Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine 12:37 - Apr 14 with 2546 viewswaveneyblue

Just been jabbed. Credit where its due, brilliantly organised, felt safe as anything and fingers crossed my arm doesn't fall off or I don't grow a second head. Whatever criticism you can throw their way, the government have certainly nailed this bit...
Vaccine on 12:47 - Apr 14 with 1467 viewsHARRY10

it is actually the NHS responsible for this - not the government
Vaccine on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 1442 viewsBasuco

The NHS were given the role of organising the vaccine rollout, not Conservative party donors or friends of cabinet ministers. Funny how it is working so well isn't it.
Vaccine on 13:18 - Apr 14 with 1396 viewswaveneyblue

Vaccine on 13:03 - Apr 14 by Basuco

The NHS were given the role of organising the vaccine rollout, not Conservative party donors or friends of cabinet ministers. Funny how it is working so well isn't it.

Whatever and whoever - its impressive
Vaccine on 13:20 - Apr 14 with 1389 viewsHARRY10

Vaccine on 13:03 - Apr 14 by Basuco

What the givernment actually did

"Dido Harding’s test and trace system has swallowed up “unimaginable” amounts of taxpayers’ money with no evidence of any measurable difference on the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, a scathing report by a Westminster spending watchdog has found."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-trace-dido-hardi

"Despite its £23bn budget in its first year of operation, test and trace failed in its task of preventing the second and third lockdowns, found the cross-party House of Commons Public Accounts Committee. "

I wonder if we will see those figures on the side of a bus ?
Vaccine on 13:23 - Apr 14 with 1370 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I am pleased waveneyblue that you had a good vaccine experience, so many of us have.
Please remember though - if it doesn't work, goes wrong, or is worse than other countries, it is the governments fault; or according to several on here, specifically Boris Johnson is to blame.
If it works well, is correct and better than most other countries, then it is down to anyone other than the government or specifically Boris Johnson.
This is on any subject and not just covid related. Oh and any bad news especially that in The Guardian will always be true; but any good news wherever it may be will always be incorrect.
Finally, do not drink at a local Wetherspoons, admit to have voted Brexit and certainly never admit that you voted Conservative.
Vaccine on 13:25 - Apr 14 with 1360 viewsSpruceMoose

Vaccine on 13:23 - Apr 14 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am pleased waveneyblue that you had a good vaccine experience, so many of us have.
Please remember though - if it doesn't work, goes wrong, or is worse than other countries, it is the governments fault; or according to several on here, specifically Boris Johnson is to blame.
If it works well, is correct and better than most other countries, then it is down to anyone other than the government or specifically Boris Johnson.
This is on any subject and not just covid related. Oh and any bad news especially that in The Guardian will always be true; but any good news wherever it may be will always be incorrect.
Finally, do not drink at a local Wetherspoons, admit to have voted Brexit and certainly never admit that you voted Conservative.

Here he is! Weird Post Man appears again!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Vaccine on 13:26 - Apr 14 with 1357 viewsSwansea_Blue

Vaccine on 12:47 - Apr 14 by HARRY10

For the implementation yes, full credit to the NHS. Hatt Mancock deserves credit though for spread-ordering across all the vaccines early on in the pandemic. It's largely as a result of his early work that we have the vaccines to roll out.

We got off to a great start. Others are catching up now though (and we need them to). India had administered over 100 million vaccines so far, nearly 2.5x as us but obviously to a much smaller percentage of their population.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vaccine on 13:26 - Apr 14 with 1360 viewswaveneyblue

Vaccine on 13:20 - Apr 14 by HARRY10

What the givernment actually did

"Dido Harding’s test and trace system has swallowed up “unimaginable” amounts of taxpayers’ money with no evidence of any measurable difference on the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, a scathing report by a Westminster spending watchdog has found."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-trace-dido-hardi

"Despite its £23bn budget in its first year of operation, test and trace failed in its task of preventing the second and third lockdowns, found the cross-party House of Commons Public Accounts Committee. "

I wonder if we will see those figures on the side of a bus ?

