Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC Feeling the Heat 18:05 - Sep 11 with 2904 viewsSkip_Intro

PC feeling the pressure... (from the EADT)

SKY SPORTS

Q: After a dream start, that ended in a nightmare. How would you sum that up?

A: I think you’ve just summed it up perfectly. It’s probably one of the toughest days I’ve had in management. It was a really difficult day.

To watch your team, again, take the lead, start brightly, look good, get the crowd on our side, even equalise, then all of a sudden we just give goals away. That’s something we have to eradicate.

There’ll be no criticisms towards the players from me. None. I out the team on the pitch.

This is a very proud club and that was a not very proud performance.
Most Read

We can hide behind three lads making their debuts, or whatever, but there are two ways you play football... One, with the ball, and one without.

We are quite okay with the ball, we still score goals and we’ve missed a couple of chances. But without the ball we are a million miles away from where we need to be as a team. That’s something we have to eradicate and eradicate quickly.

Q: How are you going to eradicate it?

A: By not talking to you much. By not trying to talk nonsense to our supporters who watched the same game as me. By a desire and willingness to work. By having a hunger and an aggression in our play — something that we sadly lack at the minute. It’s something that we must find.

Q: As Ipswich manager you’ve had four wins from 23 games. And you’ve had big success before that. What do you put that down to?

A: Which one, the four wins or the big success?

Q: Well, the big success... both really.

A: Having good players. We’ve got good players now.

I don’t think it’s fair to throw the record from last season in with this season, if I;m truthful, because you’re talking about two different squads.

I accept criticism. I am not a lad wo will ever hide behind anything other than the games that you see.

But I think it’s a bit unfair to throw last year’s results in there when we’ve changed 19/20 players.

I think we’ve recruited very well, we are strong. Everyone looks at us as favourites. But we’re not playing like a team that will be promoted, we’re not playing like a team.

At the minute we show individual qualities but not collective ones.

So we’ll go away and work very hard to be better.

Q: Do you think the fact you are the big club in this league is putting pressure on the players?

A: I respect your job, but how many negative questions do you want to ask me?

There are massive clubs in this league. Bolton Wanderers are a massive football club! Sunderland! Portsmouth! How many do you want?

We’ll concentrate on ourselves. The most important thing is Ipswich Town Football Club. Today, we’ve let our fans down.

You can’t manage and play for a club like this, have performances like that, and speak about acceptance. It’s not acceptable.

But there are only so many negative adjectives you can use. It’s now about how we go away and respond. That’s the biggest test of anybody’s character.

Q: Do you think it’s in the coaching?

A: Come on mate!

Q: It’s a fair question.

A: I've answered your questions and I respect you’re doing your job, but you’re just asking negative one after negative one.

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:07 - Sep 11 with 2591 viewspointofblue

Aww bless, Paul, how dare anyone be negative after that eh?

Grow up or sod off.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:08 - Sep 11 with 2563 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"We can hide behind three lads making their debuts, or whatever..."

He chose to make those changes!!

"I respect your job, but how many negative questions do you want to ask me?"

Straight out of the Paul Lambert text book.

Negative performances will bring negative questions.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 18:10]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:09 - Sep 11 with 2539 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I read that.

Aren't they some of the stock answers that Lambert started trotting out? Especially stop asking me negative questions.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:10 - Sep 11 with 2481 viewsN2_Blue

I used to like his comments but he’s getting repetitive now.

He is also clearly rattled. He needs to look himself. I wanted him to be successful but I have almost no hope whatsoever for him coming good here now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 2415 viewsBiGDonnie

Seems like fair questions to me!

Cook out.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:12 - Sep 11 with 2381 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Honeymoon over.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:16 - Sep 11 with 2265 viewsParky

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:07 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

Aww bless, Paul, how dare anyone be negative after that eh?

Grow up or sod off.

There are 120 points still up for grabs. Whilst I understand and appreciate that people have doubts, if a very successful manager doubted himself and his team after 6 league games, I’d be more concerned.
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 2215 viewsGarv

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:12 - Sep 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Honeymoon over.

What honeymoon?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 2211 viewstractorshark

Amazing he doesn’t feel you can throw in last season’s results.
He slagged off the entire squad last season (wrongly in my opinion) and demotivated pretty much every single player.
Then he changes the entire squad and can’t get a tune out of this lot either.
The irony is his win percentage record is better last season than it is now.
Desperate answers in this interview.
You wouldn’t put money on him being here in October at this rate.
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 2187 viewsHighgateBlue

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:09 - Sep 11 by OriginalMarkyP

I read that.

Aren't they some of the stock answers that Lambert started trotting out? Especially stop asking me negative questions.

Yes, Lambert's press conferences were just as bad.

But his results weren't nearly as bad.

Quite a few on here were saying that things couldn't get any worse than they were under Lambert. Naive, foolish, nonsense. We have no divine right to anything, and if we keep losing, we'll keeping dropping through the divisions. We're third bottom, and the team in 13th has three times as many points as us. Cook has been a disaster from start to finish.
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:20 - Sep 11 with 2124 viewsChurchman

After a good hiding at home and another coming next Saturday, why is Cook querying negative questions? What does he expect? A thank you and a pat on the head?

He talks about hunger and aggression, willingness to work, working off the ball etc. If the players don’t have it in them, he’s whistling in the wind. It’s not going to happen - and they’re his players, he signed them.

I’m not interested in how big other clubs are. Coventry managed it with no ground, tiny Wycombe managed it with ease. It’s all about what you do. If you have good players who play as a team for each other, you don’t care who the opposition are.
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:22 - Sep 11 with 2058 viewsSkip_Intro

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:18 - Sep 11 by HighgateBlue

Yes, Lambert's press conferences were just as bad.

