give the opposition more to worry about.

He also talked about Dozzell not doing enough defensively, and he should be played further up the pitch, where his passing will create opportunities to score, not just to move us 20 yards up the pitch.
Mick Mills on 23:23 - Dec 12 with 2251 viewsSE1blue

Mick Mills on 22:20 - Dec 12 by Dennyx4

His analysis on what isnt working is spot on.

The week before he talked about a front three, and if its not working and you want to keep a similar system, just change where the front three work.

He related it to Brazil, Mariner & Gates - He said our preferred style was Gates just behind the front two, however if the other team got on top, Brazil would go wide one side and Gates the other - still a front three but made the defence think about what had changed.

I know the players are not the same level, however just moving into different positions on the pitch, would give the opposition more to worry about.

He also talked about Dozzell not doing enough defensively, and he should be played further up the pitch, where his passing will create opportunities to score, not just to move us 20 yards up the pitch.

Mills is right. And Dozzell is wasted on Lambert.

There’s other players that a good manager could really get firing too; Jackson, Dobra and the youngsters breaking through.

He’s so out of his depth, I’m genuinely scared we’ll lose what talent we have left at the end of the season as a result.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Mick Mills on 00:03 - Dec 13 with 2113 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Most of what he says is correct but I cannot get past the fact that Mills never cut it as a manager himself. If it was so easy, how come he never got it right when he did have the chance to?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick Mills on 00:07 - Dec 13 with 2096 viewstownblue

Mick Mills on 00:03 - Dec 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Most of what he says is correct but I cannot get past the fact that Mills never cut it as a manager himself. If it was so easy, how come he never got it right when he did have the chance to?

I don't think he's ever suggested it's easy, but his job is to talk about it.

I rarely disagree with his point if view but I'm no expert so perhaps we're both wrong
Mick Mills on 00:12 - Dec 13 with 2086 viewsBlue12345

Agreed.
Mick Mills on 09:45 - Dec 13 with 1744 viewsMonkeyAlan

Mick Mills on 00:03 - Dec 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Mick was too nice to be a manager. That was half his trouble. He was a gentleman in the game. Still doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is talking about. He is bang on most of the time and he bleeds blue and white. Unlike some of our current squad, who don't care if they play or not.
Mick Mills on 09:52 - Dec 13 with 1720 viewsNthQldITFC

Mick Mills on 22:18 - Dec 12 by jeera

I'd rather have Daffy Duck than Lambert.

...and from there it's just two short hops to Donald Trump, and we'd have someone out of his depth and full of delusional claptrap in charge.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mick Mills on 10:38 - Dec 13 with 1606 viewsMonkeyAlan

Mick Mills on 09:52 - Dec 13 by NthQldITFC

...and from there it's just two short hops to Donald Trump, and we'd have someone out of his depth and full of delusional claptrap in charge.

Think we are already there, arnt we?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024