I've had a vaccine, like millions of others

Most of Europe haven't.

That's the important bit for me -
Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine on 13:29 - Apr 14 with 1344 viewsChurchman

Vaccine on 12:47 - Apr 14 by HARRY10

Actually, despite my loathing of them, the government do deserve credit for the vaccine rollout. And so do all the people involved from the NHS, to the scientists, project managers, manufacturers, delivery drivers, local authorities, volunteers etc etc etc. It’s a proper team effort and hats off to them all. Mega impressed.
Vaccine on 13:30 - Apr 14 with 1343 viewsHARRY10

Vaccine on 13:26 - Apr 14 by waveneyblue

Most of Europe haven't.

I think the first sentence would have explained it - whereas it is the second sentence that actually explains it
Vaccine on 13:30 - Apr 14 with 1339 viewsgiant_stow

From my limited knowledge, the govt got vaccination procurement right, not by making micro decisions, but hiring a very able person to head it up: Kate Bingham.

Perhaps they also did right by deciding to leave the NHS to run the vacicnation programme itself, although others might say thats only what they should have done.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Vaccine on 13:32 - Apr 14 with 1340 viewsfactual_blue

That's because all the decision-making around delivering vaccines has been made way, way below the political level.

By People Who Actually Know What They're Doing. Public Servants in other words.

Once the no-brainer about 'do we vaccinate people?' was made, the politicians haven't been involved.

boris really can't claim any credit for the success of the vaccination programme.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Vaccine on 13:33 - Apr 14 with 1330 viewsfactual_blue

Vaccine on 13:29 - Apr 14 by Churchman

Actually, despite my loathing of them, the government do deserve credit for the vaccine rollout. And so do all the people involved from the NHS, to the scientists, project managers, manufacturers, delivery drivers, local authorities, volunteers etc etc etc. It’s a proper team effort and hats off to them all. Mega impressed.

It's an administrative triumph. Not a political one.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That won't do on here.... on 13:37 - Apr 14 with 1307 viewsBloots

Vaccine on 13:26 - Apr 14 by waveneyblue

Most of Europe haven't.

....you have to make it a political statement.

You should know that by now!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Vaccine on 13:40 - Apr 14 with 1307 viewsHARRY10

Would thus be the same government who failed to lock down early, leading to such a high number of deaths

"Britain got a month’s head start on the EU by approving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the start of December, and then AstraZeneca’s at the end of that month. It had to accept the terms offered by the pharmaceutical companies, however, both in paying a higher price per dose, and by waiving their civil liability in the event of adverse effects."

"The UK’s “success” is a really an illusion: because to be fully effective, the vaccine requires two doses. And only 0.80% of the UK population has received both shots, less than that of France (0.92%), and a long way behind Denmark, which has 2.87% of its population fully vaccinated."

"Above all, extending the time lag between first and the second doses, as the UK has done, potentially carries risks."

perhaps it might be better to judge AFTER the second dose has been rolled out
Vaccine on 13:43 - Apr 14 with 1276 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Vaccine on 13:30 - Apr 14 by giant_stow

From my limited knowledge, the govt got vaccination procurement right, not by making micro decisions, but hiring a very able person to head it up: Kate Bingham.

Perhaps they also did right by deciding to leave the NHS to run the vacicnation programme itself, although others might say thats only what they should have done.

giant_ullaa - you are right of course, and thank goodness that the governments choice of Kate Bingham turned out to be a good one.
My post was a bit tongue in cheek because of 1) I'm still a tad cross, angry, upset, sad re ITFC and 2) a bit of balance doesn't do any harm.
Vaccine on 13:54 - Apr 14 with 1256 viewsChurchman

Vaccine on 13:40 - Apr 14 by HARRY10

Would thus be the same government who failed to lock down early, leading to such a high number of deaths

"Britain got a month’s head start on the EU by approving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the start of December, and then AstraZeneca’s at the end of that month. It had to accept the terms offered by the pharmaceutical companies, however, both in paying a higher price per dose, and by waiving their civil liability in the event of adverse effects."

