Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne 08:30 - Sep 29 with 3165 viewsDamster

Clearly 2 outstanding performances last night.
Just a couple of concerns … how long will Morsey be away with the African Cup in a vital Winter period.
Secondly, if Bonne keeps performing like this, surely QPR will be looking at a recall.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:32 - Sep 29 with 2514 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dunno about concern 1 but on concern 2 it needs all 3 parties to agree for him to be recalled. So you can forget about that one!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:35 - Sep 29 with 2457 viewsDamster

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:32 - Sep 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Dunno about concern 1 but on concern 2 it needs all 3 parties to agree for him to be recalled. So you can forget about that one!

Good to hear…. And it was a season long loan from memory. 👍
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:35 - Sep 29 with 2454 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think the most likely reason for a recall by QPR would be to try to sell him to another club. We should be looking at agreeing a Jan deal now.

If QPR did want to sell him to another club, they would need Bonne's full co-operation... is he likely to co-operate if he is banging in goals for fun for his boyhood club during a promotion campaign?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:36 - Sep 29 with 2435 viewstractorboy1978

Concern 3 - Bonne gets called up by Zimbabwe for the AFCON.
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:37 - Sep 29 with 2429 viewsHerbivore

Phil mentioned that QPR have a recall clause so that's potentially a worry but Warburton has other good striking options there and didn't seem to like the idea of recalling him to probably not play him. He won't have trained with his teammates for months and won't necessarily fit how they play. I'd be surprised to see him being recalled.

Morsy being away is a worry, but hopefully by then the team will be settled and in form and able to cope. The other midfielders we have aren't like for like replacements but they are more than good enough for this level and we should be able to cope for a few games without him. We beat Lincoln and drew with Sheff Wed without him when not exactly bang in form.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:39 - Sep 29 with 2403 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No it doesn’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:40 - Sep 29 with 2376 viewsDevereuxxx

Not too sure about the Morsy issue, but the key thing about QPR is that they are absolutely stacked with strikers at the moment. They have Lyndon Dykes, Andre Grey and Charlie Austin all competing for what looks like to be 1 position, as when I've seen them play they have used a 4-3-3 with 1 striker and Chair and Willock supporting.

Basically, they don't need Bonne. And you'd have thought we're paying a chunk of his wages and the 3 aforementioned strikers would be on higher-end championship wages. Unless one of two of them gets crocked, him returning doesn't really make too much sense for any party involved.
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:41 - Sep 29 with 2358 viewschicoazul

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:37 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Phil mentioned that QPR have a recall clause so that's potentially a worry but Warburton has other good striking options there and didn't seem to like the idea of recalling him to probably not play him. He won't have trained with his teammates for months and won't necessarily fit how they play. I'd be surprised to see him being recalled.

Morsy being away is a worry, but hopefully by then the team will be settled and in form and able to cope. The other midfielders we have aren't like for like replacements but they are more than good enough for this level and we should be able to cope for a few games without him. We beat Lincoln and drew with Sheff Wed without him when not exactly bang in form.

I think we will get someone early in Jan to fill in Morsy’s role if as expected he does go. Some sort of short term loan scenario.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:42 - Sep 29 with 2337 viewsHerbivore

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:41 - Sep 29 by chicoazul

I think we will get someone early in Jan to fill in Morsy’s role if as expected he does go. Some sort of short term loan scenario.

I'm not sure short term loans exist at this level anymore, they usually run window to window.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:43 - Sep 29 with 2316 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Someone would need to be moved out 1st or left out of the squad when it is resubmitted.

I'd hope Jackson

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:44 - Sep 29 with 2301 viewsGuthrum

Not necessarily true. Depends what's in the contract. Phil has said that a direct recall is possible in this case.

However, I don't think it's particularly likely unless QPR actually need him to save their season. As we know only too well, for a good striker to perform, they need to be integrated into the team and have the right kind of supply. Also, QPR seems to have less of a problem this season with scoring goals than with a leaky defence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:44 - Sep 29 with 2280 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:39 - Sep 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No it doesn’t

Pretty sure that's what Phil said?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:45 - Sep 29 with 2277 viewschicoazul

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:42 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

I'm not sure short term loans exist at this level anymore, they usually run window to window.

