Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunting Hitler 10:42 - Jul 9 with 2647 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Something a bit different to the talk and excitement about Engurland

But ‘Hunting Hitler’ On Amazon Prime.. anyone watched it / watching it?

I’ve got to say it is absolutely fascinating TV. As a bit of context it’s off the back of declassified files in 2014 showing the FBI had multiple open investigations into the whereabouts of Hitler long after the war. Sightings, testimonies etc. and a team have been piecing them together to see their credibility.

They also get access to declassified MI6, Stasi etc. files which corroborate a lot of the leads.

Like I say absolutely fascinating stuff and certainly a lot to ponder 🤔
Hunting Hitler on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 2022 viewsKeno

I always thought he was playing keyboard in this lot

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hunting Hitler on 10:46 - Jul 9 with 2012 viewsEwan_Oozami

Hunting Hitler on 10:45 - Jul 9 by Keno

Top tune!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Hunting Hitler on 10:46 - Jul 9 with 2006 viewschicoazul

Isn’t this the Tim Kennedy thing? He’s an amazing self publicist.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hunting Hitler on 10:50 - Jul 9 with 1998 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst it's no doubt entertaining TV it's been totally debunked and is part of the History channels push for "infotainment".

The house in the jungle is quite fascinating though, it's certainly likely that some high level Nazi was there, it's just incredibly unlikely (seemingly impossible) that it was Hitler. Argentina at that time was a Nazi paradise.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 10:51]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Hunting Hitler on 10:52 - Jul 9 with 1973 viewsfooters

Hunting Hitler on 10:50 - Jul 9 by StokieBlue

Whilst it's no doubt entertaining TV it's been totally debunked and is part of the History channels push for "infotainment".

The house in the jungle is quite fascinating though, it's certainly likely that some high level Nazi was there, it's just incredibly unlikely (seemingly impossible) that it was Hitler. Argentina at that time was a Nazi paradise.

SB

A bit like this, you mean?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hunting Hitler on 11:34 - Jul 9 with 1902 viewsGuthrum

SB

Looking at Hitler's personality (and his obsession with Götterdämmerung), I can't see how he would have managed to remain in complete obscurity - hiding, even - for so many years after the end of the War, any more than Trump has just faded into the background. After all, no reliable trace of him surviving has ever been found, despite a lot of people looking. None of the other top nazis managed to disappear so thoroughly (even Bormann's remains were eventually found).

Moreover, given the state of his health in 1945, I doubt he would have lived long without very good medical care, anyway.

Personally, I'm 100% convinced that he died in the Berlin Führerbunker, most probably through suicide, on or around 30th April 1945.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hunting Hitler on 11:36 - Jul 9 with 1889 viewshoppy

Hunting Hitler on 10:45 - Jul 9 by Keno

Evidence?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hunting Hitler on 11:41 - Jul 9 with 1877 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Hunting Hitler on 11:34 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

Looking at Hitler's personality (and his obsession with Götterdämmerung), I can't see how he would have managed to remain in complete obscurity - hiding, even - for so many years after the end of the War, any more than Trump has just faded into the background. After all, no reliable trace of him surviving has ever been found, despite a lot of people looking. None of the other top nazis managed to disappear so thoroughly (even Bormann's remains were eventually found).

Moreover, given the state of his health in 1945, I doubt he would have lived long without very good medical care, anyway.

Personally, I'm 100% convinced that he died in the Berlin Führerbunker, most probably through suicide, on or around 30th April 1945.

I do agree with the thrust of your post, but they have categorically confirmed that the only remains found in the Fuhrerbunker (that we’re believed to be Hitler’s) were in fact of a women. Moreover the story is that both He and Eva Braun took poison then he shot himself. The remains show a bullet wound but are obviously of a female. There are also no accounts from German or Soviet troops identifying that the body wrapped in a carpet was Hitler.

