Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer signings. 18:13 - Jun 22 with 2866 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Very Marcus Evans esque window so far. Have the gamechangers tightened the purse strings?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Summer signings. on 18:14 - Jun 22 with 2279 viewsRobTheMonk

Lol
Summer signings. on 18:17 - Jun 22 with 2213 viewsstopmoaning

Haha
Summer signings. on 18:18 - Jun 22 with 2195 viewsRegencyBlue

If you’re going to troll you’ve got to do much better than that!
Summer signings. on 18:19 - Jun 22 with 2192 viewsLeoMuff

Has been a bit meh so far but let’s face it last seasons epic window didn’t succeed, looks like we have got the eye on the actual requirements to get out of league 1, physical, up for the battle and with Ball and Ladapo proven to be top players at this level.

Leigh looks a canny one and I am a bit mystified with the loan striker.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Summer signings. on 18:20 - Jun 22 with 2164 viewsRobTheMonk

Summer signings. on 18:19 - Jun 22 by LeoMuff

Has been a bit meh so far but let’s face it last seasons epic window didn’t succeed, looks like we have got the eye on the actual requirements to get out of league 1, physical, up for the battle and with Ball and Ladapo proven to be top players at this level.

Leigh looks a canny one and I am a bit mystified with the loan striker.

With the right coaching, TJJ could be very decent.
Summer signings. on 18:23 - Jun 22 with 2116 viewsIllinoisblue

4/10 but will get a few bites

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Summer signings. on 18:33 - Jun 22 with 2023 viewsStokieBlue

FrimleyMakin is supposed to be down to a single login now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Summer signings. on 18:33 - Jun 22 with 2038 viewsBonneNIL

I have to agree, it seems that Ashton blew the Gamechanger advantage last season and we're back to the usual freebies/loans and barrel-scraping exercise. Signing players with bad reputations and injury records, or from teams way below us has been the standard for years here.

This kid scored 5 goals for Doncaster a few years ago, played 20 minutes last season, and we've moved Norwood on, and lost Bonne. We should be upgrading our squad, this smacks of plugging gaps rather than an upgrade.

Our supporters will be quick to jump on anyone criticising this, but I am losing faith in McKenna, and I am starting to believe this may be a U23's coach over-promoted, a bit like Paul Hurst's appointment, coupled with Ashton's addiction to signings, could be a recipe for disaster again here.

I expect to be slated for this of course, but this is looking more of the same with every signing. I just pray for the day when we go for the quality over quantity approach and actually start recruiting like a club that matters again.

I hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about things.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Login to get fewer ads

Summer signings. on 18:35 - Jun 22 with 1996 viewsStokieBlue

Summer signings. on 18:33 - Jun 22 by BonneNIL

I have to agree, it seems that Ashton blew the Gamechanger advantage last season and we're back to the usual freebies/loans and barrel-scraping exercise. Signing players with bad reputations and injury records, or from teams way below us has been the standard for years here.

This kid scored 5 goals for Doncaster a few years ago, played 20 minutes last season, and we've moved Norwood on, and lost Bonne. We should be upgrading our squad, this smacks of plugging gaps rather than an upgrade.

Our supporters will be quick to jump on anyone criticising this, but I am losing faith in McKenna, and I am starting to believe this may be a U23's coach over-promoted, a bit like Paul Hurst's appointment, coupled with Ashton's addiction to signings, could be a recipe for disaster again here.

I expect to be slated for this of course, but this is looking more of the same with every signing. I just pray for the day when we go for the quality over quantity approach and actually start recruiting like a club that matters again.

Pretty standard format for you.

- Say something negative
- Poison the well about the owners/manager
- Caveat at the end.

It's beyond tiresome.

SB

Summer signings. on 18:46 - Jun 22 with 1867 viewsVeggie

Are you that berk “Fisherman” in disguise? He said the same thing on Twitter
Summer signings. on 18:47 - Jun 22 with 1853 viewsVeggie

Cue Scott Twine signing or similar
Summer signings. on 18:49 - Jun 22 with 1825 viewsFrimleyBlue

Summer signings. on 18:33 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

FrimleyMakin is supposed to be down to a single login now.

SB

Odd SB. Not involved in the thread but you find yourself having to mention me.

