Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
was much said about LC being dropped? 11:12 - Feb 7 with 3579 viewstextbackup

I didn't come on here yesterday to gauge the feeling. guessing some would have said it was a bad move and the team was too young/lacking a "leader"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 2698 viewsitfcjoe

I didn’t post much on here yesterday, but personally think we’d be better off with him in the centre back pairing as Woolfie and McG have struggled up against experienced strikers - players like Pitman and Wyke for Sunderland in recent weeks have mugged them off time and time again.

Both played ok yesterday, but think stroke of luck that Madine was not fit.

Guess game on Tuesday will be off which will help them settle together

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:20 - Feb 7 with 2667 viewsBluefish

I think we are still vulnerable to set pieces as the 1st half showed, we rode our luck. We were never really tested though because they rolled over when we scored and never got going again.

Happy to keep it so long as woolfenden can continue to develop. He has been going backwards all season without an experienced partner. Him a mcguiness look a bit more settled and the goal has done him wonders. We shouldn't however write Chambers off and we shouldn't turn on him. All players get phased out eventually including our former legends

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fairly indifferent really.... on 11:23 - Feb 7 with 2664 viewsBloots

....I think he should have played, he's better than McGuiness, but it didn't bite Shambert in the arse mainly because Madine wasn't playing.

If the game is on on Tuesday I think the two youngsters could struggle against JCH for Posh.

But generally I don't think many people care anymore.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I should have read this first. (n/t) on 11:24 - Feb 7 with 2642 viewsBloots

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:19 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

I didn’t post much on here yesterday, but personally think we’d be better off with him in the centre back pairing as Woolfie and McG have struggled up against experienced strikers - players like Pitman and Wyke for Sunderland in recent weeks have mugged them off time and time again.

Both played ok yesterday, but think stroke of luck that Madine was not fit.

Guess game on Tuesday will be off which will help them settle together

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Fairly indifferent really.... on 11:25 - Feb 7 with 2629 viewsBluefish

Fairly indifferent really.... on 11:23 - Feb 7 by Bloots

....I think he should have played, he's better than McGuiness, but it didn't bite Shambert in the arse mainly because Madine wasn't playing.

If the game is on on Tuesday I think the two youngsters could struggle against JCH for Posh.

But generally I don't think many people care anymore.

Lambert out.

Many have some severe chafing on their manhoods today because he was dropped

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:32 - Feb 7 with 2599 viewsSitfcB

As others have said he should’ve played in the middle with Woolfenden. Luckily Blackpool didn’t really offer any threat, although they had a couple of decent chances from set pieces.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:34 - Feb 7 with 2565 viewsBluefish

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:32 - Feb 7 by SitfcB

As others have said he should’ve played in the middle with Woolfenden. Luckily Blackpool didn’t really offer any threat, although they had a couple of decent chances from set pieces.

I expect it was more about resting our stalwart and stand out defender this season, arguably player of the season, because he had heroically played so many minutes this season

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:35 - Feb 7 with 2567 viewstextbackup

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:20 - Feb 7 by Bluefish

I think we are still vulnerable to set pieces as the 1st half showed, we rode our luck. We were never really tested though because they rolled over when we scored and never got going again.

Happy to keep it so long as woolfenden can continue to develop. He has been going backwards all season without an experienced partner. Him a mcguiness look a bit more settled and the goal has done him wonders. We shouldn't however write Chambers off and we shouldn't turn on him. All players get phased out eventually including our former legends

absolutely LC still has a part to play. I actually thought it was poor from PL not to bring him on around 70/75 for the kids at right back.

as it was we didn't concede, and that decision is irrelevant.

Login to get fewer ads

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 2543 viewsGarv

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:32 - Feb 7 by SitfcB

Why?

McGuinness is playing well and our best defender currently, and Woolfenden needs to get minutes and be developed, so a lot of people have said recently.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 2534 viewsSitfcB

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:38 - Feb 7 by Garv

Why?

McGuinness is playing well and our best defender currently, and Woolfenden needs to get minutes and be developed, so a lot of people have said recently.