I agree that the chances of his escape and secret life after the war is incredibly unlikely, but there are so many unknowns and assumptions that it does beg the question of if it was possible..
Login to get fewer ads

Hunting Hitler on 11:43 - Jul 9 with 1871 viewsfactual_blue

SB

See also Alan Coren's Golfing For Cats

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hunting Hitler on 11:44 - Jul 9 with 1863 viewsKeno

Hunting Hitler on 11:36 - Jul 9 by hoppy

Evidence?

!!

Hunting Hitler on 11:45 - Jul 9 with 1860 viewsStokieBlue

Hunting Hitler on 11:41 - Jul 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I do agree with the thrust of your post, but they have categorically confirmed that the only remains found in the Fuhrerbunker (that we’re believed to be Hitler’s) were in fact of a women. Moreover the story is that both He and Eva Braun took poison then he shot himself. The remains show a bullet wound but are obviously of a female. There are also no accounts from German or Soviet troops identifying that the body wrapped in a carpet was Hitler.

I agree that the chances of his escape and secret life after the war is incredibly unlikely, but there are so many unknowns and assumptions that it does beg the question of if it was possible..

Once again, it's the History channel taking a few liberties with the facts in order to make a premise for a show. If they had just concentrated on high-level Nazi's in Argentina rather than Hitler it would have been more likely to have some truth in it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hitlers-teeth-confirm-he-died-1945-180

It's possible he somehow made it there but incredibly unlikely given all the evidence to the contrary. There were certainly some very high level Nazi's living it out in Argentina though.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 11:46]

Hunting Hitler on 11:47 - Jul 9 with 1850 viewsMattinLondon

Hunting Hitler on 11:34 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

Didn’t Müller (head of the gestapo??) simply disappear?
Hunting Hitler on 11:58 - Jul 9 with 1827 viewshype313

Hunting Hitler on 11:47 - Jul 9 by MattinLondon

Only to reappear last week and miss a sitter.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hunting Hitler on 11:59 - Jul 9 with 1823 viewsEwan_Oozami

Hunting Hitler on 11:43 - Jul 9 by factual_blue

See also Alan Coren's Golfing For Cats

Love Alan Coren's writings - though I doubt the "Collected Bulletins of Idi Amin" would get published in their original form nowadays!

Hunting Hitler on 12:01 - Jul 9 with 1815 viewsleitrimblue

I believe he later reinvented himself as a purveyor of fine yogurts?
Hunting Hitler on 12:03 - Jul 9 with 1808 viewsEwan_Oozami

Himmler - arrested by the British - committed suicide late May 45

Hunting Hitler on 12:06 - Jul 9 with 1795 viewsFenland_Blue

Watched a few, but found it not very credible.

Lots of assumptions and without much evidence.

A couple of podcasts on the subject from the excellent Howard Hughes show-

https://theunexplained.tv/episodes/edition-184-sharkhunters

https://theunexplained.tv/episodes/edition-435-gerrard-williams

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Hunting Hitler on 12:17 - Jul 9 with 1753 viewsleitrimblue

Hunting Hitler on 11:45 - Jul 9 by StokieBlue

Once again, it's the History channel taking a few liberties with the facts in order to make a premise for a show. If they had just concentrated on high-level Nazi's in Argentina rather than Hitler it would have been more likely to have some truth in it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hitlers-teeth-confirm-he-died-1945-180

It's possible he somehow made it there but incredibly unlikely given all the evidence to the contrary. There were certainly some very high level Nazi's living it out in Argentina though.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 11:46]

That article from Smithsonian is almost as bad as the history channel. Any pathologist/osteoarchaeologist who on analysing fragments of 70 year old plus teeth suggests that 'not finding any meat in the teeth as proof of the vegetarian Hitler' is perhaps not as good at there job as the Smithsonian would have us believe.
Hunting Hitler on 12:20 - Jul 9 with 1744 viewsGuthrum

Hunting Hitler on 11:41 - Jul 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That is only one of the fragments which was recovered. There was also part of a jawbone and teeth, which was examined by the Soviets (also more recently, by other researchers) and concluded that they did belong to Hitler based on dental records.

