Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 13:10 - Feb 17 with 1810 viewshype313

Lots, quite rightly pointing out (including myself) that he is the root cause of our demise.

But to offer a hypotheses, how would we all feel if he did manage to get the right man in and we went on a nice run, bluff promotion to the Championship, would we forget this time or would the anger still be there?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Evans on 13:13 - Feb 17 with 1782 viewsjayessess

Yeah, I think so. In an ideal world, I wouldn't want to be thinking about the owner at all, just enjoying watching my football club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Evans on 13:13 - Feb 17 with 1784 viewsDanTheMan

Evans issue can be solved without him even leaving. He just needs to appoint someone to deal with running the club properly, then he can do what he does best and stay anonymous.

Then people at the club can sort out the more systemic issues.

But right now the biggest pressing issue is Lambert. Solve that and the other things that need fixing can happen in the background.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Evans on 13:15 - Feb 17 with 1761 viewshype313

Evans on 13:13 - Feb 17 by DanTheMan

Evans issue can be solved without him even leaving. He just needs to appoint someone to deal with running the club properly, then he can do what he does best and stay anonymous.

But right now the biggest pressing issue is Lambert. Solve that and the other things that need fixing can happen in the background.

Which is even more infuriating, Evans can in one foul swoop sweep all this under the carpet with a decent appointment, I just can't see how this mess is benefiting him, bar publicity for the MEG, but that's not really great given corporate hospitality is on its knees.

The whole thing is bizarre.

Evans on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 1715 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It would buy breathing space I'm sure.

But its true.... I see so many clubs doing much more with far less. It not the amount of investment thats the biggest issue although we would all like to see more but what we do with it thats the issue.

Evans has made shocking appointment after shocking appointment.

He has let managers ride roughshod thought the ethos of this club and spunk his money up the wall with v little return on the footballing side.

We need a DOF.

We need modern structure

We need scouting fit for purpose

We need a transfer committee that is more than just the manager going "I want that one"

We need an identity.

We need a plan, a pathway that is stuck to. The 5 point plan is so far out the window its like Noidberg at the end of the 1st naked gun film.

All of this is achievable....if we didn't have a 4 year contract to pay up funds could be directed that way right now.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Evans on 13:27 - Feb 17 with 1694 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In the whole scheme of things, you would think appointing a capable football administrator as CEO, and an experienced football man as DoF would be relatively cheap.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 1684 viewsDanTheMan

Evans on 13:27 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

In the whole scheme of things, you would think appointing a capable football administrator as CEO, and an experienced football man as DoF would be relatively cheap.

Wouldn't even cost wages for a decent player for one year and yet I imagine the problems it would solve would be enormous.

Through my fairly limited time in football though, clubs are weirdly stingy with things that are not immediately related to the team.

Evans on 13:46 - Feb 17 with 1652 viewsghostofescobar

The tiny bit of hope I have is that purely down to luck and the law of averages, at some point Evans has to make the right managerial appointment. It won't happen through skill or planning, just luck.

GhostOfEscobar

Evans on 13:47 - Feb 17 with 1643 viewshype313

Evans on 13:46 - Feb 17 by ghostofescobar

The tiny bit of hope I have is that purely down to luck and the law of averages, at some point Evans has to make the right managerial appointment. It won't happen through skill or planning, just luck.

Throw enough sh1t and somethings got to stick eh.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 13:54 - Feb 17 with 1619 viewsBluedanW

This is the point. If only Evans could get the right people to run the club so he can take a back seat.
Its alright for Lambert to point fingers at the poor structure of the club, he has had 2 and half years to point Evans in the right direction as to repair these issues. However he has just happily kept collecting his wage packet.
That was my main issue with Mick Mccarthy, as Mick Mills pointed out last night Evans has backed the wrong managers financially, and not the backed the right ones such as Mccarthy. Mccarthy should of made more of a rumpus with Evans over funds and maybe the poor structure of the club . However he was happy just to collect his large salary and let the club slide.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 13:55]
Evans on 14:26 - Feb 17 with 1572 viewsjayessess

Evans on 13:47 - Feb 17 by hype313

Sort of? It'd help if we were a bit more brutal with our managers when it wasn't working. There's a tendency to sneer at clubs that chop and change, but would we really be worse off if we cut loose ours as soon as they started taking us backwards?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Evans on 14:33 - Feb 17 with 1549 viewsjeera

Evans on 13:47 - Feb 17 by hype313

Ah yes, the rooves/roofs still need cleaning eh?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans on 14:36 - Feb 17 with 1530 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I care nothing for Evans.

