Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? 20:25 - Jan 11 with 3342 viewsArnieM

It won’t be long before the season ticket renewal letters roll out from the club, putting forward a case for fans to renew, with all the usual platitudes we’ve come to expect.

So perhaps if fans want to make a real statement to Marcus Evans, that is their one real chance to do so. Simply don’t renew!

Will fans do that though ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 3311 viewshomer_123

Is it though? Evans seems happy covering loses already.

Will he be that unhappy having to cough up 400 or 500 thousand a month extra?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:34 - Jan 11 with 3290 viewsRonFearonsHair

I always considered myself to be a no-matter-whatter. As long as there were 11 boys in blue to support why wouldn't I, whatever the league, up or down, stick with them to the bitter end etc etc.

Found my limit on Saturday though. Feels too much as though I'm being taken for a ride and taken advantage of. I feel like an absolute mug and my goodwill has finally run out.

Waiting for change now.
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:41 - Jan 11 with 3255 viewsArnieM

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:29 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Is it though? Evans seems happy covering loses already.

Will he be that unhappy having to cough up 400 or 500 thousand a month extra?

When Lambert first took over he did REALLY well in uniting a fractured club from its fan base. The attendances increased from near 14-15k under McCarthy’s twilight days, to over 19-20 k for a team already relegated for those last half dozen or so games. The atmosphere at PR was electric at times, despite the fact that we were going to be relegated.

Evans liked that surge in optimism. WE liked that too. But that’s all gone now . And crowds will ( next season once allowed back in the ground ), will be closer to 10k than 20k... do you think Evans will really like that? I don’t .

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 3201 viewshomer_123

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:41 - Jan 11 by ArnieM

When Lambert first took over he did REALLY well in uniting a fractured club from its fan base. The attendances increased from near 14-15k under McCarthy’s twilight days, to over 19-20 k for a team already relegated for those last half dozen or so games. The atmosphere at PR was electric at times, despite the fact that we were going to be relegated.

Evans liked that surge in optimism. WE liked that too. But that’s all gone now . And crowds will ( next season once allowed back in the ground ), will be closer to 10k than 20k... do you think Evans will really like that? I don’t .

He's already covering £6m ... if its £9m or £10m is that going to bother him?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 3206 viewsclive_baker

It'll be too late by then. We've got an opportunity under a competent manager to get us firing this season and get promotion. The league is average, we're getting some of our players back and the next few months is pivotal. Voting with our feet is fine, but it won't change the outcome of this season, and I fear if we don't go up this year we could be destined to stay in division 3 for a while.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:55 - Jan 11 with 3190 viewsJ2BLUE

In classic Evans style he will wait until this season has been completely lost and then we'll get a new manager in for the new season and half of the fans will crumble and renew.

On and on we'll go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 21:30 - Jan 11 with 3113 viewsSeablu

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:55 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

In classic Evans style he will wait until this season has been completely lost and then we'll get a new manager in for the new season and half of the fans will crumble and renew.

On and on we'll go.

This place was in uproar in November.
Spineless defeats to Hull, Portsmouth, Charlton.
Avatars supporting Phil Ham, emails of protest flooding into Portman Rd.
Furious threads asking what the fans could do to instigate change.

A few games cancelled,
Paul McCartney’s new album.
The comfort of games in hand that will mystically propel us back into contention.
The exciting prospect of the return of injured players who improve in the minds of the masses the longer they’re out.
The chance, maybe in a few months, for the faithfully optimistic to get back in the ground before realising that we are actually still as appalling in the flesh as we are on tv.

ME might be clueless, but he’s sussed that all he has to do is wait out the tiny little tantrums.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 23:02]
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 03:24 - Jan 12 with 2924 viewschrismakin

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:53 - Jan 11 by clive_baker

It'll be too late by then. We've got an opportunity under a competent manager to get us firing this season and get promotion. The league is average, we're getting some of our players back and the next few months is pivotal. Voting with our feet is fine, but it won't change the outcome of this season, and I fear if we don't go up this year we could be destined to stay in division 3 for a while.

