Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone believe this? 12:55 - Feb 9 with 3162 viewsgiant_stow

The lab theory highly unlikely but frozen food a possible?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/09/wuhan-laboratory-leak-covid-origin

Think there might be some truth in Who being overly close to china.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Does anyone believe this? on 12:59 - Feb 9 with 3146 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is the theory that it escaped from a lab unlikely when they have a bloody great lab in Wuhan where it could have come from.

I don't know why more people aren't questioning this.

Q; Where do you think the Covid virus originating in Wuhan came from

1/ The Wuhan Virology Lab

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 13:14]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Does anyone believe this? on 13:03 - Feb 9 with 3109 viewsBrianTablet

Does anyone believe this? on 12:59 - Feb 9 by Lord_Lucan

Why is the theory that it escaped from a lab unlikely when they have a bloody great lab in Wuhan where it could have come from.

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

Because gun dogs don't carry the virus?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Does anyone believe this? on 13:03 - Feb 9 with 3102 viewsStokieBlue

China have internally and externally been trying to change the narrative that it started in Wuhan. I believe the latest target is the Indian subcontinent so expect to hear more of that from them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anyone believe this? on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 3085 viewsgiant_stow

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

Agreed. Blaming frozen food imports appears to be politically motivated and a little desperate. If they can't find a link to animals or this market after looking so hard, what else is there?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Does anyone believe this? on 13:08 - Feb 9 with 3082 viewsgiant_stow

Does anyone believe this? on 13:03 - Feb 9 by StokieBlue

China have internally and externally been trying to change the narrative that it started in Wuhan. I believe the latest target is the Indian subcontinent so expect to hear more of that from them.

SB

Interesting - that's the first time I've seen India mentioned - how's thT theory work?

Does anyone believe this? on 13:13 - Feb 9 with 3062 viewsLord_Lucan

Does anyone believe this? on 13:07 - Feb 9 by giant_stow

Agreed. Blaming frozen food imports appears to be politically motivated and a little desperate. If they can't find a link to animals or this market after looking so hard, what else is there?

If it actually came from a wet market do you not think that the Chinese government would have made more of an effort to close or improve them.

My friend advises me that as soon as their lockdowns were lifted the markets opened again immediately with lots of furry and red things dangling on sticks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Does anyone believe this? on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 3013 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone believe this? on 13:08 - Feb 9 by giant_stow

Interesting - that's the first time I've seen India mentioned - how's thT theory work?

It doesn't work. For the Chinese it works simply because it's somewhere that isn't Wuhan.

That is why they will push the frozen food angle. They are under the impression that what works internally as a means to obfuscate will work externally.

They are wrong of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does anyone believe this? on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 2972 viewsChurchman

Does anyone believe this? on 13:22 - Feb 9 by StokieBlue

It doesn't work. For the Chinese it works simply because it's somewhere that isn't Wuhan.

That is why they will push the frozen food angle. They are under the impression that what works internally as a means to obfuscate will work externally.

They are wrong of course.

SB

It’s a tactic that works. The Russians do it when they assassinate people or blow up nuclear reactors (until they can hide the problem no longer), or invade countries, the Chinese the same with just about everything. Whether it’s bats, dogs, meteorites or anything else, it originated from that country end of.

In 1939 Germany claimed Poland started World War Two. The got a load of people out of jail, dressed them in polish uniforms and shot the lot in a place called Gleiwitz. Totalitarian regimes do that sort of thing. It’s no good anyone expecting a shred of truth from China.

They should be curtailed, isolated but greed tells me that’ll not happen any more than Germany will halt its Russian pipeline.

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone believe this? on 13:41 - Feb 9 with 2973 viewsGuthrum

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

Because virology labs are used to handling dangerous materials and have strict controls and safety measures. Not saying it's impossible for accidents to happen, but workers tend to be extra careful.

Moreover, if it were an engineered virus, traces of that would be visible. As bioweapons go, it's not that effective (doesn't readily take out fighting-age people, for a start).

Given very similar viruses are known to exist in bats and crossing species boundaries is something which happens pretty regularly*, the idea that they are the original reservoir is mot so far fetched. There may have been an intervening stage, for which the pangolin is a reasonable candidate.

