Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flights are really expensive this year 09:56 - Jun 14 with 2147 viewsStokieBlue

It's been noticeably more expensive to fly long haul this year, however 71000 GBP for an economy ticket to Rwanda really is a tad on the expensive side.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:03 - Jun 14 with 1698 viewsbluelagos

Cheap compared to £120m to put up half a dozen in a Kigali hotel.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:19 - Jun 14 with 1670 viewstextbackup

Appreciate that’s a hefty cost, but where do we draw the line and say enough is enough?

Country is on its arse, can we just have a constant steam coming here and we are the required to house and feed them all?

I don’t know the answer, but know somewhere along the line something has to give, doesn’t it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:25 - Jun 14 with 1648 viewshomer_123

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:19 - Jun 14 by textbackup

Appreciate that’s a hefty cost, but where do we draw the line and say enough is enough?

Country is on its arse, can we just have a constant steam coming here and we are the required to house and feed them all?

I don’t know the answer, but know somewhere along the line something has to give, doesn’t it?

Depends on what sort of country and people we want to be.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:29 - Jun 14 with 1627 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:25 - Jun 14 by homer_123

Depends on what sort of country and people we want to be.

Possibly, but if the government turned around and said

‘Look we’ll let in as many as possible but you lot need to house them and look after them’ would you swallow the cost?

I agree that of course we must do our part in helping these people, but when it hits breaking point where do we go?

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:32 - Jun 14 with 1600 viewsStokieBlue

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:29 - Jun 14 by textbackup

‘Look we’ll let in as many as possible but you lot need to house them and look after them’ would you swallow the cost?

I agree that of course we must do our part in helping these people, but when it hits breaking point where do we go?

Would you still want to help them if they wanted their pronoun to be "fairy"?

Are they "normal" people or are they "freaks" and "weirdos"?

SB

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:37 - Jun 14 with 1576 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:32 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Would you still want to help them if they wanted their pronoun to be "fairy"?

Are they "normal" people or are they "freaks" and "weirdos"?

SB

No I wouldn’t, but that’s my choice.

You can look after bee and fairy if you so wish

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:38 - Jun 14 with 1557 viewswkj

Yet the fiscal impact of EEA and Non-EEA migrants is less than the fiscal impact of dodgy covid contracts and defective PPE purchases. Its a dumb and expensive solution for a problem that only exists when one needs to shore up the voting base. Also, Benefit fraud will be the next non-problem to be publicised as a big problem as the country/world hits recession (then austerity) once again.

It's not hard to be a sheep and buy into these fantasies, but it is hard to see money being spunked against the wall to transport 8, possibly 7 individuals.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:41 - Jun 14 with 1546 viewsStokieBlue

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:37 - Jun 14 by textbackup

No I wouldn’t, but that’s my choice.

You can look after bee and fairy if you so wish

Ah OK, so it's all fine as long as they are "normal" men and "normal" women.

If they are anything else then you wouldn't want to help them. Good to see your full transphobia and homophobia open for all to see after Phil deleted your disgusting posts last night.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 10:45]

Login to get fewer ads

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:50 - Jun 14 with 1475 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:41 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Ah OK, so it's all fine as long as they are "normal" men and "normal" women.

If they are anything else then you wouldn't want to help them. Good to see your full transphobia and homophobia open for all to see after Phil deleted your disgusting posts last night.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 10:45]

I don’t believe a single thing left my mouth regarding gay/lesbians? I believe them to be absolute equal to those that are straight, and always have.

I await your apology for that.

Calling yourself bee or fairy, imo, is weird. Not a single care in the world if you disagree

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:56 - Jun 14 with 1441 viewsStokieBlue

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:50 - Jun 14 by textbackup

I don’t believe a single thing left my mouth regarding gay/lesbians? I believe them to be absolute equal to those that are straight, and always have.

I await your apology for that.

Calling yourself bee or fairy, imo, is weird. Not a single care in the world if you disagree

I'll not be apologising, these were your exact words yesterday:

"Normal - man and a woman in the traditional sense"

Perhaps you were not as specific as you intended to be but that was pretty clear to me and others.

I see you're not objecting to transphobia being sent in your direction though.

SB

Flights are really expensive this year on 11:17 - Jun 14 with 1370 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:56 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

I'll not be apologising, these were your exact words yesterday:

"Normal - man and a woman in the traditional sense"

Perhaps you were not as specific as you intended to be but that was pretty clear to me and others.

I see you're not objecting to transphobia being sent in your direction though.

SB

Na I’m not, I mean I’d not go out of my way to walk up to them to offend them, and if I saw someone openly bullying them in a situation I’d like to think I’d try and put a stop to it…. but at the same time I highly doubt I’ll ever be friends with them… as honest of an answer I can give.

If that then means I become labelled transphobic because you see it only black and white, then so be it, I’m sure neither of us will lose sleep over it.

Flights are really expensive this year on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 1335 viewspointofblue

Flights are really expensive this year on 10:29 - Jun 14 by textbackup

We’re something like the fifth richest country in the world. If we can’t afford to help people the question is why not?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Flights are really expensive this year on 11:44 - Jun 14 with 1287 viewsWeWereZombies

Flights are really expensive this year on 11:22 - Jun 14 by pointofblue

We’re something like the fifth richest country in the world. If we can’t afford to help people the question is why not?

