Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? 22:28 - Sep 14 with 2349 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I thought he did ok.

But I couldn't hand on heart say he looked like any kind of messiah.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 22:31 - Sep 14 with 2305 views44_not_out

‘OK’ is a fair reflection but we need far more than ‘OK’ at the moment
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 22:35 - Sep 14 with 2228 viewsjayessess

The good news is that he probably made more tackles and interceptions in that one match than Evans and Harper have managed in all their matches combined this season. The bad news is that didn't magically make us good as a team.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 22:42 - Sep 14 with 2106 viewsDarth_Koont

He’d be in a more serious team in the league.

But thought he epitomised what we’ve been missing – a player who stops the opposition from building any rhythm.

Looks confident, simple and direct the ball too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 23:09 - Sep 14 with 1972 viewsSmith45

The kind of player he is I don’t think you notice as much as he’s not a “flare” player as such. I genuinely don’t think he have the ball away once today and was so calm on the ball, winning the ball back and so many clever turns in the middle of the park to create space. Much more to come from him I think.
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 10:41 - Sep 15 with 1602 viewsLightworker

Looked the best player on the pitch for me. Didn't give the ball away, played it simple and importantly held his defensive position and made interceptions and tackles. He is not going to single handedly win matches for us but he will definitely help to provide some defensive stability.

The only blot was the two footed tackle near the end for which he was lucky not to recieve a red card imho.

Whether Cook can organise those around him to perform as a unit is the bigger issue, because Morsy can't do it all by himself.
We have already reached the stage where.... on 11:06 - Sep 15 with 1537 viewsBloots

...we are reduced to comparing our players with our other players.

We had this last season where we'd be knocking one out over Andre Dozzell because he played one 25 yard pass per match.

Because nobody else was doing it in our team, fans were lauding him as a genius, when really we should have been comparing our players to those in other teams.

Morsy looked better than our players in that position last night, yes. But he didn't particularly stand out against West Ham's children.

I expect we will see a lot of it this year. Edwards will beat a man and we will all wet ourselves at how brilliant he is, an opposition player will beat 2 men and score and we'll all just say how brilliant Edwards is.

Brilliant for us, but nothing special for anyone else.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

We have already reached the stage where.... on 11:11 - Sep 15 with 1507 viewsDarth_Koont

We have already reached the stage where.... on 11:06 - Sep 15 by Bloots

...we are reduced to comparing our players with our other players.

We had this last season where we'd be knocking one out over Andre Dozzell because he played one 25 yard pass per match.

Because nobody else was doing it in our team, fans were lauding him as a genius, when really we should have been comparing our players to those in other teams.

Morsy looked better than our players in that position last night, yes. But he didn't particularly stand out against West Ham's children.

I expect we will see a lot of it this year. Edwards will beat a man and we will all wet ourselves at how brilliant he is, an opposition player will beat 2 men and score and we'll all just say how brilliant Edwards is.

Brilliant for us, but nothing special for anyone else.

Morsy looks a different player type though – and one we’ve been missing this season and last. Skuse-like off the ball and neat, tidy and constructive on it.

He’s our Graham Kavanagh.

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:16 - Sep 15 with 1482 viewsBloots

We have already reached the stage where.... on 11:11 - Sep 15 by Darth_Koont

Morsy looks a different player type though – and one we’ve been missing this season and last. Skuse-like off the ball and neat, tidy and constructive on it.

He’s our Graham Kavanagh.

....but I guess my point is that in the grand scheme of things is he actually any better than players that do the same role for the opposition.

I don't think he stood out as much as you'd think he should against a team of 18 and 19 year olds.

Being the best player at ITFC isn't much of an accolade.

It's no good being able to beat our own reserves, if we can't beat the opposition.

Login to get fewer ads

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:20 - Sep 15 with 1462 viewsDarth_Koont

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:16 - Sep 15 by Bloots

....but I guess my point is that in the grand scheme of things is he actually any better than players that do the same role for the opposition.

I don't think he stood out as much as you'd think he should against a team of 18 and 19 year olds.

It's no good being able to beat our own reserves, if we can't beat the opposition.

We’ll have to wait and see in the league and presumably when he’s up to match speed.

He certainly fits the shape of that missing piece in the midfield jigsaw – and patrolling that space ahead of the CBs so they don’t get pulled out of position as much as they were on Saturday.

Agreed, although.... on 11:21 - Sep 15 with 1449 viewsBloots

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:20 - Sep 15 by Darth_Koont

We’ll have to wait and see in the league and presumably when he’s up to match speed.

He certainly fits the shape of that missing piece in the midfield jigsaw – and patrolling that space ahead of the CBs so they don’t get pulled out of position as much as they were on Saturday.

...he should be up to match speed now, he's only missed one game.

