Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike 09:37 - Dec 21 with 2468 viewshomer_123

Quite frankly, you shouldn't ever be getting that drunk you need A&E.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 09:50 - Dec 21 with 2413 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree but there's lots of things people shouldn't do that the NHS has to solve.

People are going to do it anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 09:57 - Dec 21 with 2377 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Probably best to avoid any dog poo related diseases too.
NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 09:57 - Dec 21 with 2380 viewsRobTheMonk

I ended up in A&E once when I was young, dumb and full of...

Had quite a bit to drink, walked out of the club and tripped with my hands in my pockets on a dodgy bit of pavement and smashed straight into the floor face first and pretty much KO'ed myself. Was alcohol to blame? Probably partly. I was morified afterwards and extremly apologetic. I had a concussion and cuts and bruises all over my face. How I never broke my nose or teeth, I will never know.

But more of an accident rather than drinking myself into a stomach-pumping stupour. But yes, a drink-related accident.

But it's not all black and white. There will be a proportion who have an alcohol addiction who will drink themselves into a coma. There's a mental health aspect with some alchol related admissions to A&E too, plus some genuine accidents. It's not all fights and stomach-pumping (which yes, will probably account for a larger proportion of admissions, but let's not treat every case the same).

I actually think that the drinking culture has gone down in the past 10 years. I was in a pub on a Saturday night a few weeks back and 10 years back it would have been rammed with p1ssheads. It was mildly busy. Probably a sign on the times as alcohol is not cheap these days.

But people go a bit crazy over Christmas...
NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 2351 viewsbluelagos

What's your issue here?

A concern for people's health or the use of public resources treating people engaged in activities you don't approve of?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 2344 viewsStokieBlue

Unfortunately, they are so strained at the moment that for most minor injuries the strike will make no difference to people.

It was heavily documented on social media a few days ago that an reasonably old lady slipped on ice at a local park and no ambulance came for over 7 hours. She had to be looked after by locals in the park and wasn't able to be moved via taxi.

For anything less than a major incident todays strike won't make a different to whether people get an ambulance or not. Once again, this isn't a criticism aimed at the health workers, this is totally on the government.

It's absolutely awful and the government need to stop messing around and look to fund these public services correctly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:14 - Dec 21 with 2264 viewshomer_123

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:05 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

What's your issue here?

A concern for people's health or the use of public resources treating people engaged in activities you don't approve of?

That, maybe, people take a modicum of personal responsibility.

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:18 - Dec 21 with 2234 viewsbluelagos

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:14 - Dec 21 by homer_123

That, maybe, people take a modicum of personal responsibility.

Does it impact you? And if not, why does it bother you how other people live their lives?

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:23 - Dec 21 with 2205 viewshomer_123

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:18 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

Does it impact you? And if not, why does it bother you how other people live their lives?

Yep, it does impact me, thanks Lagos.

Login to get fewer ads

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:35 - Dec 21 with 2160 viewsbluelagos

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:23 - Dec 21 by homer_123

Yep, it does impact me, thanks Lagos.

If you don't wish to publicly share I'll respect that and hope you've not been too badly impacted.

Appreciate alcohol can have uncredibly negative impact (drunk drivers/assualts etc.) whilst still believing it's not my place to judge or condemn people who drink without knowing the first reason as to why they drink.

People are all individuals, some people make poor choices and some people are dealing with things none of us know the first thing about. Insisting people "take responsibility" makes a nice soundbite, not sure it really helps people though.

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 12:11 - Dec 21 with 1947 viewsdickie

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:35 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

If you don't wish to publicly share I'll respect that and hope you've not been too badly impacted.

Appreciate alcohol can have uncredibly negative impact (drunk drivers/assualts etc.) whilst still believing it's not my place to judge or condemn people who drink without knowing the first reason as to why they drink.

People are all individuals, some people make poor choices and some people are dealing with things none of us know the first thing about. Insisting people "take responsibility" makes a nice soundbite, not sure it really helps people though.

Personally I would choose to use a bit of common sense seeing how stretched A&E and paramedics are, even without strike action. Someone close to me works as a clinician for 111, the media isn't telling us the half of it
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 15:56]
NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 14:10 - Dec 21 with 1801 viewsEdmundo

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 12:11 - Dec 21 by dickie

Personally I would choose to use a bit of common sense seeing how stretched A&E and paramedics are, even without strike action. Someone close to me works as a clinician for 111, the media isn't telling us the half of it
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 15:56]

Totally agree: perfect storm of strikes (government underfunding), a lack of GP appointments (government underfunding) and poor common sense/education as to what constitutes an actual emergency.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 14:50 - Dec 21 with 1743 viewsHARRY10

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:05 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

What's your issue here?

What's been issued ?
Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 15:05 - Dec 21 with 1734 viewsBlueBadger

Anecdotally, in the past fortnight I have encountered a young lady experiencing a potentially fatal bleeds being told by 999 to attend her GP, an unresponsive young person in what turned out to be a life-threatening diabetic coma who's family were told of a 12 hour wait and innumerable vulnerable disabled and elderly people who've had 6 hour plus waits following falls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 15:58 - Dec 21 with 1661 viewsdickie

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 15:05 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

Anecdotally, in the past fortnight I have encountered a young lady experiencing a potentially fatal bleeds being told by 999 to attend her GP, an unresponsive young person in what turned out to be a life-threatening diabetic coma who's family were told of a 12 hour wait and innumerable vulnerable disabled and elderly people who've had 6 hour plus waits following falls.

