Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. 19:24 - Apr 13 with 1774 viewsTheBoyBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65159584

That's quite a fall. Imagine only having 12 league wins in 2 seasons to celebrate. Grim.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 1717 viewsyorkshireblue

Colleague supports them so been following this closely… They nearly went out of business earlier in the season, and had a transfer embargo.

They are in such a state that all card transactions are banned - so he’s just renewed his season ticket paying in cash.
Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 1669 viewscbower

Shame. Had a trial there in 1983 or 84 when Allan Sniffer Clarke was boss. Took my lad to his first ever game at Glanford Park when Keane was Town boss in the Championship. 1-1 iirc.

bluescouser

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 1632 viewsBlueBadger

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:39 - Apr 13 by cbower

Shame. Had a trial there in 1983 or 84 when Allan Sniffer Clarke was boss. Took my lad to his first ever game at Glanford Park when Keane was Town boss in the Championship. 1-1 iirc.

Did that find you guilty?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

I saw this amongst all the Wrexham live in over the weekend. Crazy isn’t it to think we were playing them in the Championship about 10 years ago. That’s a real fall from grace.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 1585 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:51 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

I saw this amongst all the Wrexham live in over the weekend. Crazy isn’t it to think we were playing them in the Championship about 10 years ago. That’s a real fall from grace.

Just noticed Yeovil as well are in danger of going down too and we were playing them in the Championship even more recently. With Torquay also in the relegation zone, it looks like the National League is a bit of a graveyard for a lot of former league clubs.

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 1575 viewscbower

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:45 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Did that find you guilty?

No, just not good enough!

bluescouser

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 20:18 - Apr 13 with 1529 viewsjontysnut

I watch Farsley Celtic in NPL North. Assuming they stay up it's slightly mad that Scunthorpe will be playing what is essentially a village side.
Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 20:20 - Apr 13 with 1518 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 19:30 - Apr 13 by yorkshireblue

Colleague supports them so been following this closely… They nearly went out of business earlier in the season, and had a transfer embargo.

They are in such a state that all card transactions are banned - so he’s just renewed his season ticket paying in cash.

That's a pity, as they always seemed like such a well run club in years gone by, punching above their weight in the Championship.

Login to get fewer ads

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:08 - Apr 13 with 1370 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 20:03 - Apr 13 by TheBoyBlue

Just noticed Yeovil as well are in danger of going down too and we were playing them in the Championship even more recently. With Torquay also in the relegation zone, it looks like the National League is a bit of a graveyard for a lot of former league clubs.

None more so than Notts County of course. In the early 80s when I was a kid they were a regular feature in my Panini album of the top league. League winners and FA Cup winners too, but going back a bit into the 19th Century!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:50 - Apr 13 with 1292 viewsMelford

Oldham in 15th. I remember Oldham being in the Prem for a couple of seasons under BFJ and getting to FA Cup Semi Finals. That's a hell of a fall too.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:57 - Apr 13 with 1270 viewsclive_baker

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:50 - Apr 13 by Melford

Oldham in 15th. I remember Oldham being in the Prem for a couple of seasons under BFJ and getting to FA Cup Semi Finals. That's a hell of a fall too.

The National League is nuts, some pretty decent sized clubs playing down there. York, Oldham, Southend not even in the playoffs. Scunthorpe, Yeovil, Torquay could all drop out of it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 22:27 - Apr 13 with 1188 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:57 - Apr 13 by clive_baker

The National League is nuts, some pretty decent sized clubs playing down there. York, Oldham, Southend not even in the playoffs. Scunthorpe, Yeovil, Torquay could all drop out of it.

I guess since 2 could go down it has opened the trapdoor for more and as we see with relegation from the PL and Championship there is no guarantee of going back up if you're not run properly, especially as there are lots of 'smaller' clubs being run well and filling the gap.

It's still surprising to see some of those clubs struggling so much all the way down there. If Evans had stayed on, I suppose it wasn't beyond the realms that it could've been us in a few years time.

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 00:24 - Apr 14 with 1066 viewsGuthrum

Doesn't seem so long ago that we were playing them in the Championship.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 0:25]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 05:56 - Apr 14 with 969 viewshoppy

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 22:27 - Apr 13 by TheBoyBlue

I guess since 2 could go down it has opened the trapdoor for more and as we see with relegation from the PL and Championship there is no guarantee of going back up if you're not run properly, especially as there are lots of 'smaller' clubs being run well and filling the gap.

It's still surprising to see some of those clubs struggling so much all the way down there. If Evans had stayed on, I suppose it wasn't beyond the realms that it could've been us in a few years time.

Luton spent 5 seasons down there from 2009, having dropped straight through from Championship in consecutive seasons from 2006/7 with 3 relegations… and they’re now knocking on the door of the Premier League, which looks to have been quite a roller coaster!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 06:10 - Apr 14 with 959 viewsKropotkin123

Crazy to think how far Will Smith has fallen after the Chris Rock incident.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 08:21 - Apr 14 with 796 viewsTrumptonBlue

Hadn't realised that Scunthorpe had been relegated again. on 21:57 - Apr 13 by clive_baker

It seems reasonably likely that Southend will drop out of existence next week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024