Soz yeah, a Jan to July job. Someone 32 or 33 who knows they will be warming the bench some/a lot of the time. A Colin Healy type.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:45 - Sep 29 with 2277 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've the same concern around Morsy not Bonne. Looking at the confidence he gave the rest of the team last night, and we just don't have anyone else who does that. I think we'll be looking to sign a Morsy back up in January, and sending Barry back with probably a few fringe player exits.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:45 - Sep 29 with 2270 viewsGuthrum

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:42 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Certainly for senior players they don't.

Except for goalies in an emergency (i.e. if a club cannot field a 'keeper of their own).

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:48 - Sep 29 with 2239 viewsHerbivore

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:45 - Sep 29 by chicoazul

Soz yeah, a Jan to July job. Someone 32 or 33 who knows they will be warming the bench some/a lot of the time. A Colin Healy type.

It's all set up for Skuse to come back isn't it?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:51 - Sep 29 with 2182 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:48 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

It's all set up for Skuse to come back isn't it?

Or Jonathan Douglas?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:52 - Sep 29 with 2175 viewsGuthrum

Alternatively, if we've been on some good runs by then and the team's confidence is high, we may be able to cope ok for the duration with those we already have on the books. After all, Morsy was not present for the win at Lincoln or the draw against Wednesday.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:55 - Sep 29 with 2124 viewsChiefXL

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:44 - Sep 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nope, Phil indicated he believed QPR can recall him regardless of the other two parties wishes
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:56 - Sep 29 with 2104 viewsHerbivore

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:52 - Sep 29 by Guthrum

Alternatively, if we've been on some good runs by then and the team's confidence is high, we may be able to cope ok for the duration with those we already have on the books. After all, Morsy was not present for the win at Lincoln or the draw against Wednesday.

Indeed. I made that point further up, we took 4 points from the previous two games without Morsy and with the team still not being all that settled. You'd hope in 3 months' time the players will be more familiar with each tother, hopefully we'll have accumulated a good number of wins, and we should be able to manage for a few games without Morsy without needing to further add to our large squad.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:58 - Sep 29 with 2051 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:44 - Sep 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Warburton Delighted By Bonne's Town Start But Cool on Recall Talk 21st Sep 2021 10:39
QPR manager Mark Warburton says he’s delighted for Macauley Bonne that he’s made such an impressive start to his loan spell with the Blues but says recalling the 25-year-old in January isn’t currently in his plans, although hasn't ruled out doing so. 29

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:59 - Sep 29 with 2044 viewsWickets

I think Phil has confirmed that QPR can recall him at Xmas if they wish .
Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 09:06 - Sep 29 with 1968 viewsPinewoodblue

ACN is scheduled from 9 January to 6 February so realistically that means missing 6 league games plus, optimistically, at least 1 FA cup game.

We could also lose El Miz.

It is something PC could do without but really just another challenge to be overcome.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 09:07 - Sep 29 with 1934 viewsDarth_Koont

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:45 - Sep 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

I've the same concern around Morsy not Bonne. Looking at the confidence he gave the rest of the team last night, and we just don't have anyone else who does that. I think we'll be looking to sign a Morsy back up in January, and sending Barry back with probably a few fringe player exits.

Can’t see us getting that much of a genuine backup for him but who knows?

What would be nice is if players like Harper, El Mizouni and Humphreys can learn from him. The way he levers players off the ball is a thing of beauty and it’s more about taking a calmer approach and a strong body position rather than the usual lunges we see in centre mid.

Of course, I’d expect opposition midfields to be tougher and threaten more than in a FLT game or Doncaster last night. So be interesting to see Morsy handle that. But I get the feeling he’s still going to pretty comfortable at League One level and can avoid the same disciplinary bans and sendings off.

Pronouns: He/Him

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 09:13 - Sep 29 with 1841 viewsGuthrum

Concerns - Morsey & Bonne on 08:35 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think the most likely reason for a recall by QPR would be to try to sell him to another club. We should be looking at agreeing a Jan deal now.

If QPR did want to sell him to another club, they would need Bonne's full co-operation... is he likely to co-operate if he is banging in goals for fun for his boyhood club during a promotion campaign?

Are QPR that desperate for money? After all, the fee will not be seriously budget-changing at this stage in his career.

Plus we stand a decent chance of competing in such a sale, unless a Prem club decides they really want him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024