1. He’s not our player.

2. He’s not that good.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:44 - Feb 7 with 2493 viewsBluefish

Why?

If you ever need reminding how much of legend Chambers is w had 3 players in our team yesterday named after him and they had one of our former players on their bench that was obviously named after him as well. That is greatness

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:45 - Feb 7 with 2499 viewstextbackup

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:34 - Feb 7 by Bluefish

I expect it was more about resting our stalwart and stand out defender this season, arguably player of the season, because he had heroically played so many minutes this season

he defiantly started the season well - i'd not be even remotely close to making him POTS tho, he has been terrible of late. 41 misplaced passes the other week wasn't it?
needs a rest, and hopefully finish the season strong so we get that 11th place finish

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:48 - Feb 7 with 2473 viewsBluefish

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:45 - Feb 7 by textbackup

he defiantly started the season well - i'd not be even remotely close to making him POTS tho, he has been terrible of late. 41 misplaced passes the other week wasn't it?
needs a rest, and hopefully finish the season strong so we get that 11th place finish

Performances he dipped a bit but not how many you think are ahead of him

arf! on 11:50 - Feb 7 with 2480 viewsDyland

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:34 - Feb 7 by Bluefish

I like Chambers, but....

gmpf

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:51 - Feb 7 with 2465 viewstextbackup

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:48 - Feb 7 by Bluefish

sorry, im a bit lost on what you mean, predictive text hasn't been kind there lol

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:23 - Feb 7 with 2341 viewsHerbivore

Why?

McGuiness always has a game changing error in him, sadly. And he's not our player, so if we help to get those game changing errors out of him it's of no benefit to us. Him and Woolf at the back hasn't worked, their inexperience has been shown up too many times. We'll face sterner tests than Blackpool missing by far their best striker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:28 - Feb 7 with 2316 viewsGlasgowBlue

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:48 - Feb 7 by Bluefish

It's all about opinions. And my opinion is that Chambers hasn't been the same player since the relegation season.

He was poor during the relegation season and seemed to have lost a yard of pace.

Last season he was error prone from the off (Sunderland in the second game) and had a mistake in him during most games. We were usually punished with a goal due to those mistakes.

Like Ward, he got off to a flyer earlier this season but his form has dropped massively and the unforced errors returned. He was also getting drawn out of position time and again.

He's been a great servant to the club but his time has passed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 2252 viewsGarv

was much said about LC being dropped? on 11:38 - Feb 7 by SitfcB

1. He’s not our player.

2. He’s not that good.

He's contracted to the club for as long as Chambers is currently, who hasn't been all that good recently himself. A lot of our players aren't that good, if you hadn't noticed.

Like I say, McGuinness is our most in form defender, and provides a goal threat. No brainier for him to play at the moment.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:43 - Feb 7 with 2240 viewsGarv

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:23 - Feb 7 by Herbivore

McGuiness always has a game changing error in him, sadly. And he's not our player, so if we help to get those game changing errors out of him it's of no benefit to us. Him and Woolf at the back hasn't worked, their inexperience has been shown up too many times. We'll face sterner tests than Blackpool missing by far their best striker.

I'd strongly argue most defenders at our level have that in them. Chambers has shown that himself. McGuinness has shown recently he's also got goal saving blocks and tackles in him too, so his position is justified at the minute.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:45 - Feb 7 with 2230 viewsJ2BLUE

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:41 - Feb 7 by Garv

He's contracted to the club for as long as Chambers is currently, who hasn't been all that good recently himself. A lot of our players aren't that good, if you hadn't noticed.

Like I say, McGuinness is our most in form defender, and provides a goal threat. No brainier for him to play at the moment.

Most people seem to disagree though. Personaly I don't think he's that good and would prefer Chambers alongside Woolf.

Also to Texters, I don't think he was dropped. As you may have heard Lambert mention 20-25 times we have 12 games in five weeks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:49 - Feb 7 with 2207 viewsHerbivore

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:43 - Feb 7 by Garv

I'd strongly argue most defenders at our level have that in them. Chambers has shown that himself. McGuinness has shown recently he's also got goal saving blocks and tackles in him too, so his position is justified at the minute.