* The original vaccination was Edward Jenner using Cow Pox to protect humans against Smallpox. Humans can catch H1N1 bird flu.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does anyone believe this? on 13:50 - Feb 9 with 2925 viewsMonkeyAlan

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

I'm with you on this. A bloody great lab there and they can't/don't want to see it.
Does anyone believe this? on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 2910 viewsKeno

thats Bernard Matthews, always thought he was a wrong un

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone believe this? on 14:01 - Feb 9 with 2901 viewsChurchman

Does anyone believe this? on 13:54 - Feb 9 by Keno

thats Bernard Matthews, always thought he was a wrong un

I used to like Bernard Matthews Turkey burgers. They had a fetching sort of grey colour...I suspect they walked the whole Turkey into the grinder, added a bit of wood pulp and old bread, dipped in breadcrumbs and there you have it. Bootiful.

Does anyone believe this? on 14:09 - Feb 9 with 2881 viewsLord_Lucan

Does anyone believe this? on 13:41 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

Because virology labs are used to handling dangerous materials and have strict controls and safety measures. Not saying it's impossible for accidents to happen, but workers tend to be extra careful.

Moreover, if it were an engineered virus, traces of that would be visible. As bioweapons go, it's not that effective (doesn't readily take out fighting-age people, for a start).

Given very similar viruses are known to exist in bats and crossing species boundaries is something which happens pretty regularly*, the idea that they are the original reservoir is mot so far fetched. There may have been an intervening stage, for which the pangolin is a reasonable candidate.

* The original vaccination was Edward Jenner using Cow Pox to protect humans against Smallpox. Humans can catch H1N1 bird flu.

I'm not suggesting anything was done deliberately.

Does anyone believe this? on 14:12 - Feb 9 with 2874 viewsDebsyAngel

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

These wet markets have been going for ages, so I think its from that lab. They have been covering this up since this whole sorry hell started, and hiding evidence . I don't trust them as far as I can throw them and wish I could boycott anything made in that country but it seems to be impossible.
Does anyone believe this? on 14:35 - Feb 9 with 2847 viewsEireannach_gorm

* Ebola
Does anyone believe this? on 14:45 - Feb 9 with 2839 viewsBlueForYou

2/ A Pangolin

3/ A bat

If you go for answer one, you'll all be agreeing with Donald Trump. There must be another way!
Does anyone believe this? on 16:31 - Feb 9 with 2792 viewsMeadowlark

Does anyone believe it?

Because we are all expert virologists and we all have the deep scientific knowledge necessary to express an informed opinion.
Does anyone believe this? on 16:49 - Feb 9 with 2779 viewstractorlad01

I don’t think it’s unlikely at all. It’s a huge coincidence that the centre for coronavirus research is in Wuhan. A maximum security bio lab with multiple safety violations.

They had concerns over it back in 2017 https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:52]
Does anyone believe this? on 17:20 - Feb 9 with 2744 viewsTractorWood

It's clearly not highly unlikely. The WHO were and remain clearly in China's pocket. As they were last year when they praised them for the amazing response.

People can release whatever waffle they want but a lab that studies Coronaviruses being in the same town as the first outbreak of a new Coronavirus is so ludicrously coincidental it can't be just brushed to one side.

China's ridiculously defensive approach to any gentle questioning makes it feel even more likely. Chinese markets have been dealing with these animals for hundreds of years. An arbitrary mutation is possible but to me no more likely than any other explanation.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 17:25]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Does anyone believe this? on 17:40 - Feb 9 with 2702 viewsTractorWood

Does anyone believe this? on 16:49 - Feb 9 by tractorlad01

I don’t think it’s unlikely at all. It’s a huge coincidence that the centre for coronavirus research is in Wuhan. A maximum security bio lab with multiple safety violations.

They had concerns over it back in 2017 https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:52]

"It will focus on the control of emerging diseases, store purified viruses and act as a World Health Organization ‘reference laboratory’ linked to similar labs around the world. “It will be a key node in the global biosafety-lab network,”

Hhmmmm

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Does anyone believe this? on 17:44 - Feb 9 with 2685 viewsLord_Lucan

Does anyone believe this? on 16:31 - Feb 9 by Meadowlark

Does anyone believe it?

Because we are all expert virologists and we all have the deep scientific knowledge necessary to express an informed opinion.

Hi

What's your favourite cheese?

Does anyone believe this? on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 2619 viewsAce_High1

Yes very convenient that of the four theories of where the virus came from, this is the only one they have dismissed. Why not continue to look into it?

Also hear they are not out of China and not allowed to conduct any more investigations.

It is a bit like the Russians in Salisbury, the West shouts and screams but in reality what do we do? Just say a few strong words and they carry on as they were. They don't care and we cannot do anything about it.
Does anyone believe this? on 08:19 - Feb 10 with 2496 viewsLord_Lucan

Coincidently Guthers I just heard on the radio that the last smallpox infection and death was in the 1970's and was caught at a lab in Birmingham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024