So I'll give my thoughts.

I'm very impressed with the signings so far. Each one looks carefully thought through, they each appear to suit the style that the manager actually wants to play compared to some that we made last summer.

Didn't know much about today's signing, but already looking online it appears to be a potential useful loan and another clear indication of what KM wants in his players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Summer signings. on 18:50 - Jun 22 with 1817 viewsStokieBlue

Summer signings. on 18:49 - Jun 22 by FrimleyBlue

Odd SB. Not involved in the thread but you find yourself having to mention me.

So I'll give my thoughts.

I'm very impressed with the signings so far. Each one looks carefully thought through, they each appear to suit the style that the manager actually wants to play compared to some that we made last summer.

Didn't know much about today's signing, but already looking online it appears to be a potential useful loan and another clear indication of what KM wants in his players.

It was a joke, you have to admit the opening post is very similar to some of your previous opening gambits.

You can't lose a reputation that easily :).

SB

Summer signings. on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 1777 viewsParky

I know you’re fishing, but actually to tend to agree.

Happy to give any player a chance and will get behind them, if that’s who Mckenna wants. That said, entitled to an opinion, and I’m underwhelmed.
Summer signings. on 19:10 - Jun 22 with 1675 viewsIllinoisblue

Losing faith with a manager who’s been in charge for all of six months? Have a word with yourself you massive fanny.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Summer signings. on 19:10 - Jun 22 with 1675 viewsSitfcB

A lot of people going to look silly when we start to announce the money signings.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Summer signings. on 19:13 - Jun 22 with 1627 viewsNthQldITFC

My arse.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Summer signings. on 19:13 - Jun 22 with 1614 viewsFrimleyBlue

Summer signings. on 19:10 - Jun 22 by SitfcB

A lot of people going to look silly when we start to announce the money signings.

Do you think they'll be some?

There's lots of talent around for free

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Summer signings. on 19:14 - Jun 22 with 1623 viewsITFC_Josh

How do you know this though? So far nobody ‘ITK’ has known anything about the transfers.
Summer signings. on 19:17 - Jun 22 with 1578 viewsJDB23

Not sure there’s much scope left for many big money signings. One more attacking player, backup GK, CM squad player and maybe LB competition.

The attacking player is the only place where we would spend big money unless we plan on bloating the squad again.
Summer signings. on 19:20 - Jun 22 with 1553 viewsBasuco

You sound like the "expert" pundits after Town got promoted in 2000, Man City made the big money signings with well know "stars".
Look how that turned out that season, frightening how far apart the two clubs are now though.
Summer signings. on 19:49 - Jun 22 with 1341 viewsitfcjoe

Dominic Ball and Freddie Ladapo in L1 are hardly belt tightening signings.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Summer signings. on 19:49 - Jun 22 with 1338 viewsChurchman

Ashton started 1st June. Cook had already bomb squaded most of the previous years team that were left. They had to bring players in. It was a kid in a sweet shop time by Cook, funded partially by flogging Downes and Dozzell. It stood little chance of working.

By comparison, we started the transfer window with much of the team in place. There was a shortfall up front and at the back. KM has made changes to both. Ok we’ve not signed Harry Kane and while I am disappointed, I’m not surprised. We have though picked up 3 players and have a couple of young players who may well play a part this year. It’s only 22 June and most of the squad will get a proper pre season.

I’m not interested in ‘marquee signings’ - a dreadful term for a stupid mickey mouse action. I want to see a team built and I think that’s what KM is trying to do.

He might prove a hopeless manager - an out of his depth u23 coach, but how about we give him a chance? And I mean a real chance to grow into the job. He has a great opportunity here, but with it is pressure. Like Ashton, he hasn’t done too much wrong to date.

What is happening on and off the field bears no relation whatsoever to what happened under life drainer Evans.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 19:50]
Summer signings. on 19:54 - Jun 22 with 1274 viewsBiGDonnie

You absolute clown.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Summer signings. on 19:55 - Jun 22 with 1252 viewsxrayspecs

Summer signings. on 19:49 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Dominic Ball and Freddie Ladapo in L1 are hardly belt tightening signings.

Plus new long term deals for Wolf and Wes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024