Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook and Richardson fall out? 10:10 - Jun 20 with 7212 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 10:23 - Jun 20 with 4652 viewsMoriarty

You have no apparent objection to the assertion that our manager was sharing plans with a rival (however speculative your assertion might be).

I wish I had your brains. But just for a day.

fka omuircheartaigh

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 10:48 - Jun 20 with 4486 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Likely?!

WTF are you on?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:00 - Jun 20 with 4417 viewspointofblue

Where did the mention as fact that there is tension between Cook and Richardson? I heard them joke about it’s probably the case because our targets are similar but never stated it as fact.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:12 - Jun 20 with 4369 viewsKeaneish

The last report was that ‘he wished his mate all the best in Wigan’s relegation fight’. Any parallel other than is completely speculative.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:31 - Jun 20 with 4237 viewsGiroJim

We dont need to worry about LR or Wigan. We need to worry about getting some players on board. Training starts next Saturday and we have 2 signings and about 20 players returning who have been told they can leave. Not sure how much Cook and his mates are going to get out of them. Just enough to get their wages whilst they snigger behind his back probably.
Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:46 - Jun 20 with 4147 viewsbluejacko

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:31 - Jun 20 by GiroJim

We dont need to worry about LR or Wigan. We need to worry about getting some players on board. Training starts next Saturday and we have 2 signings and about 20 players returning who have been told they can leave. Not sure how much Cook and his mates are going to get out of them. Just enough to get their wages whilst they snigger behind his back probably.

Your snigger remark shows exactly why some of these players have to go.
All this hand wringing about players coming in is just nonsense,IF Evans was still in change it would be a cause for concern but now we actually have professional people doing the work.
Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:55 - Jun 20 with 4107 viewsGiroJim

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:46 - Jun 20 by bluejacko

Your snigger remark shows exactly why some of these players have to go.
All this hand wringing about players coming in is just nonsense,IF Evans was still in change it would be a cause for concern but now we actually have professional people doing the work.

They may be doing the work, but not a lot is happening. Ashton said we were in for 3,4 maybe 5 a week or more ago. Nothing seems to have happened there. Think they are struggling with their plan of getting better players in from the Championship or the better players from this league. With training starting next Saturday Cook wanted players in early to work with. Doesnt look like happening. Instead he has about 20 returning who were told to go find a new club. Not sure they will be trying too hard. Just enough to get their wages.
Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:00 - Jun 20 with 4066 viewspositivity

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:55 - Jun 20 by GiroJim

They may be doing the work, but not a lot is happening. Ashton said we were in for 3,4 maybe 5 a week or more ago. Nothing seems to have happened there. Think they are struggling with their plan of getting better players in from the Championship or the better players from this league. With training starting next Saturday Cook wanted players in early to work with. Doesnt look like happening. Instead he has about 20 returning who were told to go find a new club. Not sure they will be trying too hard. Just enough to get their wages.

if they want to stay at the club, they'll be working flat out to change cook's mind, as dob's attitude seems to bear out.

those who're not trying too hard will be out, and rightly so

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:04 - Jun 20 with 4027 viewsHarry_Palmer

This post is almost entirely a figment of your imagination isn't it?
Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:57 - Jun 20 with 3842 viewsCokeIsKey

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:04 - Jun 20 by Harry_Palmer

It’s not - Stuart Watson said things were a bit frosty between the pair when they met for an U23’s match after Richardson signed the Wigan deal. Not sure why people on here are so eager to put others down.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:21 - Jun 20 with 3705 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:57 - Jun 20 by CokeIsKey

It’s not - Stuart Watson said things were a bit frosty between the pair when they met for an U23’s match after Richardson signed the Wigan deal. Not sure why people on here are so eager to put others down.

Where does "it’s likely that Cook was sharing his plans for players etc with him" come from then? That's the bit people are putting down the OP for.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 3680 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:55 - Jun 20 by GiroJim

"They may be doing the work, but not a lot is happening."

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. The Harper deal is done, for example - just not announced yet due to West Brom not having a manager.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:34 - Jun 20 with 3618 viewschrismakin

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:25 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

"They may be doing the work, but not a lot is happening."

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. The Harper deal is done, for example - just not announced yet due to West Brom not having a manager.

I was talking with my son about this as be asked I thought we had business done but barely announced.

