Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? 09:30 - Mar 3 with 1461 viewsSwailsey

There's normally something that comes out a day or two afterwards - Keane, Hurst etc. I notice he had time to rule himself out of the Celtic job?

Also, nice to see the official Wigan Twitter feed wish PC luck here - what a stark contrast!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 09:32 - Mar 3 with 1435 viewsWD19

Its mostly just a relief that he hasn't.
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 09:50 - Mar 3 with 1352 viewsRegencyBlue

Bearing in mind what he said before he left I would imagine the payoff agreement includes some sort of gagging clause!
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 09:58 - Mar 3 with 1285 viewsBlueySwede

Is it?
If I remember correctly it took quite a while for Hurst to say something about his time at Town, and Mick too.
Some managers gives a small message on social media, thanking for being given the oppurtunity, etc.
No matter what we think of certain managers, they are humans. And being sacked I imagine can hurt quite a lot, even if you are given millions. I think most of them need a few weeks to settle down and maybe not say something too emotional or over the top.
It´s also possible that Lambert feels he has said what he wanted to "infrastructure is wrong, the club has brilliant fanbase, Evans has his views, I played for some massive clubs".
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 1176 viewsBlueBadger

The club have already said the only thing I wanted to hear him say - 'cheerio'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 11:19 - Mar 3 with 1148 viewsMetal_Hacker

If I never hear another word from the bloke again I'm sure I'd sleep at night

Think his feelings towards us is as bitter as our feelings towards him

Good luck to him in the future because he's going to need it

Perhaps he'll end up as someone's number 2 at Kings Lynn

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 11:26 - Mar 3 with 1097 viewschrismakin

I just feel relieved for all the local press who dont have to work with him again.

I couldn't imagine trying to do my job whilst working with someone like him.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 11:28]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 11:27 - Mar 3 with 1093 viewsTieDyedIn95

They said he'd be given time to come back and say his goodbyes to staff/players over the next few days. I expect he will say something generic after that. He could also be eying his next job as there's a few to go for.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1001 viewsThe_Major

Allegedly
Login to get fewer ads

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 14:03 - Mar 3 with 869 viewsvanmunt

Paul Lameburk has just released an official statement on his ITFC departure.

'I played for some big clubs you know, oh, and also something Germany'
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 14:24 - Mar 3 with 807 viewsMattinLondon

Probably too busy laughing at his bank statement ‘I got how much for being rubbish?

On a serious note, the man looks like he’s aged decades since being here and so he should only be thinking about resting. On a personal level, I hope he gets himself back off the ground and rejuvenates himself.
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:06 - Mar 3 with 755 viewsGeorge03

I also found it strange how none of the players have come out and said anything about lambert leaving.
When both Mick and Hurst left i remember players coming out and putting messages on social media.
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:22 - Mar 3 with 714 viewsMattinLondon

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:06 - Mar 3 by George03

I also found it strange how none of the players have come out and said anything about lambert leaving.
When both Mick and Hurst left i remember players coming out and putting messages on social media.

In the main the players liked Mick and given the circumstances wanted to cement their fondness with him. Pretty sure most of the players are quite indifferent towards PL so are less keen to post niceties on social media
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:27 - Mar 3 with 693 viewsGeorge03

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:22 - Mar 3 by MattinLondon

In the main the players liked Mick and given the circumstances wanted to cement their fondness with him. Pretty sure most of the players are quite indifferent towards PL so are less keen to post niceties on social media

just goes to show how bad things were behind the scenes
Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:28 - Mar 3 with 687 viewschrismakin

Is it strange that PL hasn't made a statement? on 15:06 - Mar 3 by George03

It is quite damning that there hasnt been 1 mention of him leaving by anyone.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024