McGuiness has been good for two penalties conceded and an own goal, plus at least two other occasions where him missing the ball or making another glaring error has led to a goal. Probably only Toto is coming close to him in terms of big errors leading to goals.

With regards to blocks and tackles, he has a touch of the Penningtons about him where most of his defending s desperate and last ditch because he's been caught out of position to begin with. A section of our fans were impressed with Pennington too.

If McGuiness was clearly better than the players we have here then I'd say fair enough, play him. But I'm not seeing it to be honest. I'd rather we focus on continuing to develop Woolf and we'd do that best by pairing him with an experienced partner.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:49 - Feb 7 with 2210 viewsGarv

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:45 - Feb 7 by J2BLUE

Most people seem to disagree though. Personaly I don't think he's that good and would prefer Chambers alongside Woolf.

Also to Texters, I don't think he was dropped. As you may have heard Lambert mention 20-25 times we have 12 games in five weeks.

Some people obviously do, which is fair enough. Unless there's a poll somewhere I've missed I'm not sure how you can say 'most' though. Chambers isn't 100% popular amongst the fanbase rightly or wrongly, and I think a large chunk will recognize the attributes McGuinness is giving the team at the moment, despite the odd negative (like most defenders at our level).

Personally, if Wilson was fully fit I'd probably try to fit him in there somewhere.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:57 - Feb 7 with 2182 viewsGarv

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:49 - Feb 7 by Herbivore

McGuiness has been good for two penalties conceded and an own goal, plus at least two other occasions where him missing the ball or making another glaring error has led to a goal. Probably only Toto is coming close to him in terms of big errors leading to goals.

With regards to blocks and tackles, he has a touch of the Penningtons about him where most of his defending s desperate and last ditch because he's been caught out of position to begin with. A section of our fans were impressed with Pennington too.

If McGuiness was clearly better than the players we have here then I'd say fair enough, play him. But I'm not seeing it to be honest. I'd rather we focus on continuing to develop Woolf and we'd do that best by pairing him with an experienced partner.

Regarding your first paragraph, possibly, but I'm not sure how much of that has come in recent weeks. Right now, he's playing well. Woolfenden made a mistake last weekend that led to a goal.

I see the Pennington comparison, but you can't put 'most' of his goal saving tackles and blocks down to him being out of position, that's nonsense and frankly lazy. A central defender will always need to do that from time to time, it won't necessarily be down to an error they've made.

If promotion is our aim above all else - and all I see at the moment is if we don't go up this season we're stuffed - then surely our best option is to play players who are most likely to get us results, not have someone hold Woolfenden's hand at centre half. He referred to himself as an experienced defender earlier in the season.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 13:04 - Feb 7 with 2148 viewsHerbivore

was much said about LC being dropped? on 12:57 - Feb 7 by Garv

Regarding your first paragraph, possibly, but I'm not sure how much of that has come in recent weeks. Right now, he's playing well. Woolfenden made a mistake last weekend that led to a goal.

I see the Pennington comparison, but you can't put 'most' of his goal saving tackles and blocks down to him being out of position, that's nonsense and frankly lazy. A central defender will always need to do that from time to time, it won't necessarily be down to an error they've made.

If promotion is our aim above all else - and all I see at the moment is if we don't go up this season we're stuffed - then surely our best option is to play players who are most likely to get us results, not have someone hold Woolfenden's hand at centre half. He referred to himself as an experienced defender earlier in the season.

It's not about someone holding Woolf's hand, it's about picking a good, balanced side. The two inexperienced CBs have been a problem a number of times this season, especially against better sides. I don't really think McGuiness is particularly better than Woolf even with the latter not being at his best this season. So for me it's Woolf and Chambers in the middle. Good blend of youth and experience to give us a bit more solidity and hopefully avoid some of the naive defending we've been prone to when pairing two rookies together. McGuiness can cover for Woolf when he needs a rest.

was much said about LC being dropped? on 13:08 - Feb 7 with 2129 viewsjayessess

Lambert suggested he was rested, so I expect he'll be back soon enough. Never should've been asked to play right-back for a half the season in the first place IMO.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024