Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY 14:51 - Mar 20 with 1774 viewsclive_baker

WE'RE THE FAMOUS IPSWICH TOWN, AND WE'RE GOING TO WEM-BER-LEY

WEM-BER-LEY

WEM-BER-LEY

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:01 - Mar 20 with 1723 viewsJuggsy

Respectfully I'd rather we don't see Wembley at all this year thanks ....
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:02 - Mar 20 with 1718 viewshomer_123

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:01 - Mar 20 by Juggsy

15th again! Grrrrrr

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 1685 viewshoppy

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:02 - Mar 20 by homer_123

15th again! Grrrrrr

I think that ship has already sailed for this season.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:17 - Mar 20 with 1666 viewshomer_123

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:09 - Mar 20 by hoppy

I think that ship has already sailed for this season.

Shocking season isn't it.

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 1645 viewshoppy

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:17 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Shocking season isn't it.

I know. When was the last time we had to give up on 15th this early before the end of the season?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:22 - Mar 20 with 1634 viewshomer_123

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:20 - Mar 20 by hoppy

I know. When was the last time we had to give up on 15th this early before the end of the season?

2 steps forward 1 back....

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 16:07 - Mar 20 with 1562 viewsnorfsufblue

At Portman Road there is no fatigue,
C'mon boys let's win the league!😉👍

As quoted by Mr Johnny Cobnut!
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 16:17 - Mar 20 with 1523 viewsblueasfook

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:01 - Mar 20 by Juggsy

I would - as long as we win of course. ITFC have not had a trip to new Wembley yet

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 16:49 - Mar 20 with 1479 viewstextbackup

Can’t wait to sing ‘flying high’ at the playoff semi when we are 3-0 up, to be looked at like I’m singing in Chinese with people having no idea what the words are

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 17:07 - Mar 20 with 1431 viewsSitfcB

We’re out of all the cups?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 17:31 - Mar 20 with 1368 viewsclive_baker

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 16:49 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Can’t wait to sing ‘flying high’ at the playoff semi when we are 3-0 up, to be looked at like I’m singing in Chinese with people having no idea what the words are

UP IN THE SKY, WE'LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH. FROM PORTMAN ROAD TO WEM-BER-LEY, WE'LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH.

QUE SERA SERA, whatever will be will be, we're going to Wem-ber-ley, que sera sera.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 06:42 - Mar 21 with 1211 viewsITFC_History

The 22 year gap between the cup final & our play off Final in 2000 seemed a life time. But the the 23 year gap from that Barnsley game to now seems less so.

The joys of getting older
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 07:57 - Mar 21 with 1104 viewstextbackup

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 17:31 - Mar 20 by clive_baker

UP IN THE SKY, WE'LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH. FROM PORTMAN ROAD TO WEM-BER-LEY, WE'LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH.

QUE SERA SERA, whatever will be will be, we're going to Wem-ber-ley, que sera sera.

Hours and hours singing those as a young teen. Great memories

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:13 - Mar 21 with 1039 viewsfarkenhell

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 07:57 - Mar 21 by textbackup

Hours and hours singing those as a young teen. Great memories

I still remember as a youngster standing at the Clock End at Highbury in the '78 semi-final. When Warky headed the third goal, it seemed like everybody immediately started singing Que Sera Sera and didn't stop for what seemed like an hour or so after the final whistle. 20,000 fans all singing the same song over and over, with the players going mental on the pitch.

About 10 years later, I met another Town fan at University. We were floundering in the second division then and we started to reminisce about the good times. One of the first things he mentioned (and without any prompting from me) was Que Sera Sera at the '78 semi. Not the final, nor the Uefa Cup winning side a couple of years later, in fact nothing else about the semi-final - other than that song, the spontaneity and the pride and joy we both felt from everybody singing it for such a long time.
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 990 viewsPinewoodblue

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 16:17 - Mar 20 by blueasfook

I would - as long as we win of course. ITFC have not had a trip to new Wembley yet

May 2024 Championship play off final. Town’s first appearance at not so new new Wembley.

Def info.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:33 - Mar 21 with 978 viewsnorfsufblue

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:13 - Mar 21 by farkenhell

I still remember as a youngster standing at the Clock End at Highbury in the '78 semi-final. When Warky headed the third goal, it seemed like everybody immediately started singing Que Sera Sera and didn't stop for what seemed like an hour or so after the final whistle. 20,000 fans all singing the same song over and over, with the players going mental on the pitch.

About 10 years later, I met another Town fan at University. We were floundering in the second division then and we started to reminisce about the good times. One of the first things he mentioned (and without any prompting from me) was Que Sera Sera at the '78 semi. Not the final, nor the Uefa Cup winning side a couple of years later, in fact nothing else about the semi-final - other than that song, the spontaneity and the pride and joy we both felt from everybody singing it for such a long time.

Another thing about the 78 Cup run was singing Ipswich Ipswich to Auld lang syne for long periods right through the entire series of games.... and at Portman Rd the whole ground joined in... it really was awesome inspiring!
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 954 viewsHeathlander

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:13 - Mar 21 by farkenhell

My two favourite ever Town games were the 1978 semi final and the Bolton play off semi 2nd leg. Enjoyed both more than the finals.
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 10:36 - Mar 21 with 890 viewssolemio

Surely you know it's spelt WEMBURLEY.
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:01 - Mar 21 with 793 viewsshaunmahony

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 09:33 - Mar 21 by norfsufblue

Another thing about the 78 Cup run was singing Ipswich Ipswich to Auld lang syne for long periods right through the entire series of games.... and at Portman Rd the whole ground joined in... it really was awesome inspiring!

was it Auld Lang or Amazing Grace which "Ipswich, Ipswich..." was brilliant from the Town fans in the Holt End in the 1975 semi final v West Ham -I was sat around the half way line and the continuous noise was awesome
WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 20:02 - Mar 21 with 687 viewsnorfsufblue

WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY on 15:01 - Mar 21 by shaunmahony

was it Auld Lang or Amazing Grace which "Ipswich, Ipswich..." was brilliant from the Town fans in the Holt End in the 1975 semi final v West Ham -I was sat around the half way line and the continuous noise was awesome

Apologies you're spot on ..of course it was Amazing Grace.... it was spine tingling though when everyone joined in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024