Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Based on Cotter being released 09:00 - Mar 23 with 4106 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think the following will also be released.

Skuse
Chambers - But with Testimonial
Ward
Sears
Przybek
Morris
Clements
Z Brown
K Brown
Hughes
Wright
Huws
Drinan

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Based on Cotter being released on 09:05 - Mar 23 with 3137 viewsMrTown

Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Jackson

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Based on Cotter being released on 09:10 - Mar 23 with 3113 viewsGuthrum

Based on Cotter being released on 09:05 - Mar 23 by MrTown

Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Jackson

Not sure I'd want to lose any of those - our best CB, useful playmaker who has finally found his feet, decent utility CB and reasonably fast striker who scored 11 goals last season. Who would you replace tham with?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Based on Cotter being released on 09:10 - Mar 23 with 3105 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Jackson

No Chance
No Chance
No Chance
Definitely No Chance

Based on Cotter being released on 09:11 - Mar 23 with 3096 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cook

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Based on Cotter being released on 09:19 - Mar 23 with 3063 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Agree with most... but I'm not entirely sure how you've jumped from a player with 4 first team appearances being released, to releasing our club captain to has started every game since Cook arrived?
Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 with 3038 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Based on Cotter being released on 09:19 - Mar 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Agree with most... but I'm not entirely sure how you've jumped from a player with 4 first team appearances being released, to releasing our club captain to has started every game since Cook arrived?

Who else is there? If KVY was fit, do you think Chambers would be starting every game?

I highly doubt it. Wilson and Toto have formed a good partnership. Cook will be very very reluctant to break that up. Ultimately, if KVY had been fit, Chambo would have been on the bench for every single one of Cooks games.

His time is done, and I don't see that Cook will have too much time for sentimentality.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:24]

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 with 3034 viewsclive_baker

I hope we keen Ben Morris, I really like the look of him. Appreciate he's had injury problems but I think we could regret not giving him another crack.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Based on Cotter being released on 10:01 - Mar 23 with 2911 viewsgordon

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 by clive_baker

I hope we keen Ben Morris, I really like the look of him. Appreciate he's had injury problems but I think we could regret not giving him another crack.

Agree, there's not really much to be gained from releasing him, another years contract would presumably be on a really low salary, and you never know - at League One level he could easily break into the team, score a few goals and all of a sudden you've got a 22 year old forward worth half a million etc.

Would also possibly suit one of the wide forward positions and be a goal threat there.
Login to get fewer ads

Based on Cotter being released on 10:15 - Mar 23 with 2863 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 by clive_baker

Me too. I guess the question is whether or not Cook wants to 'take a clean broom' to it, and how much evidence of Morris' potential is put in front of him.

Based on Cotter being released on 10:35 - Mar 23 with 2829 viewsitfcjoe

Based on Cotter being released on 10:01 - Mar 23 by gordon

Agree, there's not really much to be gained from releasing him, another years contract would presumably be on a really low salary, and you never know - at League One level he could easily break into the team, score a few goals and all of a sudden you've got a 22 year old forward worth half a million etc.

Would also possibly suit one of the wide forward positions and be a goal threat there.

The issue is, and I'm not sure it's the case, but the 22 man squad being named

Was that purely for salary cap purposes? Or is it going to stick around.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Based on Cotter being released on 10:44 - Mar 23 with 2787 viewsRadlett_blue

Based on Cotter being released on 10:35 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

The issue is, and I'm not sure it's the case, but the 22 man squad being named

Was that purely for salary cap purposes? Or is it going to stick around.

Indeed, some of these would now count as senior players as they will be over 21. However, I think that rule may have been abolished along with the ill thought out salary cap, although you never really know with the Football League.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Based on Cotter being released on 10:45 - Mar 23 with 2786 viewsLeoMuff

Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Jackson

Judge I’m not sure on, decent at times but I would imagine is on very good wages, and think we could do better with that available to use.
Bishop has to stay for me looks like he could be back to somewhere near his previous form.
Wilson perfectly decent CB or back up in LG 1
Jackson not sure, has all the attributes to play that lone role, but not convinced so far.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Based on Cotter being released on 10:45 - Mar 23 with 2787 viewsdirtyboy

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Who else is there? If KVY was fit, do you think Chambers would be starting every game?

I highly doubt it. Wilson and Toto have formed a good partnership. Cook will be very very reluctant to break that up. Ultimately, if KVY had been fit, Chambo would have been on the bench for every single one of Cooks games.

His time is done, and I don't see that Cook will have too much time for sentimentality.

Chambers, Nisala, Woolfenden and Wilson will likely be our central defenders next year in whichever pairing Cook chooses.

We need at least 4, there they are.

We NEED full backs and KVY returning is part of what's needed.

If KVY had been fit from the start, one of either Wilson or Nsiala would have been on the bench, not Chambers.

ETA

Chambers time is done, but only at RB.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 10:46]
Based on Cotter being released on 10:49 - Mar 23 with 2760 viewsRadlett_blue

Based on Cotter being released on 10:45 - Mar 23 by dirtyboy

Chambers, Nisala, Woolfenden and Wilson will likely be our central defenders next year in whichever pairing Cook chooses.

If KVY had been fit from the start, one of either Wilson or Nsiala would have been on the bench, not Chambers.

ETA

Ndaba has been playing regularly for Ayr United & you would hope he might be ready to act as back up as he's now 21. If he isn't good enough to do that, he probably shouldn't be at the club, although he's under contract until at least next year.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Based on Cotter being released on 12:21 - Mar 23 with 2635 viewsWeWereZombies

Based on Cotter being released on 10:49 - Mar 23 by Radlett_blue

Ndaba has been playing regularly for Ayr United & you would hope he might be ready to act as back up as he's now 21. If he isn't good enough to do that, he probably shouldn't be at the club, although he's under contract until at least next year.

