Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. 11:03 - Apr 11 with 2842 viewsBlueschev

Thank goodness for the relentless coverage across the entire BBC for educating me.

They even cancelled the Sunday morning quiz on radio Suffolk, which makes perfect sense.
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:24 - Apr 11 with 2193 viewsMJallday

Have some respect.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:25 - Apr 11 with 2194 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Are you referring to that chap who came over here as an immigrant and obtained citizenship through arranged marriage (to his cousin), was given free house, car etc, and lived on benefits for decades, had multiple kids - all looked after by tax-payer?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:33 - Apr 11 with 2167 viewsHARRY10

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:24 - Apr 11 by MJallday

Have some respect.

I never knew him, and a man of his age dying is not uncommon.

You need to learn the difference between respect and obsequious.
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:37 - Apr 11 with 2149 viewsWD19

Stop trying so hard.
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:38 - Apr 11 with 2134 viewsJ2BLUE

The OP words it rather bluntly but I share his surprised at the full on nature of the coverage. Even in 2021 Britain where grieving is competitive it seems a bit OTT.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:38 - Apr 11 with 2133 viewsgainsboroughblue

If only there were hundreds of other tv and radio channels plus various streaming outlets out there to avoid this coverage if you wanted to.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:42 - Apr 11 with 2109 viewsHARRY10

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:38 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

The OP words it rather bluntly but I share his surprised at the full on nature of the coverage. Even in 2021 Britain where grieving is competitive it seems a bit OTT.

I'm sure many would wish this upon us all

One's a verb/noun..... on 11:53 - Apr 11 with 2059 viewsBloots

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:33 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

I never knew him, and a man of his age dying is not uncommon.

You need to learn the difference between respect and obsequious.

....the other is an adjective.

Do I win a prize?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

One's a verb/noun..... on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 2024 viewsHARRY10

One's a verb/noun..... on 11:53 - Apr 11 by Bloots

Do I win a prize?

Yes, a royal title for outstanding service to TWTD

and 5 rows of medals to go with the outfit that makes you look like the commissionaire of some 1950s cinema
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:29 - Apr 11 with 1974 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:38 - Apr 11 with 1937 viewsleitrimblue

He's the greatest, he's fantastic
Wherever there is danger he'll be there
He's the ace, he's amazing
He's the strongest he's the quickest he's the best
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:45 - Apr 11 with 1899 viewsHARRY10

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:38 - Apr 11 by leitrimblue

He's the greatest, he's fantastic
Wherever there is danger he'll be there
He's the ace, he's amazing
He's the strongest he's the quickest he's the best

He was also dashing, I'm not sure if that has been mentioned
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:56 - Apr 11 with 1865 viewsbournemouthblue

Prince Phillip was clearly a decent enough bloke but the coverage was very tinpot dictatorshiplike for me

We laugh at other countries which react like this

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

One's a verb/noun..... on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 1854 viewsjeera

One's a verb/noun..... on 11:53 - Apr 11 by Bloots

Do I win a prize?

Long after your passing there will be songs sung around campfires.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:59 - Apr 11 with 1852 viewsleitrimblue

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 12:45 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

He was also dashing, I'm not sure if that has been mentioned

I forgot to mention
He's terrific, he's magnific
He's the fastest he's the quickest he's the best
One's a verb/noun..... on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 1842 viewsSpruceMoose

One's a verb/noun..... on 12:58 - Apr 11 by jeera

Long after your passing there will be songs sung around campfires.

And some folk will be in trouble for adding a verse about how he was a decent sort but could be a bit of a bell at times.

It is what he would have wanted.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 1825 viewsjeera

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:00 - Apr 11 by SpruceMoose

And some folk will be in trouble for adding a verse about how he was a decent sort but could be a bit of a bell at times.

It is what he would have wanted.

I hadn't got as far as the lyrics.

Only the concept.

Perhaps Bloots would like to write a few of his own to start it off.

Just in case.

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 1807 viewsleitrimblue

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:03 - Apr 11 by jeera

I hadn't got as far as the lyrics.

Only the concept.

Perhaps Bloots would like to write a few of his own to start it off.

Just in case.

Can I suggest the theme tune to Danger mouse?
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 13:06 - Apr 11 with 1809 viewsGeoffSentence

I was rather amused by some coverage on Times Radio this morning, they were asking the question was Prince Philip a feminist. This was based on the fact that he was deferential to his wife, bowed to her, walked behind her in public and played second fiddle to her.

They got an expert on to interview, her response was pretty straightforward. To Paraphrase.

"No.

He had to do all that as his wife was the Queen.

No, he wasn't a feminist."

It was kind of a daft angle to go with to my mind, and fairly typical of how some sections of the media like to try and revise things in retrospect.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 1785 viewsjeera

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:05 - Apr 11 by leitrimblue

Can I suggest the theme tune to Danger mouse?

When I was a kid in Ipswich there was an annoying paperboy used to sing that tune replacing his own name in place of DM.

I could hear him coming down the street and it's used to drive me mad to the point I ended up chasing him down the road one afternoon.

He then started to sing it louder just to wind me up, throw the paper in the front garden and run like feck.

It got to the point I would obsessively wait for him and look out the window.

I hated him.

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:14 - Apr 11 with 1757 viewsleitrimblue

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:10 - Apr 11 by jeera

When I was a kid in Ipswich there was an annoying paperboy used to sing that tune replacing his own name in place of DM.

I could hear him coming down the street and it's used to drive me mad to the point I ended up chasing him down the road one afternoon.

He then started to sing it louder just to wind me up, throw the paper in the front garden and run like feck.

It got to the point I would obsessively wait for him and look out the window.

I hated him.

Excellent! 😁😁. Love that story. Can't get the danger mouse tune outta my Head now
One's a verb/noun..... on 13:36 - Apr 11 with 1685 viewsgainsboroughblue

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:14 - Apr 11 by leitrimblue

Excellent! 😁😁. Love that story. Can't get the danger mouse tune outta my Head now

Me neither. You sod Jeera.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:38 - Apr 11 with 1679 viewsjeera

One's a verb/noun..... on 13:36 - Apr 11 by gainsboroughblue

Me neither. You sod Jeera.

Sorry.

If it's any help, it's irritating me too.

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 13:46 - Apr 11 with 1653 viewskeighleyblue

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:24 - Apr 11 by MJallday

Have some respect.

I think we'd all be in a better place if respect for others was earned, rather than continual doffing of servile caps to those whose positions are conferred by privilege.

Here endeth etc
I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 13:57 - Apr 11 with 1633 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I’d never realised Comrade Phillip was the greatest man that ever lived. on 11:38 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Just wait till Liz goes!!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024