Realistically we we no doubt lose/Sell/Move on the following in the summer

Downes
Bishop
Andre
Donacien
Sears
McGuiness
Bennett
Huws
Chambers
Ward
Jackson
Edwards
Judge
Nydam
El Mizouni
Skuse

Alot of out of contract players, Loaness, or youngsters who will have clubs in for them

We will need a whole new squad, and i can't see us attracting anyoneof note to town,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 07:38 - Jan 12 with 2822 viewsArnieM

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:53 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Even Evans is a bottomless pit of money . His Corporation has taken a massive hit this last 12monthsv, undoubtedly haemorrhaging money works wide . He took an even bigger hit as regards ITFC was concerned when we didn’t go up last season ( and additional £9m on top of the annual £6m) , so yes, I’d say he will “ care” ( about his expenditure and financial commitments) very much . If you were him, wouldn’t you ?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 07:45 - Jan 12 with 2809 viewschrismakin

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 07:38 - Jan 12 by ArnieM

Even Evans is a bottomless pit of money . His Corporation has taken a massive hit this last 12monthsv, undoubtedly haemorrhaging money works wide . He took an even bigger hit as regards ITFC was concerned when we didn’t go up last season ( and additional £9m on top of the annual £6m) , so yes, I’d say he will “ care” ( about his expenditure and financial commitments) very much . If you were him, wouldn’t you ?

Evans Lost £50 Mill in 2019. so 2020 would have been horrid

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:27 - Jan 12 with 2729 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:53 - Jan 11 by homer_123

With the wage cap, it'll be significantly less than that

A lot of senior players out of contracts that will be replaced with players only able to get a fraction of what he's paying at the moment.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:39 - Jan 12 with 2693 viewsMonkeyAlan

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 03:24 - Jan 12 by chrismakin

Realistically we we no doubt lose/Sell/Move on the following in the summer

Downes
Bishop
Andre
Donacien
Sears
McGuiness
Bennett
Huws
Chambers
Ward
Jackson
Edwards
Judge
Nydam
El Mizouni
Skuse

Alot of out of contract players, Loaness, or youngsters who will have clubs in for them

We will need a whole new squad, and i can't see us attracting anyoneof note to town,

May be a good thing. None of that lot have excelled. They can all bugga off. They are all part of the problem, not just the manager. Evans you muppet.
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:46 - Jan 12 with 2675 viewstextbackup

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 21:30 - Jan 11 by Seablu

A few games cancelled,
The comfort of games in hand that will mystically propel us back into contention.
The exciting prospect of the return of injured players who improve in the minds of the masses the longer they’re out.
The chance, maybe in a few months, for the faithfully optimistic to get back in the ground before realising that we are actually still as appalling in the flesh as we are on tv.

ME might be clueless, but he’s sussed that all he has to do is wait out the tiny little tantrums.

spot on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 2663 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I agree that ST renewals is a good chance to have a voce. Its slightly catch 22 though, as less money through the door for ST's will almost certainly mean less money for the new players we'll desperately need to attract in the summer regardless of which division we're in, and also have us shopping in a different wage bracket for potential managers.
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:59 - Jan 12 with 2656 viewsitfcjoe

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:52 - Jan 12 by Matt_Netherlands

I agree that ST renewals is a good chance to have a voce. Its slightly catch 22 though, as less money through the door for ST's will almost certainly mean less money for the new players we'll desperately need to attract in the summer regardless of which division we're in, and also have us shopping in a different wage bracket for potential managers.

On the KoA pod yesterday Andy and Stu said that for all the talk the club confirned that the number of people who have cancelled their season ticket is 'dozens' so not exactly making any impact

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 11:33 - Jan 12 with 2598 viewshomer_123

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 07:38 - Jan 12 by ArnieM

It's not an additional £9m to £10m on the 6 Arnie.

10,000 season ticket holders at £600 a pop (rough average) = £6,000,000

Next year, that's likely to be half that as there is no way 10,000 would renew under the current situation - so let's say half, now the income is £3m not £6m.

The current loses run at circa £6m a year - but that will also come down due to the wage cap and a number of senior pros coming the end of their contracts, so, let's say that drops to loses of circa £4.5m a year. Now add in the £3m lost on season ticket sales.

That's losses next year of circa £7.5m (this year £6m) so he's got to fund an additional £1.5m a year.....that's not a big deal.