But his results weren't nearly as bad.

Quite a few on here were saying that things couldn't get any worse than they were under Lambert. Naive, foolish, nonsense. We have no divine right to anything, and if we keep losing, we'll keeping dropping through the divisions. We're third bottom, and the team in 13th has three times as many points as us. Cook has been a disaster from start to finish.

I think the big diiference is that PC's record in L1 is unquestionable...not sure how long that buys him though...
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:23 - Sep 11 with 2008 viewsWacko

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:22 - Sep 11 by Skip_Intro

I think the big diiference is that PC's record in L1 is unquestionable...not sure how long that buys him though...

Lambert won promotion from League One

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:25 - Sep 11 with 1966 viewsSkip_Intro

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:23 - Sep 11 by Wacko

Lambert won promotion from League One

PC won it twice...plus success in L2 with Pompey and Chesterfield...although admittedly he didnt win the cHamPiOnS lEaGuE...
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:27 - Sep 11 with 1923 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The past is the past.

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:28 - Sep 11 with 1881 viewsJ2BLUE

It’s probably one of the toughest days I’ve had in management.

He's been in management 15 years and he's said this multiple times since he has been here...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:28 - Sep 11 with 1876 viewsSkip_Intro

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:27 - Sep 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

The past is the past.

great point...so when we appoint our next manager we should just ask him what he thinks his future holds? Brilliant...
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:33 - Sep 11 with 1805 viewsHighgateBlue

His past record was a perfectly sound reason to hire him.
His Town record is a perfectly sounds reason to fire him.

He's had the equivalent of half a season and our results have been dangerously worse than under Lambert.
PC Feeling the Heat on 18:45 - Sep 11 with 1637 viewsGarv

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:09 - Sep 11 by OriginalMarkyP

I read that.

I don't think managers ever say anything constructive or impressive after defeats or long periods of poor form to be honest.

Without really picking apart the performance and probably saying something you regret, perhaps like Cook did last season, there's not a lot you can say.

I think there's enough to criticize about the manager and team's form at the moment, the post match comments don't really need picking apart.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 1535 viewsstonojnr

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:45 - Sep 11 by Garv

I don't think managers ever say anything constructive or impressive after defeats or long periods of poor form to be honest.

Without really picking apart the performance and probably saying something you regret, perhaps like Cook did last season, there's not a lot you can say.

I think there's enough to criticize about the manager and team's form at the moment, the post match comments don't really need picking apart.

They don't but it amazes me how often these managers who have been in the game long enough to have gone round this loop multiple times, really struggle to answer these types of questions in anything other than a prickly way that just makes them look as if they are complete newbies at it.

You've just lost 5-2 at home, haven't won a game all season and your best answer is don't ask me negative questions.
PC Feeling the Heat on 21:22 - Sep 11 with 1260 viewspointofblue

I have no issue with this but to start slagging off the journalists for daring to asking a certain question after a humiliating defeat... no, sorry, he needs to suck it up and accept it.

PC Feeling the Heat on 21:52 - Sep 11 with 1153 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think that it is unfair to compare Lambert's record with Cook's as this is a completely new team. I do think Cook should be getting more from them and am getting a bit nervous about his tactical nous. One match he makes the right changes at the right time the next he does nothing.or makes the wrong or late decision. I wonder what effect a win, any type of win would make. Its something I was just thinking as I watched Mayo looe yet another All Ireland Football Final. Since they last won in 1951 they have lost in 1989, 1996 after a replay, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2016 after a replay, 2017 ,2020 and today. They are habitual losers and you could see that they had accepted their fate well before the end.

Lets hope Cook gets us out of Div one within 70 years!
PC Feeling the Heat on 21:53 - Sep 11 with 1135 viewspointofblue

PC Feeling the Heat on 21:52 - Sep 11 by Eireannach_gorm

I think that it is unfair to compare Lambert's record with Cook's as this is a completely new team. I do think Cook should be getting more from them and am getting a bit nervous about his tactical nous. One match he makes the right changes at the right time the next he does nothing.or makes the wrong or late decision. I wonder what effect a win, any type of win would make. Its something I was just thinking as I watched Mayo looe yet another All Ireland Football Final. Since they last won in 1951 they have lost in 1989, 1996 after a replay, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2016 after a replay, 2017 ,2020 and today. They are habitual losers and you could see that they had accepted their fate well before the end.

Lets hope Cook gets us out of Div one within 70 years!

Let's hope Cook gets us out of Division One IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION within 70 years.

PC Feeling the Heat on 21:57 - Sep 11 with 1093 viewschrismakin

PC Feeling the Heat on 21:22 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

I have no issue with this but to start slagging off the journalists for daring to asking a certain question after a humiliating defeat... no, sorry, he needs to suck it up and accept it.

One bit that puzzled me was when asked what can done about it
" I can stop talking you guys" I don't even know what that means lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

PC Feeling the Heat on 21:58 - Sep 11 with 1088 viewsbackwaywhen

PC Feeling the Heat on 18:20 - Sep 11 by Churchman

After a good hiding at home and another coming next Saturday, why is Cook querying negative questions? What does he expect? A thank you and a pat on the head?

He talks about hunger and aggression, willingness to work, working off the ball etc. If the players don’t have it in them, he’s whistling in the wind. It’s not going to happen - and they’re his players, he signed them.

I’m not interested in how big other clubs are. Coventry managed it with no ground, tiny Wycombe managed it with ease. It’s all about what you do. If you have good players who play as a team for each other, you don’t care who the opposition are.

Bolton proved that today …. Worked hard , had a system and stuck to it , looked way ahead of us , quite fancy them for top 6 after watching today .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024