"The UK’s “success” is a really an illusion: because to be fully effective, the vaccine requires two doses. And only 0.80% of the UK population has received both shots, less than that of France (0.92%), and a long way behind Denmark, which has 2.87% of its population fully vaccinated."

"Above all, extending the time lag between first and the second doses, as the UK has done, potentially carries risks."

According to Ourworldindata.org, 11.6% of the U.K. population has been fully vaccinated against 5.6% French and 6.2% German. First doses U.K. 47.2%, France 16.2% and Germany 16.8% as at 12/4.

As for time lags, the government took a calculated risk as a matter of policy. From the position of an ignoramus such as me, it looked a rational decision based on the published risks. I guess how good a decision will depend on whether the 2nd dose schedule is stuck to and whether the EU are able to interfere with it.
Vaccine on 13:55 - Apr 14 with 1242 viewsgiant_stow

Vaccine on 13:43 - Apr 14 by Timefliesbyintheblue

giant_ullaa - you are right of course, and thank goodness that the governments choice of Kate Bingham turned out to be a good one.
My post was a bit tongue in cheek because of 1) I'm still a tad cross, angry, upset, sad re ITFC and 2) a bit of balance doesn't do any harm.

Fair dos fella - balance and different opinions are always desirable. Kate Bingham seems to be incredibly able (read a couple of pieces about her and got very jealous!)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Vaccine on 14:02 - Apr 14 with 1229 viewsTrequartista

Your stats are out of date we’ve since surged ahead of nearly all European countries on second doses and because efficacy is already so high after one dose our policy of waiting up to 12 weeks has been proven very successful.

I am in agreement with you over your criticisms of locking down to late.

Important to take each issue on its own merits rather than just blaming the political party you don’t happen to like for everything

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Vaccine on 14:03 - Apr 14 with 1218 viewsghostofescobar

The NHS have done a hugely impressive job, not the Government. When the private sector has got involved (track & trace), a disaster. The Government does deserve credit for "spread betting" and ordering early on the actual vaccines though.

GhostOfEscobar

Actually.... on 14:13 - Apr 14 with 1193 viewsBloots

....11.6% of the UK population has received 2 doses, not 0.8%

More than Denmark and France.

Only Serbia have fully vaccinated more people in Europe and only Israel, Chile, Bahrain and The US worldwide.

Apart from that.....

Vaccine on 14:21 - Apr 14 with 1187 viewswaveneyblue

Must be gutting for people like you, when you can't actually blame the Government for something, so you go back to something else.

Before you ask, I am definitely not a Tory in fact I have very little political interest, but it does make me smile how obsessed some people are with getting their anti-government stance across
This particular character does tend to..... on 14:25 - Apr 14 with 1172 viewsBloots

Vaccine on 14:21 - Apr 14 by waveneyblue

Must be gutting for people like you, when you can't actually blame the Government for something, so you go back to something else.

Before you ask, I am definitely not a Tory in fact I have very little political interest, but it does make me smile how obsessed some people are with getting their anti-government stance across

...just spout falsehoods as if they are facts!

He also just ignores you if you offer any actual facts as an opposition to his ramblings.

He'll be telling us that we've got the worst covid death rate in the world next.

Vaccine on 14:38 - Apr 14 with 1134 viewsTonytown

Or better still try not to be a cunit.
Vaccine on 16:18 - Apr 14 with 1044 viewsEdwardStone

Vaccine on 13:32 - Apr 14 by factual_blue

That's because all the decision-making around delivering vaccines has been made way, way below the political level.

By People Who Actually Know What They're Doing. Public Servants in other words.

Once the no-brainer about 'do we vaccinate people?' was made, the politicians haven't been involved.

boris really can't claim any credit for the success of the vaccination programme.

He can't claim credit....he shouldn't claim credit and he should be challenged every time he tries to claim credit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024