Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police now investigating No 10 10:24 - Jan 25 with 3057 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60123850

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:35 - Jan 25 with 1593 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Scandalous that they have dragged their heels for this long..
Police now investigating No 10 on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 1581 viewsbluelagos

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:35 - Jan 25 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Scandalous that they have dragged their heels for this long..

Absolutely. Fingers crossed they do the necessary in a speedy fashion and this circus can be brought to it's conclusion asap.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 1549 viewsXYZ

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:36 - Jan 25 by bluelagos

Absolutely. Fingers crossed they do the necessary in a speedy fashion and this circus can be brought to it's conclusion asap.

They'll find a technicality to let them off on.

That's Sue Gray's report on the back-burner now, presumably.

The Met will string this out for months.
Police now investigating No 10 on 10:42 - Jan 25 with 1539 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:36 - Jan 25 by bluelagos

I’d like to think that the lowly police officers allocated this investigation will be more than happy to stick the boot in… The issue will be if the senior management decide to take an interest

Should never have taken this long. It is always in the public interest to investigate
Police now investigating No 10 on 10:44 - Jan 25 with 1505 viewsWeWereZombies

In fairness to him he has had a haircut recently, thereby making it easier to get his collar felt...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 1498 viewsGuthrum

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:41 - Jan 25 by XYZ

Ah yes, kick the Gray Report down the road!

Explains why they were so keen to wait for it.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 10:50]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 1478 viewsbluelagos

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:42 - Jan 25 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I’d like to think that the lowly police officers allocated this investigation will be more than happy to stick the boot in… The issue will be if the senior management decide to take an interest

Should never have taken this long. It is always in the public interest to investigate

There is a real potential conflict of interest here too, given the parties were happening under the noses of the police and they didn't intervene at the time.

Hopefully that conflict won't stop them doing a through job now. And hopefully they don't hang some ordinary coppers out to dry, especially if they did raise concerns at the time.

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 1454 viewsgordon

Think next it'll be agreed that the met police and Sue Gray will need to wait for a judge-led inquiry to fully investigate the parties.
Login to get fewer ads

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:55 - Jan 25 with 1430 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:49 - Jan 25 by bluelagos

There is a real potential conflict of interest here too, given the parties were happening under the noses of the police and they didn't intervene at the time.

Hopefully that conflict won't stop them doing a through job now. And hopefully they don't hang some ordinary coppers out to dry, especially if they did raise concerns at the time.

I’d heard previously that police are treated like 5h!t by politicians around Downing Street. It does beg the question as to how that could be allowed to happen unchecked for any length of time.

Police are servants to the crown, not to anyone else
Police now investigating No 10 on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 1410 viewsgiant_stow

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:49 - Jan 25 by bluelagos

From that Telegraph story (the he won;t be their by the end of the week one)on the downing street coppers being interviewed, it sounded like those fellas were more than happy to speak up, in contrast to Dick. Obviously just hearsay, but I don;t see why that paper would put that spin on it, as it doesn't appear to know what outcome it wants.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 1393 viewschicoazul

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Covid: Women on exercise trip 'surrounded by police' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 1342 viewsbluelagos

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:00 - Jan 25 by chicoazul

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Covid: Women on exercise trip 'surrounded by police' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

C'mon Chico - you're often quick to tell people to focus on the real issues. The Derbyshire police made a couple of genuinely stupid calls during lockdown. These were highlighted at the time - I think they even apologised at the time for that one particular incident.

The issues at hand are way way bigger. The Met police may have to explain why they were slow to investigate and why action wasn't taken at the time - those are fair questions. But worrying about a couple of fine happy idiot coppers in Derbyshire really isn't the issue here.

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:10 - Jan 25 with 1309 viewsElderGrizzly

Police now investigating No 10 on 10:41 - Jan 25 by XYZ

Yes, just confirmed Sue Gray report is delayed until the Met investigation is concluded.

Some commentators saying that is 3 months+
Police now investigating No 10 on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 1312 viewsGlasgowBlue

Worst thing that could have happened. Now the Su Gray report won't be released this week and word was there was enough in it to nail Johnson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:14 - Jan 25 with 1288 viewsbluelagos

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:11 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

Worst thing that could have happened. Now the Su Gray report won't be released this week and word was there was enough in it to nail Johnson.

So the Tory MPs will now know there is (in Sue Gray's opinion and the Met Police) evidence of criminality.

If that's not enough for them to trigger a VoNC and get rid, so be it. All those saying they would wait for the report - well now it is crystal clear the report would contain evidence that in her opinion laws were broken. In fact there is so much evidence it's been passed to the Met.

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 1272 viewsElderGrizzly

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:14 - Jan 25 by bluelagos

So the Tory MPs will now know there is (in Sue Gray's opinion and the Met Police) evidence of criminality.