My main reason.. if we have indeed signed 3 or 4 players with fees involved... whilst I appreciate announcing may help with ST sales and feel good factor... wouldnt it be counter productive to our negotiations with clubs if they knew who else we had got and the sort of funds we are using. I know I'd rather keep things quiet and PC did say we go about our business quietly.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:34 - Jun 20 with 3628 viewsitfcjoe

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:57 - Jun 20 by CokeIsKey

Yep, it’s so weird - Phil Ham, Stuart Watson and Andy Warren are all saying things of a similar line and because people can’t be bothered to find this info out for themselves by listening to pods and reading they just become incredibly rude about what are 3 trusted and good local journos.

The insight given by the guys on KoA and Phil on recent Blue Monday appearances has been very, very interesting - there’s clearly a lot going on but lots still to do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:37 - Jun 20 with 3591 viewschrismakin

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:21 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Where does "it’s likely that Cook was sharing his plans for players etc with him" come from then? That's the bit people are putting down the OP for.

You would imagine tho 2 close friends potentially working together sharing ideas on who to go for in the summer.

The plans changed of course but I dont think its wrong to assume those sorts of chats would have taken place.

I still think our market is different to Wigans however.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:40 - Jun 20 with 3565 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:00 - Jun 20 by pointofblue

Where did the mention as fact that there is tension between Cook and Richardson? I heard them joke about it’s probably the case because our targets are similar but never stated it as fact.

[content removed at owner's request]

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:41 - Jun 20 with 3560 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 11:12 - Jun 20 by Keaneish

The last report was that ‘he wished his mate all the best in Wigan’s relegation fight’. Any parallel other than is completely speculative.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:43 - Jun 20 with 3547 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 10:48 - Jun 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Likely?!

WTF are you on?

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 3534 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 10:23 - Jun 20 by Moriarty

You have no apparent objection to the assertion that our manager was sharing plans with a rival (however speculative your assertion might be).

I wish I had your brains. But just for a day.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 3524 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 12:04 - Jun 20 by Harry_Palmer

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:46 - Jun 20 with 3495 viewsBryanPlug

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:34 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

Yep, it’s so weird - Phil Ham, Stuart Watson and Andy Warren are all saying things of a similar line and because people can’t be bothered to find this info out for themselves by listening to pods and reading they just become incredibly rude about what are 3 trusted and good local journos.

The insight given by the guys on KoA and Phil on recent Blue Monday appearances has been very, very interesting - there’s clearly a lot going on but lots still to do

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:53 - Jun 20 with 3417 viewsSpruceMoose

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:46 - Jun 20 by BryanPlug

Nice to see that you decided to edit out the part where you called people 'd1cks', seeing as you made so much fuss about people being abusive on here!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 14:14 - Jun 20 with 3314 viewsHarry_Palmer

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:46 - Jun 20 by BryanPlug

Why would Cook have been discussing his Summer transfer plans with Richardson? Even before he got the gig full time he was still managing a rival club, it makes no sense that Cook would have been discussing ITFC Summer transfer targets even if they were in regular contact.

That he now has the job full time means that of course their relationship will change, they are now competing against each other for promotion out of the same division. We also took one of their best players and they took Edwards off us ( no great loss ), If people want to label it 'frosty' then fine, but it's hardly a surprise that things will have changed between them.

Chill out a bit and stop worrying about things that are really no big deal, i'm sure this time next week we will have a couple more signings through the door and things will look a lot more positive.
Cook and Richardson fall out? on 14:16 - Jun 20 with 3297 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:34 - Jun 20 by chrismakin

I was talking with my son about this as be asked I thought we had business done but barely announced.

My main reason.. if we have indeed signed 3 or 4 players with fees involved... whilst I appreciate announcing may help with ST sales and feel good factor... wouldnt it be counter productive to our negotiations with clubs if they knew who else we had got and the sort of funds we are using. I know I'd rather keep things quiet and PC did say we go about our business quietly.

I'm not sure we're deliberately holding back for that reason - Phil seemed sure that Harper is done on the latest BM/TWTD mashup chat, and it's being held back by West Brom.

If anything, showing we've bought 3 or 4 would probably help negotiations - in terms of showing players that other decent players are coming here... plus we have less places to fill, so other selling clubs will see us as less desperate.

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 14:18 - Jun 20 with 3272 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook and Richardson fall out? on 13:34 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

I don't think people are disputing the frostiness... they're disputing that Cook will have shared his transfer targets with Richardson. I don't think you guys, Phil or KOA have suggested that have they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024