And if the response to that is 'because we have starving and deprived people of our own' then the follow on question has to be 'Why are we so bad at distributing our wealth?'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:12 - Jun 14 with 1229 viewsjaykay

Flights are really expensive this year on 11:44 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

And if the response to that is 'because we have starving and deprived people of our own' then the follow on question has to be 'Why are we so bad at distributing our wealth?'

i think it has something to do with ,the rich have most of it and are going to hang on to to it. then the the trick is getting those at the bottom to blame others at the bottom and find other scapegoats.
i think history shows this been done before in another country.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:24 - Jun 14 with 1196 viewsWilbrahamBlue

You seriously think the country is on its economic arse because of immigration?
Flights are really expensive this year on 12:27 - Jun 14 with 1185 viewsElderGrizzly

As of mid-day, just one of the 150 originally scheduled to go today are still going.

It's almost as if the Government are acting illegally

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:32 - Jun 14 with 1158 viewswkj

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:27 - Jun 14 by ElderGrizzly

As of mid-day, just one of the 150 originally scheduled to go today are still going.

It's almost as if the Government are acting illegally

I am sure the party of law and order will implicitly respect the process of law and order - they've good a good record for that of late.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:46 - Jun 14 with 1142 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:24 - Jun 14 by WilbrahamBlue

You seriously think the country is on its economic arse because of immigration?

If you could point me to where I’ve said that it would be great, ta

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:51 - Jun 14 with 1120 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a fair argument about the cost but I think we should be aiming at another group. It's not refugees coming here who need a bit of help getting up and running who are screwing this country it's the mega rich and the rich refusing to pay their share.

The company I work for is in the process of moving HQ to Gibraltar so the owner can be a bit richer at the expense of his country. We should be demanding the rich and big corporations pay their fair share. If they did we would have more than enough money to help refugees and do a lot of other good stuff as well.

Edit: Missed a key word out there...
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 12:56]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:08 - Jun 14 with 1074 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:46 - Jun 14 by textbackup

If you could point me to where I’ve said that it would be great, ta

It was certainly your implication that things would only get worse by our not dealing humanely with asylum seekers and immigartion applicants.

"where do we draw the line and say enough is enough?

Country is on its arse, can we just have a constant steam (sic) coming here and we are the required to house and feed them all?"

Of course by even entertaining a discussion of the vacuous points Hunt (T) raises and the extent to which the problems he cites are at all to do with immigration levels we fall into the trap of potentially ignoring true cause and effect.

If we are to have a discussion on immigration levels then some facts on what those levels are, what the average immigrant "costs" the country (when last I looked immigrants to the UK were net contributors to the exchequer), etc would be a useful start. And perhaps, rather than just look at these things simply from a financial perspective, we could also try to be human beings about the subject. Oh and avoiding emotive expressions like "constant stream" might be handy too.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:20 - Jun 14 with 1033 viewsZapers

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:51 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

It's a fair argument about the cost but I think we should be aiming at another group. It's not refugees coming here who need a bit of help getting up and running who are screwing this country it's the mega rich and the rich refusing to pay their share.

The company I work for is in the process of moving HQ to Gibraltar so the owner can be a bit richer at the expense of his country. We should be demanding the rich and big corporations pay their fair share. If they did we would have more than enough money to help refugees and do a lot of other good stuff as well.

Even Putin hasn’t stopped the rich and powerful leaving Russia.
Flights are really expensive this year on 13:26 - Jun 14 with 1019 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 12:51 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Absolutely they should be held to account and pay a proper share.

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:27 - Jun 14 with 1010 viewstextbackup

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:08 - Jun 14 by You_Bloo_Right

It was certainly your implication that things would only get worse by our not dealing humanely with asylum seekers and immigartion applicants.

"where do we draw the line and say enough is enough?

Country is on its arse, can we just have a constant steam (sic) coming here and we are the required to house and feed them all?"

Of course by even entertaining a discussion of the vacuous points Hunt (T) raises and the extent to which the problems he cites are at all to do with immigration levels we fall into the trap of potentially ignoring true cause and effect.

If we are to have a discussion on immigration levels then some facts on what those levels are, what the average immigrant "costs" the country (when last I looked immigrants to the UK were net contributors to the exchequer), etc would be a useful start. And perhaps, rather than just look at these things simply from a financial perspective, we could also try to be human beings about the subject. Oh and avoiding emotive expressions like "constant stream" might be handy too.

Apologise you’ve taken it that way, wasn’t intended like that.

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:34 - Jun 14 with 993 viewsloftboy

Flights are really expensive this year on 13:20 - Jun 14 by Zapers

Even Putin hasn’t stopped the rich and powerful leaving Russia.

Only 2% of the UK has housing on it, unfortunately going forward lots more housing needs to be built, ideally entirely social housing under local authority management, it will upset lots of nimbys but even without immigration there isn’t enough affordable housing.
The only stipulation I would make is that the houses were allocated with a mixture of “Brits” and “immigrants” so that areas are immediately multicultural and don’t end up as exclusive to anyone group.
Each estate would need schools, Drs and possibly a hospital.
The affordable rent these thousands of properties would generate will eventually pay for the whole project.
Total fantasy I know but you only have to look at a town like Bracknell which was literally a village post WW2 and is now a huge town with loads of estates.
I would keep away from high rises as well and try and make the estates 2/3/4 bed with a few small blocks of flats for couples without children.
Basically bring back what was had in the 60’s/70’s before the right to buy was introduced.
Flights are really expensive this year on 13:37 - Jun 14 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

Enough of having a humane asylum application process?

As others have said, it depends on what we want to stand for. We take in numbers of refugees WELL below the average for European countries. So we're hardly swamped. Most are young and have the potential to contribute to society if given the opportunity. They're just seeking a place to live where they're not threatened. I'd like us to treat such people with dignity and given them opportunities to work and contribute, even if their application is ultimately unsuccessful.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 13:37]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024