Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell on loan 23:13 - Aug 26 with 3161 viewsWoolfenthen

how would people feel about that?
Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:15 - Aug 26 with 2789 viewsVic

It’s a no from me.

Not sure how he’d improve us.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:16 - Aug 26 with 2776 viewsITFCed

Ineffective at best, surprising he got a championship move

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:21 - Aug 26 with 2744 viewsSitfcB

Everyone we have is better than him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:27 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsIllinoisblue

To play where, exactly?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:28 - Aug 26 with 2712 viewsChurchman

A no from me. This is a week in week out ham and egg league. He’s not the type of player that’d improve us in my view. If I have any concerns, it’s still up front -another goalscorer. Something a little different.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:30 - Aug 26 with 2704 viewshomer_123

I feel it would be a step in the wrong direction for both club and player as things stand.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:40 - Aug 26 with 2649 viewsStewart27

No
Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:45 - Aug 26 with 2636 viewsTerra_Farma

Complete indifference
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on loan on 00:23 - Aug 27 with 2552 viewsWhos_blue

Nah.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Andre Dozzell on loan on 03:17 - Aug 27 with 2431 viewsibbleobble

Pffft. When he moves on from QPR which will be relatively soon, he’ll either drift amongst Championship try hards cameoing from the bench or drop to a league one club and disappear into obscurity. It’s a definite no from me.

Best thing for Dozzell’s career imo would be a move abroad to a Dutch or Belgian league.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 06:20 - Aug 27 with 2295 viewsBlueBadger

Whilst I maintained(an still do) that he was(and probably still is) a player crying out for some proper coaching and structure around him, I don't see where he'd fit in here now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 07:17 - Aug 27 with 2122 viewsitfcjoe

I think under McKenna he’d really excel but if we are looking to bring in another CM, we need someone who can go box to box and get on the end of chances like Morsy has been to cover that role more. Evans and Ball cover the deep lying role well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 07:46 - Aug 27 with 1993 viewsArnieM

No thanks

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Andre Dozzell on loan on 07:58 - Aug 27 with 1957 viewsEly_Blue

https://tenor.com/view/i-think-that-ship-has-sailed-your-late-its-done-its-gone-
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 8:00]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:12 - Aug 27 with 1867 viewsfranz_tyson

Andre Dozzell on loan on 06:20 - Aug 27 by BlueBadger

Whilst I maintained(an still do) that he was(and probably still is) a player crying out for some proper coaching and structure around him, I don't see where he'd fit in here now.

At what age before Dozzell can be judged without blame on the coaching?

He's had an advantage more than most - his father is an ex-pro and so advice/coaching should be close at hand. He's played age level england level where he must have got coaching. How much is player development down to coaching and how much is it down to the player themselves? Personally, I don't think he's physically strong enough - especially L1.
Dozzell needs now to stand on his own two feet and not rely on his potential anymore. No team is not going to build a team around him - it's up to him now to become a proper pro and do a job for a team. I wouldn't swap any of Evans or Ball for him. Good luck to him at QPR.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:16 - Aug 27 with 1836 viewsDJR

I'm inclined to think he doesn't have the athleticism that McK wants, whether or not he would fit in for other reasons.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 8:19]
Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:29 - Aug 27 with 1771 viewsOsborneOneNil

Not for me. Average, at best.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:35 - Aug 27 with 1731 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on loan on 23:21 - Aug 26 by SitfcB

Everyone we have is better than him.

Why did QPR sign him for £1m, play him more than Dominic Ball last season and then release Ball if that were the case?

Although it was this time last year that everyone was saying Harper was better than Dozzell

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:42 - Aug 27 with 1699 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:35 - Aug 27 by itfcjoe

Why did QPR sign him for £1m, play him more than Dominic Ball last season and then release Ball if that were the case?

Although it was this time last year that everyone was saying Harper was better than Dozzell

Do you think somewhere abroad would suit his game more?
Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:51 - Aug 27 with 1652 viewsParky

Nah, you’re alright. “He’s too good for League One” 🤥
Andre Dozzell on loan on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 1480 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on loan on 07:17 - Aug 27 by itfcjoe

I think under McKenna he’d really excel but if we are looking to bring in another CM, we need someone who can go box to box and get on the end of chances like Morsy has been to cover that role more. Evans and Ball cover the deep lying role well

I agree that KM could make a difference with Dozzell at this level with our current style of play. But I wouldn't want a loan signing taking the place of any of our current 4 CM's.

Would need to be a loan with an option to buy if we did take him.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 10:02]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Andre Dozzell on loan on 10:01 - Aug 27 with 1468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Andre Dozzell on loan on 06:20 - Aug 27 by BlueBadger

Agree, he's 23 years old now with 7 years of first team football behind him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Andre Dozzell on loan on 10:40 - Aug 27 with 1337 viewsitfcsuth

Not sure he has the physical capabilities/attributes for this side.

Tended to find Dozzell had a lot of style without substance.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 11:15 - Aug 27 with 1245 viewsChurchman

Andre Dozzell on loan on 08:12 - Aug 27 by franz_tyson

At what age before Dozzell can be judged without blame on the coaching?

He's had an advantage more than most - his father is an ex-pro and so advice/coaching should be close at hand. He's played age level england level where he must have got coaching. How much is player development down to coaching and how much is it down to the player themselves? Personally, I don't think he's physically strong enough - especially L1.
Dozzell needs now to stand on his own two feet and not rely on his potential anymore. No team is not going to build a team around him - it's up to him now to become a proper pro and do a job for a team. I wouldn't swap any of Evans or Ball for him. Good luck to him at QPR.

This is where I am with him.

When I first saw him play I thought he’d be a much better player than his dad. It hasn’t happened. Yes, he’s had injuries and was at this club at its lowest.

However, he is 23 now, has had a lot of years in the professional game and more coaches than Galloways. QPR forum is very divided on him. Some think he is a waste of space, others the opposite. They think he can play sublime passes and split a team wide open or be utterly anonymous.

Maybe the right coach would make a difference. I’m not convinced. He is what he is and if consistency or certain aspects of his game need to be sorted, most of the effort has to come from him. He has to have that desire and that’s one thing you cannot coach into somebody.

My guess is he will become a better player as he gets older, but I can’t see him above Championship level at best. I hope I’m wrong and wish him well.
Andre Dozzell on loan on 11:39 - Aug 27 with 1174 viewstivo

What are you smoking?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024