It would also be necessary to discard the statements of surviving witnesses as to the circumstances and manner of Hitler's death. Maintained long after he would certainly have been dead of old age and any reason to keep things secret was gone.

From their actions, neither Goering nor Himmler were evidently aware of any escape plan, the same with Dönitz. It also begs a question why Bormann and Goebbels did not accompany Hitler, or were smuggled out by the same route (particularly the former), if he was, indeed, able to flee. Hanna Reitsch tried to persuade Hitler to leave with her by 'plane in the last days of the Siege of Berlin - he refused.

Hunting Hitler on 12:22 - Jul 9 with 1731 viewsMattinLondon

Hunting Hitler on 11:58 - Jul 9 by hype313

Similar ages I guess.
Hunting Hitler on 12:23 - Jul 9 with 1718 viewsStokieBlue

Hunting Hitler on 12:17 - Jul 9 by leitrimblue

That article from Smithsonian is almost as bad as the history channel. Any pathologist/osteoarchaeologist who on analysing fragments of 70 year old plus teeth suggests that 'not finding any meat in the teeth as proof of the vegetarian Hitler' is perhaps not as good at there job as the Smithsonian would have us believe.

It's not perfect but the dental records evidence certainly lends creditability to the fact he didn't escape.

As I said, it would be much better if they focused on high level Nazi's who almost certainly did escape to and live in Argentina but I guess that doesn't draw in so many people to watch.

SB

Hunting Hitler on 12:31 - Jul 9 with 1684 viewsKeno

Hunting Hitler on 11:58 - Jul 9 by hype313

are you suggesting there is a link between a well know poster and high level nazi's?

Hunting Hitler on 12:31 - Jul 9 with 1684 viewsleitrimblue

Hunting Hitler on 12:23 - Jul 9 by StokieBlue

It's not perfect but the dental records evidence certainly lends creditability to the fact he didn't escape.

As I said, it would be much better if they focused on high level Nazi's who almost certainly did escape to and live in Argentina but I guess that doesn't draw in so many people to watch.

SB

Your definitely correct about how the program would have more integrity if it focused purely on Nazis who probably did escape to South America.
I think the other comments made by that pathologist/osteoarchaeologist bring anything else they say into serious doubt. If I received an osteo report saying that I would instantly bin it and get a 2nd opinion.
Hunting Hitler on 12:32 - Jul 9 with 1683 viewsBarcaBlue

Hunting Hitler on 12:20 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

That is only one of the fragments which was recovered. There was also part of a jawbone and teeth, which was examined by the Soviets (also more recently, by other researchers) and concluded that they did belong to Hitler based on dental records.

It would also be necessary to discard the statements of surviving witnesses as to the circumstances and manner of Hitler's death. Maintained long after he would certainly have been dead of old age and any reason to keep things secret was gone.

From their actions, neither Goering nor Himmler were evidently aware of any escape plan, the same with Dönitz. It also begs a question why Bormann and Goebbels did not accompany Hitler, or were smuggled out by the same route (particularly the former), if he was, indeed, able to flee. Hanna Reitsch tried to persuade Hitler to leave with her by 'plane in the last days of the Siege of Berlin - he refused.

Wasn't there a rumour going around in the 1970's that Bormann was working on a farm in Suffolk? Does anyone remember that or maybe I read it in the Daily Mail / Suffolk Gazette at the time.
Hunting Hitler on 12:44 - Jul 9 with 1641 viewsGuthrum

Müller was far from being such a prominent figurehead as Himmler, Goering and the like, let alone Hitler himself.

He was last reliably heard of in Berlin in 1945, thus there is a strong likelihood he died in the fall of the city the following day (or committed suicide, as many of the trapped senior nazis did). There were a lot of dead bodies in Berlin, most of whom were never formally identified. He may not have been wearing his own uniform or carrying correct identity papers if trying to escape. Neither the Americans nor the Soviets appear to have known anything of his whereabouts after that date. There are just vague, unsubstantiated rumours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024