If that's not enough for them to trigger a VoNC and get rid, so be it. All those saying they would wait for the report - well now it is crystal clear the report would contain evidence that in her opinion laws were broken. In fact there is so much evidence it's been passed to the Met.

I'm 50:50 as to whether kicking this down the road helps him.

It delays the inevitable is where i've ended up, but it also allows other elements of the news cycle to take over in the short-term.

Of course, Johnson being questioned under caution would amuse greatly
Police now investigating No 10 on 11:25 - Jan 25 with 1238 viewsGlasgowBlue

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:16 - Jan 25 by ElderGrizzly

I'm 50:50 as to whether kicking this down the road helps him.

It delays the inevitable is where i've ended up, but it also allows other elements of the news cycle to take over in the short-term.

Of course, Johnson being questioned under caution would amuse greatly

His Premiership will suffer a slow and painful death over months rather than a quick kill this week.

Good for the opposition. Bad for the country imo.

Iron Lion Zion

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:29 - Jan 25 with 1206 viewsStokieBlue

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:10 - Jan 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, just confirmed Sue Gray report is delayed until the Met investigation is concluded.

Some commentators saying that is 3 months+

This is a total joke, it's essentially abandoning the country to a lame duck PM for the next 3 months.

He needs to go now, I'd prefer he didn't get a fine and they didn't investigate and he just went now.

Why on earth will it take 3 months to decide if he needs to be find 100 GBP? That's utterly ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:33 - Jan 25 with 1150 viewstonybied

What are the odds of this investigation by the met taking until after the May elections. In that time the media will have got bored of this story and it will be mostly forgotten about causing less damage to conservative candidates in these elections. Then I expect the police to bring no charges at which point Sue Gray's report will be released under the radar.

Not that I'm saying that this is just another form of corruption at all!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 11:35]
Police now investigating No 10 on 11:36 - Jan 25 with 1116 viewsElderGrizzly

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:29 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

This is a total joke, it's essentially abandoning the country to a lame duck PM for the next 3 months.

He needs to go now, I'd prefer he didn't get a fine and they didn't investigate and he just went now.

Why on earth will it take 3 months to decide if he needs to be find 100 GBP? That's utterly ridiculous.

SB

It might not take 3 months, just reporting what some political commentators were saying.

I'd imagine they will need to go through all the evidence themselves and not simply ask Sue Gray for hers to ensure due process is followed.

And because of who it is, it's going to take a while to ensure every i is dotted and t is crossed.

It is ludicrous it has taken the Met a month to decide to take action, as there really isn't anything new here
Police now investigating No 10 on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 1106 viewsPlums

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:11 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

Which means the Tories get to hang the inevitable May election bloodbath on Johnson and they come out with a clean bill of health ready to fight again.
Sickening abuse of parliament, democracy, the civil service and now the police.
Where’s my pitchfork?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:38 - Jan 25 with 1095 viewsStokieBlue

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:36 - Jan 25 by ElderGrizzly

It might not take 3 months, just reporting what some political commentators were saying.

I'd imagine they will need to go through all the evidence themselves and not simply ask Sue Gray for hers to ensure due process is followed.

And because of who it is, it's going to take a while to ensure every i is dotted and t is crossed.

It is ludicrous it has taken the Met a month to decide to take action, as there really isn't anything new here

Why does the person matter?

If I was having a party I would have got an instant spot fine - it's exactly the same here. They don't require the level of evidence needed for an airtight murder investigation - it's a spot fine.

It didn't take Sue Gray 3 months, it shouldn't take the Met anything like that either.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 1087 viewsElderGrizzly

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:38 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

If I was having a party I would have got an instant spot fine - it's exactly the same here. They don't require the level of evidence needed for an airtight murder investigation - it's a spot fine.

It didn't take Sue Gray 3 months, it shouldn't take the Met anything like that either.

SB

It shouldn't matter. Of course it will though.

Hopefully he has the moral compass to resign within the next 48 hours or this is the tipping point for the 54 letters to appear.
Police now investigating No 10 on 11:42 - Jan 25 with 1073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:38 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course it matters who he is.

If you, I or Joe Bloggs were caught having a party then we would have got a spot fine. If we hadn't been caught at the time, then there is no way that the police would waste their te investigating us nearly two years later. Wouldn't happen.

Iron Lion Zion

Police now investigating No 10 on 11:44 - Jan 25 with 1059 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I can only see that the time frame of 3 months has been suggested as if the fine is given, but is contested a file must be sent to the CPS for them to make the decision.. and decide if it should be heard in front of a court..

Getting a court date is rarer than rocking horse 5h!t and I very much doubt any politician is going to just accept any wrongdoing and pay the fine.

The evidence would probably allow fines to be handed out within a couple of weeks, but a final outcome may go on for months and months if those involved plead innocence/ignorance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024