Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games 17:30 - Dec 16 with 4416 viewsHipsterectomy

due to covid - what are the rules here? are they counted as a loss or just postponed? I know Scottish teams were given losses and fines

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 17:34 - Dec 16 with 4374 viewsstantheman

Why can't we do that, gives more time to get our injuries sorted.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 17:49 - Dec 16 with 4295 viewspointofblue

Just postponed, I think.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:08 - Dec 16 with 4216 viewslazyblue

These teams that have (or going to have) games in hand could really work in our favour when then are playing catch up.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 4172 viewsStenvict

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:08 - Dec 16 by lazyblue

These teams that have (or going to have) games in hand could really work in our favour when then are playing catch up.

Having games in hand worked against us last year so fingers crossed it's the same for them

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:18 - Dec 16 with 4171 viewspositivity

postponed, accrington had the exact same situation a month or so ago.

they're handling the games in hand situation very well so far!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:19 - Dec 16 with 4163 viewsWD19

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 17:34 - Dec 16 by stantheman

Can we postpone them until next season when we might have a competent manager?

Would help us if we have 3 games more than everyone else in 2021/22.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:21 - Dec 16 with 4147 viewsSteve_M

Handy for getting Christmas off; now they can travel all round the country to see family.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:28 - Dec 16 with 4108 viewsPJH

Perhaps we could postpone all games against the top sides and just play the games that we might win.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:32 - Dec 16 with 4080 viewspeterleeblue

Hmmm

New manager will strengthen in January. Yes fixture congestion will play its part but I suspect Lee Johnson will know his targets.

As someone else has mentioned Ipswich would benefit from a thinner schedule now and allow our best players to come back from injury.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:37 - Dec 16 with 4051 viewsbackwaywhen

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 18:08 - Dec 16 by lazyblue

Only if we are above them come the time ..... have my doubts on that one .
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:02 - Dec 16 with 3974 viewsEastTownBlue

All matches called off due to Covid are officially "suspended" to use the EFL terminology. This will be because they investigate each case before determining if the match is to be rescheduled.

As Sunderland played against AFC Wimbledon last night, I wonder if any of the players/staff that were tested positive were involved ?
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:08 - Dec 16 with 3935 viewsSteve_M

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:02 - Dec 16 by EastTownBlue

All matches called off due to Covid are officially "suspended" to use the EFL terminology. This will be because they investigate each case before determining if the match is to be rescheduled.

As Sunderland played against AFC Wimbledon last night, I wonder if any of the players/staff that were tested positive were involved ?

Sunderland wanted to postpone that too and are aggrieved that they weren't allowed to.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:25 - Dec 16 with 3870 viewsEastTownBlue

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:08 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

Sunderland wanted to postpone that too and are aggrieved that they weren't allowed to.

Just read up on that and seen that they were without 8 players last night.

Probably not the last we have heard about that.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 3220 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:25 - Dec 16 by EastTownBlue

Just read up on that and seen that they were without 8 players last night.

Probably not the last we have heard about that.

🤦🏼‍♂️ Errrm new manager needing a bit of time - Covid19 maybe the excuse n helping hand they need to reboot.

Like us with a big squad and academy we can find a team even with 8 out.

If it were Wimbledon then I would have understood this.

I’m sure time is what we need for our A team to recover.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 09:52 - Dec 17 with 3200 viewsclive_baker

Will we have the same fans claiming how close we are to the top because we've finished our season and others have 10 games left. Maybe we can go full Donald Trump and demand they stop the count.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 09:55 - Dec 17 with 3182 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:02 - Dec 16 by EastTownBlue

Sunderland have to provide evidence and they either didn’t want to or couldn’t vs Wimbledon
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 10:06 - Dec 17 with 3140 viewsTieDyedIn95

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 17:34 - Dec 16 by stantheman

Yeah because we always come back so strong after breaks or resting players.....

If we had a 3 game break now, we'd lose the 3 games following the break. That's how Ipswich works. I dread international breaks, cup games where players are rested and so on. because we always come back terrible.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 10:07 - Dec 17 with 3136 viewsTractorWood

They have to bubble up with their 90 year old Gran according to BoJo.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 14:52 - Dec 17 with 2890 viewsTheBoyBlue

It'll play into Lambert's hands. He can keep telling everyone how well we're doing to be down to our last thirty players and yet still in the top six, without mentioning that everyone else has ten games in hand on us.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:02 - Dec 17 with 2863 viewssnudge27

What's the difference between having a large number of players out injured, and a similar number out with Covid?

Based on this, am I right in thinking that if all the players on our injury list had Covid we'd be able to ask to postpone matches, but because they're injured we can't?

That's precisely why you have a squad, surely?

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:13 - Dec 17 with 2844 viewsSouperJim

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 19:08 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

Actually that's not entirely correct, they could have called it off but chose not to as they got very little clear guidance from the EFL as to what the consequences would be:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55330533

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:14 - Dec 17 with 2843 viewsVaughan8

A few months ago, Tranmere had to play with mostly youngsters in order to fulfill fixtures as they were "worried" about getting fined/points deducted.

Now lots of teams are just postponing fixtures?

I have no idea what the rules are.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 15:16]
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:28 - Dec 17 with 2800 viewssnudge27

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:14 - Dec 17 by Vaughan8

A few months ago, Tranmere had to play with mostly youngsters in order to fulfill fixtures as they were "worried" about getting fined/points deducted.

Now lots of teams are just postponing fixtures?

I have no idea what the rules are.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 15:16]

Yes, I was going to mention that.

If I remember correctly, the EFL had been less than positive about them being able to get away with calling off the fixture. Then again it doesn't seem to be the first time that Tranmere have had issues with the EFL recently.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 22:26 - Dec 17 with 2425 viewsronnyd

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 15:02 - Dec 17 by snudge27

What's the difference between having a large number of players out injured, and a similar number out with Covid?

Based on this, am I right in thinking that if all the players on our injury list had Covid we'd be able to ask to postpone matches, but because they're injured we can't?

That's precisely why you have a squad, surely?

Injuries aren't contagious, unfortunately, Covid is.
Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 08:44 - Dec 18 with 2227 viewsBryanPlug

Sunderland announce they can't play the next 3 games on 22:26 - Dec 17 by ronnyd

Injuries aren't contagious, unfortunately, Covid is.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024