We'll see I guess.

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:25 - Sep 15 with 1431 viewsPinewoodblue

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:20 - Sep 15 by Darth_Koont

Shame he didn’t get to play with any of the players he is more likely to be playing along side after he has served his suspension.

We would have learnt more.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 11:49 - Sep 15 with 1385 viewsblue62

I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Always wanting the ball, tackling back and controlling the defensive midfield.

Nors looked up for it last night but apart from maybe Carroll and the young Albie the rest were pretty average.

Thought Penny and KVY were very poor. And Holy..... I cant imagine we will ever see him in a Town shirt again.

My first game for ages, which I enjoyed but you knew dam well that we were going to concede at the end.
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 11:51 - Sep 15 with 1379 viewshype313

Industrious, looks like he can be the younger Skuse, obviously he's not a flair player, but we don't need him to be.

Fingers crossed he will shore up our defences and sniff out trouble.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 11:52 - Sep 15 with 1372 viewslegoman

He is awesome and just what the first team needs as we all know. I am beside myself with excitement when thinking about all of these excellent players playing to their best form. COYBs, onwards and upwards.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 12:05 - Sep 15 with 1316 viewsRobTheMonk

Simply put, he should probably be playing in the League above.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 12:05]
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 12:20 - Sep 15 with 1255 viewstimothyeo

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 11:52 - Sep 15 by legoman

He is awesome and just what the first team needs as we all know. I am beside myself with excitement when thinking about all of these excellent players playing to their best form. COYBs, onwards and upwards.

You're trolling. I thought you were genuine when you posted about how this was the most exciting season in 30 years but its quite evident youre having a laugh.

Fair play.
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 1194 viewslegoman

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 12:20 - Sep 15 by timothyeo

You're trolling. I thought you were genuine when you posted about how this was the most exciting season in 30 years but its quite evident youre having a laugh.

Fair play.

My posts are always honest thoughts and opinions. I never ever said this is the most exciting season in 30 years. I said we are in the most exciting club building period in the last 30 years and this is still the case. I believe this will be an exciting season though!

Agreed, although.... on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 1136 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed, although.... on 11:21 - Sep 15 by Bloots

...he should be up to match speed now, he's only missed one game.

We'll see I guess.

Yeah, I actually thought he’d missed more games.

“Up to speed” with the likely players around him would be more accurate.

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 14:01 - Sep 15 with 1021 viewsbefxblue

Good points (IMO)

He read the game well, played it simply and quickly rather than dithering looking for a pass, as he knew where everyone was because he was constantly telling them where to be positioned.

Bad points (IMO)

He will get a lot of cards and constantly be on the edge of a red.
He is very right footed, to the point he would turn almost full circle to create the angle he needed for some passes rather than go on his left, which I feel would leave him open to easily being closed by faster opposition.
That may indeed be the case..... on 14:01 - Sep 15 with 1020 viewsLightworker

That may indeed be the case..... on 11:16 - Sep 15 by Bloots

Disagree, he was comfortably the best player on the pitch. They never got close to him when he was in possession, he pretty much did what he wanted.

Its just a shame most of his team mates were crap.
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 14:02 - Sep 15 with 1012 viewsWD19

Better than Norwood.
Nah, Armstrong Okoflex.... on 14:10 - Sep 15 with 987 viewsBloots

That may indeed be the case..... on 14:01 - Sep 15 by Lightworker

Disagree, he was comfortably the best player on the pitch. They never got close to him when he was in possession, he pretty much did what he wanted.

Its just a shame most of his team mates were crap.

...was the best player on the pitch.

Norwood was our best player.

Morsey was our best defensive midfielder.

Nah, Armstrong Okoflex.... on 14:30 - Sep 15 with 935 viewsLightworker

Nah, Armstrong Okoflex.... on 14:10 - Sep 15 by Bloots

...was the best player on the pitch.

Norwood was our best player.

Morsey was our best defensive midfielder.

Maybe my glasses were ever so slightly blue tinted....

Norwood was definitely not our best player though, goal aside I thought he was distinctly average. Morsy was by a fair distance the best of our sorry bunch....
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 14:33]
Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 16:43 - Sep 15 with 791 viewslegoman

Ok. Opinions please. Morsy? on 14:01 - Sep 15 by befxblue

Good points (IMO)

He read the game well, played it simply and quickly rather than dithering looking for a pass, as he knew where everyone was because he was constantly telling them where to be positioned.

Bad points (IMO)

He will get a lot of cards and constantly be on the edge of a red.
He is very right footed, to the point he would turn almost full circle to create the angle he needed for some passes rather than go on his left, which I feel would leave him open to easily being closed by faster opposition.

I agree....He has a great footballers brain a bit like John Warks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024