This is fag packet rough and even if the worst case scenario of no season ticket holder income, he's in for £10m loses per year as opposed to £6m....again, how big an issue is that for him?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 11:55 - Jan 12 with 2564 viewshadleighboyblue

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:34 - Jan 11 by RonFearonsHair

I always considered myself to be a no-matter-whatter. As long as there were 11 boys in blue to support why wouldn't I, whatever the league, up or down, stick with them to the bitter end etc etc.

Found my limit on Saturday though. Feels too much as though I'm being taken for a ride and taken advantage of. I feel like an absolute mug and my goodwill has finally run out.

Waiting for change now.

I think a lot of long term supporters feel the same , if PL stays lots of fans are not going to commit to another season .

It's not just the poor football , it's everything else too . The club used to be known as a friendly club that played attractive football .

When PL arrived , it was all about winning the fans back , all of that goodwill has now gone and I can't see any way back for the manager .

The players are under performing week after week .

From a supporters point of view , when was the last time ITFC did anything of note for the fans to remember , no cup runs , no big matches against top teams .... the Arsenal cup match was probably the last one . Fans thrive on such things .

I really think ST renewals are going to drop , the only thing to stop that is a new manager with some new ideas .

It's pretty obvious the players are not happy
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 15:03 - Jan 12 with 2486 viewsArnieM

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 11:33 - Jan 12 by homer_123

It's not an additional £9m to £10m on the 6 Arnie.

10,000 season ticket holders at £600 a pop (rough average) = £6,000,000

Next year, that's likely to be half that as there is no way 10,000 would renew under the current situation - so let's say half, now the income is £3m not £6m.

The current loses run at circa £6m a year - but that will also come down due to the wage cap and a number of senior pros coming the end of their contracts, so, let's say that drops to loses of circa £4.5m a year. Now add in the £3m lost on season ticket sales.

That's losses next year of circa £7.5m (this year £6m) so he's got to fund an additional £1.5m a year.....that's not a big deal.

This is fag packet rough and even if the worst case scenario of no season ticket holder income, he's in for £10m loses per year as opposed to £6m....again, how big an issue is that for him?

If this was just in “ normal” times I think I’d agree with you , maybe for him not much ...but on the backdrop of what the Evans Corporation has lost globally in this pandemic, it might be a significant amount for him to suddenly find, every season.

Time will tell I guess, but I do wonder if Evans tenure is reaching its tipping point!

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 20:03 - Jan 12 with 2372 viewsistanblue

Good post. Also fans need to hit the club financially in other ways too: no tickets, no iFollow, no buying anything from Planet Blue, no sponsoring etc. Evans' bottom line is pretty much the only thing he listens to. #EvansOut
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 22:26 - Jan 12 with 2297 viewsReuser_is_God

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 09:59 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

On the KoA pod yesterday Andy and Stu said that for all the talk the club confirned that the number of people who have cancelled their season ticket is 'dozens' so not exactly making any impact

Surely it’s more than dozens though? The club must not have told them a white lie there.

I know of at least 10 who have cancelled.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 23:37 - Jan 12 with 2211 viewsKropotkin123

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 21:30 - Jan 11 by Seablu

A few games cancelled,

Serious question, what can we do? I'm happy to keep the pressure on, but how do we do that in a national lockdown?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 03:15 - Jan 13 with 2161 viewsSuperCoops

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 22:26 - Jan 12 by Reuser_is_God

Surely it’s more than dozens though? The club must not have told them a white lie there.

I know of at least 10 who have cancelled.

I know a good few too.

Think it's a far greater than a "dozen", maybe not an earth shattering, but a number a sensible owner should be taking notice of (regardless of blaming Covid for it).
The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 1982 viewsEdmundo

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 07:45 - Jan 12 by chrismakin

Evans Lost £50 Mill in 2019. so 2020 would have been horrid

What would happen if Evan's himself went bankrupt? Just hypothetically, would our club fold with him or administration beckons, with the club and assets up for sale for £1?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

The power is with the fans really isn’t it? on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 1970 viewsGeorge25

can you see fans doing it? people on here and twitter have been saying they were going to cancel direct debits but according to what the guys at KOA have been told is that their has only been dozens. if your not going to renew, surely you would cancel now as atm their no evidence to suggest we will be allowed back at Portman road before end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024