From what I saw of the live match last month Ndbaba is a good leader on the pitch and worked well as a right sided defender / defensively minded midfielder but gave away too many free kicks - which may be why Ayr were using him away from the central defence position (or it may just be the case that they already have centre backs but want to accommodate a talented footballer). This leads me to question whether he is a serious challenger to Chambers / Nsiala / Wilson / Woolfendon yet. He may benefit from another year out on loan but this time to a Fourth Division team in the south.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Based on Cotter being released on 13:49 - Mar 23 with 2480 viewsBlueBadger

Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Jackson

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Based on Cotter being released on 14:00 - Mar 23 with 2434 viewsjayessess

Based on Cotter being released on 10:45 - Mar 23 by dirtyboy

ETA

It would be incredibly unambitious to keep all 3 out-of-contract CBs, especially if Cook doesn't rate Woolfenden. None of them stand out for this division and if you're aspiring to win the league then that's what we should be aiming for.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Based on Cotter being released on 14:10 - Mar 23 with 2410 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

If KVY is fit, Chambers plays at centre half. He won't play every game but we would be silly to let him(or Wilson for that matter) leave, especially if we are in League one.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Based on Cotter being released on 14:31 - Mar 23 with 2364 viewspete81

Based on Cotter being released on 14:10 - Mar 23 by JammyDodgerrr

If KVY is fit, Chambers plays at centre half. He won't play every game but we would be silly to let him(or Wilson for that matter) leave, especially if we are in League one.

Ben Folami another with contract coming to an end.....been and and out of the Melbourne victory team who are bottom of their A-league.....possible as a squad player in league 1 covering the wide positions in a 4.2.3.1
Based on Cotter being released on 14:44 - Mar 23 with 2336 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Based on Cotter being released on 14:31 - Mar 23 by pete81

Ben Folami another with contract coming to an end.....been and and out of the Melbourne victory team who are bottom of their A-league.....possible as a squad player in league 1 covering the wide positions in a 4.2.3.1

Possibly, but we've seen so little of him in and around the first time i wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Based on Cotter being released on 15:36 - Mar 23 with 2249 viewsjayessess

Based on Cotter being released on 14:10 - Mar 23 by JammyDodgerrr

Renewing the same players year after year after year and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, isn't it?

Based on Cotter being released on 15:36 - Mar 23 with 2249 viewsdirtyboy

Based on Cotter being released on 14:00 - Mar 23 by jayessess

It would be incredibly unambitious to keep all 3 out-of-contract CBs, especially if Cook doesn't rate Woolfenden. None of them stand out for this division and if you're aspiring to win the league then that's what we should be aiming for.

Unambitious, but taking emotions out of it, Ipswich have not been bad defensively at all and with possible doubts over KVY, you need back up and Chambers can, albeit begrudglingly, offer that cover.

Then consider we've generally posed little threat going forward and that we've often invited teams to have a go, then the fact that our current defence haven't actually condeded too many goals all things considered (5th best?) then I don't feel we can be too critical over any of the pairings which haven't included Chambers who is probably, being honest, a better footballer than Nsiala and Wilson.

McGuinness will go back, we're down to 3 CBs. You think we should lose our entire defence?

I'd say the issues are further up the pitch and KVY + a LB could provide a much needed boost to the defence.
Based on Cotter being released on 15:47 - Mar 23 with 2235 viewsjayessess

Based on Cotter being released on 15:36 - Mar 23 by dirtyboy

Unambitious, but taking emotions out of it, Ipswich have not been bad defensively at all and with possible doubts over KVY, you need back up and Chambers can, albeit begrudglingly, offer that cover.

Then consider we've generally posed little threat going forward and that we've often invited teams to have a go, then the fact that our current defence haven't actually condeded too many goals all things considered (5th best?) then I don't feel we can be too critical over any of the pairings which haven't included Chambers who is probably, being honest, a better footballer than Nsiala and Wilson.

McGuinness will go back, we're down to 3 CBs. You think we should lose our entire defence?

I'd say the issues are further up the pitch and KVY + a LB could provide a much needed boost to the defence.

6th best (7th if it's goals per game)

The target is top 2 though, isn't it? I don't think the question is "are the defence the worst part of the team", it's "would any of these be playing centre back for the best team in the league" or "is this the best we could get for our budget?"

Based on Cotter being released on 15:50 - Mar 23 with 2216 viewsitfcjoe

Based on Cotter being released on 15:47 - Mar 23 by jayessess

6th best (7th if it's goals per game)

The target is top 2 though, isn't it? I don't think the question is "are the defence the worst part of the team", it's "would any of these be playing centre back for the best team in the league" or "is this the best we could get for our budget?"

You have to see who is happy to be a back up as well - someone like Wilson just simply doesn't see himself as a back up and will leave if that is the case, as he did at Lincoln. Understandable in a short career.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Based on Cotter being released on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 2094 viewsLeoMuff

Based on Cotter being released on 14:00 - Mar 23 by jayessess

Now I can see where you come from, but Toto was one of the best LG 1 CB at Shrews, Chambers is decent at this level, Woolf has bags of potential while Wilson also very decent as this level

We are not going to see an entirely new squad, we just won’t be able to get that volume of players in the door at once and at the level required.

We need to prioritise and that would be full backs, midfield, then strikers.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024