This morning in the East of England the wait for a category 3 ambulance was over 48 hours
Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 16:09 - Dec 21 with 1640 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 15:58 - Dec 21 by dickie

This morning in the East of England the wait for a category 3 ambulance was over 48 hours

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 24 hours of strike action by nurses and paramedics will do considerably less harm to patient safety than 12 years of Tory governments.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 16:26 - Dec 21 with 1623 viewsbluelagos

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 16:09 - Dec 21 by BlueBadger

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 24 hours of strike action by nurses and paramedics will do considerably less harm to patient safety than 12 years of Tory governments.

Indeed.

My Dad waited 5 hours for an ambulance (cat 2 call) in July then another 9 hours for a bed.

Fck all to do with ambulance strikes and/or people over drinking. Everything to do with under funding and a failing NHS.

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 17:16 - Dec 21 with 1563 viewsallezlesbleus

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 10:05 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

Unfortunately, they are so strained at the moment that for most minor injuries the strike will make no difference to people.

It was heavily documented on social media a few days ago that an reasonably old lady slipped on ice at a local park and no ambulance came for over 7 hours. She had to be looked after by locals in the park and wasn't able to be moved via taxi.

For anything less than a major incident todays strike won't make a different to whether people get an ambulance or not. Once again, this isn't a criticism aimed at the health workers, this is totally on the government.

It's absolutely awful and the government need to stop messing around and look to fund these public services correctly.

SB

On this theme, we had an elderly lady who was taken very ill in our shop last Friday.

The ambulance came pretty quickly (less than half an hour) and rushed her to hospital.......where she had to wait, in the ambulance, with the 3 paramedics for 6 and a half hours until a bed became available. Remember also that last Friday was extremely cold.

Totally shocking..... a 93 year old lady has to wait so long and the fact that an ambulance and crew are taken out of action for so long.
Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 17:25 - Dec 21 with 1534 viewsJ2BLUE

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 16:26 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

Indeed.

My Dad waited 5 hours for an ambulance (cat 2 call) in July then another 9 hours for a bed.

Fck all to do with ambulance strikes and/or people over drinking. Everything to do with under funding and a failing NHS.

People over drinking doesn't help though does it?

I know you're all for individual freedom and I admire it but there are some things where a bit of consideration for the rest of society is just common decency.

Truly impaired.

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 17:31 - Dec 21 with 1512 viewsbluelagos

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 17:25 - Dec 21 by J2BLUE

People over drinking doesn't help though does it?

I know you're all for individual freedom and I admire it but there are some things where a bit of consideration for the rest of society is just common decency.

It doesn't help, clearly not.

But you could make the same argument of people who climb mountains, ride horses or motorbikes. When it goes wrong they are a drain on society, but we wouldn't ever seek to discourage those activities.

But I think what riles me (and am not suggesting you or the OP was doing this) is when politicians seek to deflect blame away from where it belongs - Rather than recognising the underfunding of the NHS - they blame the unions, blame the striking ambulance drivers, blame irresponsible NHS users (drinkers) which for me is deflection pure and simple.

That's not to say people shouldn't generally behave in a way that doesn't negatively impact on others, that goes without saying.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 17:34]

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 17:34 - Dec 21 with 1494 viewsJ2BLUE

Sadly, this is the case on non-strike strike days at the moment, too. on 17:31 - Dec 21 by bluelagos

It doesn't help, clearly not.

But you could make the same argument of people who climb mountains, ride horses or motorbikes. When it goes wrong they are a drain on society, but we wouldn't ever seek to discourage those activities.

But I think what riles me (and am not suggesting you or the OP was doing this) is when politicians seek to deflect blame away from where it belongs - Rather than recognising the underfunding of the NHS - they blame the unions, blame the striking ambulance drivers, blame irresponsible NHS users (drinkers) which for me is deflection pure and simple.

That's not to say people shouldn't generally behave in a way that doesn't negatively impact on others, that goes without saying.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 17:34]

Agree, underfunding is the big issue.

Truly impaired.

NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 17:40 - Dec 21 with 1470 viewsBloomBlue

Just been at my OAP Christmas drinks, been there since 11am normally I would dial 999 for an ambulance (taxi) as im pissed but the feckers have said no ambulance. So me old mucker has just phoned up to say I'm having a heart attack, which I would have if I had to pay for a taxi. What's wrong with the ambulance bods I paid my taxes for 50 years,how many others have/will pay taxes for 50 years ...
NHS Bosses have stated: Don't get so drunk you need A&E during the strike on 18:24 - Dec 21 with 1429 viewsOldsmoker

To be fair, some people who haven't drunk enough to be classed as drunk accidentally fall over and land on objects that get stuck up their butt.
NHS bosses haven't asked people to avoid this activity so I guess these people are welcome at A and E.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024