Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? 12:01 - Jun 4 with 2303 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Maybe I'm just being old fashioned, but it always gave a little bit more frisson to a new signing when they announced the fee.

Wes Burns signs from Fleetwood for £800,000 etc...

The price tag was always something more to discuss.

I wonder what he actually cost? I have no idea.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 2262 viewssaffers12

The fee usually gets out at some point but do agree with your point
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 2262 viewshomer_123

No, it's a good thing.

Price tags generally mean unrealistic expectations, that works both ways.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 2251 viewstextbackup

i'd rather not know so people don't either hype them up, or moan they are free so therefore must be sht.....

without considering all out decent frees Vs Kayden £1.2m jackson

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:04 - Jun 4 with 2241 viewsfooters

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 by homer_123

No, it's a good thing.

This. I don't know why most deals aren't undisclosed. But why disclose anyway if you don't have to?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:04 - Jun 4 with 2238 viewsParky

£400k would be my guess, with only 1 year left on his deal.
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:05 - Jun 4 with 2225 viewsWeirdFishes

It would be nice to know but you can see why they wouldn't disclose it, would likely make other clubs ask for more money if they know we're splashing out decent fees.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:06 - Jun 4 with 2215 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 by textbackup

i'd rather not know so people don't either hype them up, or moan they are free so therefore must be sht.....

Although the flipside of that with Jackson is that allows us as fans to hold the club/manager accountable.

That amount of money for Jackson was criminal and warrants criticism. (No lame smooth criminal pun intended).

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:07 - Jun 4 with 2179 viewsmarchy

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 by textbackup

Not to make the whole thing worse, but pretty sure Jackson was £1.6m.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:08 - Jun 4 with 2168 viewschrismakin

In our case, Undisclosed is quite helpful as other clubs won't have public knowledge of how much our new owners are spending.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:08 - Jun 4 with 2167 viewsSparky85

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:03 - Jun 4 by homer_123

No, it's a good thing.

Agreed. Doesn't let other clubs know how much we are spending. This could be critical in our new position of actually having something to spend
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:09 - Jun 4 with 2161 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Knowing the prices of Nolan/Nsiala and Jackson has not done them or us any favours. Probably better it's kept quiet

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:09 - Jun 4 with 2160 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:05 - Jun 4 by WeirdFishes

It would be nice to know but you can see why they wouldn't disclose it, would likely make other clubs ask for more money if they know we're splashing out decent fees.

Yeah, totally get the 'business' reason for it. Just looking at it purely from the drama of the event fan's perspective kind of thing.

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:10 - Jun 4 with 2134 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Its helpful for us as other clubs won't know what we are spending so can't mess us about
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:11 - Jun 4 with 2134 viewsBluefish

Those firefighters in Arizona probably don't want to see their money burning especially when they are used to putting flames out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

[Redacted] on 12:12 - Jun 4 with 2117 viewsvictorywilhappen

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 12:11 - Jun 4 by Bluefish

Those firefighters in Arizona probably don't want to see their money burning especially when they are used to putting flames out

[Redacted]
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 1953 viewsSharkey

Personally, I'd like salaries to be in the public domain (as they are in Sweden, for example). Heck, I'd print them on the back of the match-day programme. It would keep the players honest, as they say, and let the fans make informed decisions about whom to slag off!
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:27 - Jun 4 with 1846 viewsitfcjoe

I think there should be a lot more transparency in football finance - would help eliminate bad practice (and dodgy practice)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:30 - Jun 4 with 1813 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think I’m old fashioned too, as I couldn’t care less about what players earn or how much they cost. I’m more interested in whether they’re any good at football, crazy as that sounds.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 1756 viewsSaigonTractor

While it's definitely frustrating for us fans, I get it. If other clubs know what we paid then they could suddenly demand more for their players.
Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:41 - Jun 4 with 1748 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:30 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

I think I’m old fashioned too, as I couldn’t care less about what players earn or how much they cost. I’m more interested in whether they’re any good at football, crazy as that sounds.

Obviously, that is the key factor in any signing.

What I was talking about was that I find the cost of the player adds to the excitement and anticipation of seeing them play.

But then, perhaps that comes from a time when you couldn't just go on youtube to watch a new player's highlights reel. You might know them by reputation or maybe if your club played them you'd seen them once or twice. But as I'm harking back to a time when there was comparatively little football on TV and there was no internet, ANYTHING like what your club was prepared to pay for them built up the excitement of seeing them play.

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 14:52 - Jun 4 with 1572 viewsSharkey

Anyone else hate 'undisclosed fees'? on 13:30 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

Does sound a bit crazy to me. If you paid someone five quid to tune your piano, or paid someone five hundred quid, wouldn't you be more upset if it wasn't properly tuned for five hundred?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024