If he can get the structure right so be it. He has backed his managers in terms of time and generally in terms of budget too. There are far worse owners out there. If he could get proper, sound football advice I am sure he could be fine.

In other words, if Evans can get it right, yes, I would be happy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Evans on 14:36 - Feb 17 with 1529 viewsmonytowbray

If he got lucky I'd still want him gone long term.

Success or no success, he's really not the sort of businessman I personally want associated with the club nor do I like the fact I am putting money in his pocket.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Evans on 14:42 - Feb 17 with 1511 viewsChrisd

It would be terrific, but it only covers the cracks. Ipswich in the past was renowned for being a well run club both on and off the pitch, we are neither now. A new manager might provide that impetus we desperately need and give our players confidence that they are lacking currently, but there's bigger problems that need addressing. With us doing well on the pitch, will only serve to mask the issues off it which plays right into ME's hands. Having a successful side is one part of having a successful club. ITFC needs a complete review and a reset from top to bottom. It has completely lost it's way, it has forgotten what made us a well respected and proud club.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans on 14:49 - Feb 17 with 1488 viewseasynote

He’s already been down that road and it didn’t work by appointing 5 managers and inially appointing a certain non football CEO Mr Clegg
Evans on 14:51 - Feb 17 with 1478 viewsDanTheMan

Evans on 14:49 - Feb 17 by easynote

He’s already been down that road and it didn’t work by appointing 5 managers and inially appointing a certain non football CEO Mr Clegg

That's true, but that doesn't mean what he was actually doing was the wrong idea.

Milne and Clegg weren't football men, that's fine. If their remit had been handling all the non-football stuff they'd have probably been OK.

As it is now we apparently have O'Neill doing it from the opposite way, running far too much when he should just be focussing on what he is good at.

A few key appointments behind the scenes might make all the difference.

Along with a competent manager of course.

Evans on 14:52 - Feb 17 with 1477 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think under different set of results you'd have to judge him differently. None of this is or should be personal after all. But can you really see a different outcome under ME though?Unlikely I'd say.

The problem for us is that even though he's the ultimate problem, that won't change any time soon. So we're back on the managerial roundabout to stand any chance of a short term uplift in fortunes. And we know what the problem with that is - ME has to pick a new manager (*hides head in hands*).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans on 16:32 - Feb 17 with 1431 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans on 13:21 - Feb 17 by BlueandTruesince82

But its true.... I see so many clubs doing much more with far less. It not the amount of investment thats the biggest issue although we would all like to see more but what we do with it thats the issue.

He has let managers ride roughshod thought the ethos of this club and spunk his money up the wall with v little return on the footballing side.

We need a DOF.

We need modern structure

We need a transfer committee that is more than just the manager going "I want that one"

We need an identity.

We need a plan, a pathway that is stuck to. The 5 point plan is so far out the window its like Noidberg at the end of the 1st naked gun film.

All of this is achievable....if we didn't have a 4 year contract to pay up funds could be directed that way right now.

This.

The big point Lambert is making is that Evans insists on having the last say on everything, which means no one at the club can do anything with any level of autonomy.

It slows down the whole decision making process, and is probably the reason we missed out on targets in the window.

We have a DOF, who isn't a DOF, he's chief scout, but called the DOF. Everything about ITFC makes as much sense as having a stadium announcer when there's no fans in the stadium.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans on 17:08 - Feb 17 with 1380 viewsRonFearonsHair

Evans on 13:21 - Feb 17 by BlueandTruesince82

We need a DOF.

We need modern structure

We need an identity.

The club's overall approach to everything is summed up in the panic signing of four players on loan rather than diverting the money towards some decent scouts to identify targets for the summer.
Evans on 17:25 - Feb 17 with 1351 viewstractorboy7777

Like others have said, it would only paper of the cracks.

Off the pitch, the club is in a right state. The stadium needs a proper tidy up for a start. The pitch used to be one that others used to be impressed at but it’s been ripped to shreds for years.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024