Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? 18:30 - Feb 5 with 1998 viewsringwoodblue

Of all the colours they could choose, why choose the colours of their Manchester rivals?

Can you imagine Town announcing a green and yellow away kit?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:34 - Feb 5 with 1951 viewsArnieM

Red and black strip shirts? I’m sure Man City had that kit decades ago …

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:34 - Feb 5 with 1946 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure what they wore today but red and black stripes have been a Man City change kit for over fifty years - and often seen at Portman Road

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:37 - Feb 5 with 1941 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:34 - Feb 5 by ArnieM

Red and black strip shirts? I’m sure Man City had that kit decades ago …

They has one in the 90s for sure, and probably earlier examples.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:37 - Feb 5 with 1942 viewsBigCommon

Been their traditional away colors for decades.. Pretty sure they wore red and black stripes in the '81 cup semi, verses Town.
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:40 - Feb 5 with 1900 viewsPhilTWTD

We did have yellow and blue back in the day!
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:45 - Feb 5 with 1872 viewsTrumptonBlue

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:37 - Feb 5 by BigCommon

Been their traditional away colors for decades.. Pretty sure they wore red and black stripes in the '81 cup semi, verses Town.

Indeed they did. And they won the 1969 FA Cup final in red and black.
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:51 - Feb 5 with 1847 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s their classic. They’ve had 21 black and red kits since 1971 when they had their first. All have been stripes in a similar style apart from 2 checked ones. Although it was 2011/12 when they had their last one, so it’s no surprise some might not realise.

What I didn’t know was that their original away kit from 1950, when the first change kits turned up, through to 1970 was burgundy with thinner white stripes. Every season that was (seemingly, kit manufacturers hadn’t learned about fleecing the fans back then).

Edit - link https://www.footballshirtculture.com/kit-design/manchester-city-kit-history-from
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 18:51]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:54 - Feb 5 with 1829 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:40 - Feb 5 by PhilTWTD

Bloody lush it was too (as we say down here). A vibrant yellow, not puss-like like those misfits up the road. More Brazil than tattered canary.

Login to get fewer ads

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:13 - Feb 5 with 1771 viewsGeoffSentence

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:54 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

Bloody lush it was too (as we say down here). A vibrant yellow, not puss-like like those misfits up the road. More Brazil than tattered canary.

He wears it so well. Just look at that posture.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:15 - Feb 5 with 1760 viewsBloomBlue

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:40 - Feb 5 by PhilTWTD

And it was canary yellow
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:29 - Feb 5 with 1724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:13 - Feb 5 by GeoffSentence

He wears it so well. Just look at that posture.

Proper player.

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:45 - Feb 5 with 1690 viewsArnieM

We sure did, and I wish the club would adopt it again . Yellow jersey , bike trim, blue shorts, yellow sox with blue trim. Just like the Arsenal kit vs us in ‘78 FA Cup final.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 20:39 - Feb 5 with 1593 viewsIllinoisblue

They’ve been wearing red and black since at least the 1960s

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 20:40 - Feb 5 with 1582 viewsMullet

Wash your mouth out! That kit is Tumeric.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 21:04 - Feb 5 with 1537 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:54 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

It is a lovely strip, but never again please - too easy for us to be trolled into oblivion in the social media age.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:16 - Feb 5 with 1417 viewsMattinLondon

Man Utd regularly have a blue away kit - admittedly not sky blue - but some of their away kits have been a lighter shade of blue.
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:29 - Feb 5 with 1407 viewsMattinLondon

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 21:04 - Feb 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

It is a lovely strip, but never again please - too easy for us to be trolled into oblivion in the social media age.

Who cares what a bunch of idiots say onTwitter or Facebook?
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:40 - Feb 5 with 1394 viewsDeano69

Don’t remember Burt Reynolds playing for Town.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:59 - Feb 5 with 1379 viewsMattinLondon

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:40 - Feb 5 by Deano69

Don’t remember Burt Reynolds playing for Town.

Burt, in the 70s was the player. But indulged in a lot of skullduggery. Ended his playing days in the USA where upon retirement opened the best little whorehouse in Texas.
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 01:20 - Feb 6 with 1338 viewsChurchman

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 18:37 - Feb 5 by BigCommon

They did. I also saw them play in that earlier in the 70s and I think that was what they were wearing for the Cup Final against Leicester in the late 60s.
Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 07:45 - Feb 6 with 1176 viewsCityBlue

Thier rivals original colours were green/yellow

I T I D

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 08:24 - Feb 6 with 1133 viewscatch74

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 19:15 - Feb 5 by BloomBlue

And it was canary yellow

that’s Australian gold and don’t you fxxcking forget it.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 08:40 - Feb 6 with 1119 viewsBeattie78

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:16 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

Man Utd regularly have a blue away kit - admittedly not sky blue - but some of their away kits have been a lighter shade of blue.

Man U wore blue when they won the European Cup at Wembley in 1968. I was at the game wearing my blue & white Town scarf

LexdenBlue62

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 09:32 - Feb 6 with 1067 viewsGeoffSentence

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 23:29 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

Who cares what a bunch of idiots say onTwitter or Facebook?

Other idiots on twitter and facebook.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why would Man City choose a red and black away kit? on 09:52 - Feb 6 with 1023 viewsFifeITFC

Tell me you're not a football fan without telling me you're not a football fan.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024