Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich 17:30 - Sep 11 with 3317 viewsunstableblue

He’s seen most of our games

His view is simple …. This is psychological now, this is team confidence - his question is whether Cook has the right temperament and character to nurse the players into the right mind set. Or will he throw his toys around similar to the end of last season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:31 - Sep 11 with 3248 viewsJ2BLUE

Why is a neutral watching most Ipswich games?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:32 - Sep 11 with 3208 viewsRyorry

As I said on another thread though, is it possible for players who've lost confidence under a manager, actually regain it under the same manager without any other material changes?

Do we have a sports psychologist in the house?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:33 - Sep 11 with 3192 viewshomer_123

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:31 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

Turns out he's being going to watch Colchester.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 3159 viewsGarv

Agree. Cook won't go after the players though, he's not that stupid.

Eerily similar to the Hurst era in terms of the lack of wins and psychological block.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 3138 viewsGuthrum

But there is so little continuity from the team last season, how come lack of confidence issues have carried across?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 3127 viewshomer_123

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:32 - Sep 11 by Ryorry

As I said on another thread though, is it possible for players who've lost confidence under a manager, actually regain it under the same manager without any other material changes?

Do we have a sports psychologist in the house?

Can we just get some competent coaches in first?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:38 - Sep 11 with 3027 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:31 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

What a stupid post, really

Family member, big football fan, lives local, supports northern team, but wants to watch live football

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:38 - Sep 11 with 3015 viewsRyorry

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:34 - Sep 11 by homer_123

Can we just get some competent coaches in first?

That would be a material change.

But as others have said in different threads, nobody can force Cook to bring in an/other coach/es.

Login to get fewer ads

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:39 - Sep 11 with 2971 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:38 - Sep 11 by unstableblue

Family member, big football fan, lives local, supports northern team, but wants to watch live football

Think that’s harsh mate. Seemed a fair question and I thought the same when I read it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:43 - Sep 11 with 2868 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really? Is it not just a case of being well set up and everyone delivering the game plan? You may be right, but we’ve heard all this talk about confidence before. Sometimes it’s just a case of not getting it right. (I’m playing devil’s advocate as I don’t know the answer).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:44 - Sep 11 with 2849 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:38 - Sep 11 by unstableblue

I was only asking out of curiosity. I wasn't implying they shouldn't be there.

Truly impaired.

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:48 - Sep 11 with 2742 viewsurbanblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:34 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

But there is so little continuity from the team last season, how come lack of confidence issues have carried across?

I don't think it's confidence as such. On an individual basis these are good players at this level, who probably thought they were bought here to be part of operation walk the league.

Now, they are realising they have to be a part of a team and it's not just a matter of being better players. They seem surprised themselves at what's happening. Cook and the coaching team have to sort this out pretty damn quick.
Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:49 - Sep 11 with 2701 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:43 - Sep 11 by Swansea_Blue

Really? Is it not just a case of being well set up and everyone delivering the game plan? You may be right, but we’ve heard all this talk about confidence before. Sometimes it’s just a case of not getting it right. (I’m playing devil’s advocate as I don’t know the answer).

As I’ve been boring everyone with this, but we’ll be better by three factors:

Better players - we have that
Desire, energy and head space to want it more - this is where our confidence is shot to pieces
System and technical set-up - this is where I’m getting concerned with cool; Bolton had a system and shape today that exploited us

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:52 - Sep 11 with 2585 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:44 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I was only asking out of curiosity. I wasn't implying they shouldn't be there.

Apologies J2 got wrong end of stick

Upset after today

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:55 - Sep 11 with 2479 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:52 - Sep 11 by unstableblue

Apologies J2 got wrong end of stick

Upset after today

No problem.

We all are. The false hope just kills you doesn't it?

Truly impaired.

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:59 - Sep 11 with 2402 viewsDarth_Koont

I think there’s some truth in that.

But equally I think we have an attacking front 4 who are leaving a lot of work and space to cover for Harper and Evans who are looking overwhelmed. And who in any case aren’t really defensive players who stop attacks.

That openness in the middle of the pitch then translates to a back 4 covering in too many directions and being pulled out of position/leaving gaps as a result.

We need to get more solid as a team and I think we’ll build the confidence after that. So it’s more Cook’s tactical approach that’s needed even if he also needs to be a good man-manager right now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 2339 viewsRyorry

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:59 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

But equally I think we have an attacking front 4 who are leaving a lot of work and space to cover for Harper and Evans who are looking overwhelmed. And who in any case aren’t really defensive players who stop attacks.

That openness in the middle of the pitch then translates to a back 4 covering in too many directions and being pulled out of position/leaving gaps as a result.

We need to get more solid as a team and I think we’ll build the confidence after that. So it’s more Cook’s tactical approach that’s needed even if he also needs to be a good man-manager right now.

Good to see a balanced analysis, thank you 👍

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 18:15 - Sep 11 with 2161 viewsRomeo4

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:59 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

That’s an excellent summary of what is wrong with us at the moment. The room in behind our front 4 is alarming. The opposing deep lying midfielder is afforded too much space and is allowed to dictate play. The opposition run onto us with so much momentum from deep that Harper and Evans get overwhelmed and their shield is rendered ineffective.

Not sure if it’s shape or personnel. Probably a combination of the two. He might not be the silver bullet we’re hoping for but Morsy will certainly help. He’ll be more effective at spoiling opposition’s attacks and will hopefully drive up standards with his attitude.

More patience is required. Although that is becoming increasingly difficult!
Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 1894 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Edited due to unnecessarily tw@ttishness.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 22:55]
Good man (n/t) on 19:00 - Sep 11 with 1877 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 18:58 - Sep 11 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Edited due to unnecessarily tw@ttishness.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 22:55]

[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 22:47]

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 19:04 - Sep 11 with 1826 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 17:55 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

No problem.

We all are. The false hope just kills you doesn't it?

It really does kill you J2, I’m really losing the faith

And I was thinking I was being over sensitive with your post and then you see some massive d!ck at the top of this post, posting b@ll@x

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 19:31 - Sep 11 with 1664 viewsbrushhand

why would you lose confidence by going 1-0 up?
Good point on 21:40 - Sep 11 with 1305 viewsunstableblue

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 19:31 - Sep 11 by brushhand

why would you lose confidence by going 1-0 up?

You’d think that scoring first would settle the team

But we are a mess confidence wise - glass jaw

Reason I mentioned neutral comment in car on way home was simply to get us out of this if going to take a mind set change… period.. not just gelling in these new players and Cook finally pricing he had a system that works
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 21:43]

Thought from a neutral I went with on today and Ipswich on 21:48 - Sep 11 with 1241 viewsunstableblue

Tactically and technically Bolton were better than us today without a doubt

Agree Dart some of the space between deep midefield and defence was completely unacceptable

And needs sorting

Some of that is training and technical drill… but it’s also the Harper and Evans and so many more players WANTING it and not being inside their shells

They were both paying at 50% today…. That’s psychological… and I’m afraid it’s spreading to the rest of the team

Cook need to set them up tactically and mentally

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024