Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… 20:52 - May 16 with 2214 viewsunstableblue

… good in spells but they’ve allowed Luton to dominate at times, and that has really fired up the home crowd and with the goals it’s intimidating for the away team..

Luton fans targeting Diallo and he’s rattled by it

Mogga got a huge task at half time to turn this around

I want them to win… but also do like a Stadium of Light away day!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 21:42 - May 16 with 2100 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Luton are very direct, get lots of players in the box - very old school, but they are good at it. Mackems are trying to play a more modern passing game, but their movement looks poor - they don't run for each other, don't get overloads, and are really struggling to find a way through.
I reckon the current Town team would find it a challenge to break down Luton, but honestly think we are better than Sunderland in every area. Watching this level of football just makes me more and more confident - we are coached so well it's just disappointing watching other teams at the level above. Roll on 23/24.

Poll: would you rather

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 21:54 - May 16 with 2015 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thought you were going to talk about Inter and Milan for a second there. Inter would give us a game. I’m not sure about AC Milan though - rubbish tonight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:05 - May 16 with 1948 viewswhymark4lazio0

Tom Lockyer (Luton) just said on Sky- we had to mix it up and be horrible and dirty. Says it all. Luton don't play football, they go to war.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:06 - May 16 with 1935 viewsVegtablue

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 21:42 - May 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

Luton are very direct, get lots of players in the box - very old school, but they are good at it. Mackems are trying to play a more modern passing game, but their movement looks poor - they don't run for each other, don't get overloads, and are really struggling to find a way through.
I reckon the current Town team would find it a challenge to break down Luton, but honestly think we are better than Sunderland in every area. Watching this level of football just makes me more and more confident - we are coached so well it's just disappointing watching other teams at the level above. Roll on 23/24.

Unpopular opinion but I was impressed by a fair few players and thought it looked a step up!
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:29 - May 16 with 1806 viewsNthQldITFC

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 21:42 - May 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

Yeah. Pretty much every Championship game I've watched this season, I've thought Town would win. Mind you a few of those have been games involving a really crap team in yellow.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I agree! A lot of blue goggles on tonight on 22:33 - May 16 with 1785 viewsunstableblue

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:06 - May 16 by Vegtablue

Unpopular opinion but I was impressed by a fair few players and thought it looked a step up!

Luton we’re very physical and incredibly strong and well organised at the back, but also every player also had a good touch and was able to work in tight situations

Sunderland struggled with the physicality and the Luton defence, but do move the ball well.., they were just too green and young and got blown away by the Luton home crowd!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:33 - May 16 with 1778 viewsDavoIPB

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:06 - May 16 by Vegtablue

Correct opinion in my view. This game is a step up from how we have been playing this season. Apart from maybe Bolton and Barnsley games.
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:46 - May 16 with 1724 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many goals have we scored from crosses and headers this year?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

I agree! A lot of blue goggles on tonight on 22:56 - May 16 with 1699 viewsChurchman

I agree! A lot of blue goggles on tonight on 22:33 - May 16 by unstableblue

Luton we’re very physical and incredibly strong and well organised at the back, but also every player also had a good touch and was able to work in tight situations

Sunderland struggled with the physicality and the Luton defence, but do move the ball well.., they were just too green and young and got blown away by the Luton home crowd!!

I saw the SoL game but not tonight’s. From what I saw of Luton this season they play a 21c version of Wimbledon (who actually had some skill in amongst the animals). There is room for this sort of football, but not of course in the PL. if they make it, they’ll be relegated with ease, but with lots of £££.

I have been impressed with Sunderland last few games. They pulled Luton all over the place and whoever they were playing the other day. They are a young side and if TM can enhance/add, they’ll be a force next season.

As for the Championship, it’s obviously stronger than L1, but I don’t think the top sides of L1 are inferior to let’s say bottom half of the Championship, having seen a number of the teams playing. We’ve a real chance of hurting teams next season, with the odd tweak and squad strengthening.

I’m looking forward to it.
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 23:01 - May 16 with 1678 viewsSimonds92

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:46 - May 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

From crosses and set pieces? I believe the correct terminology is a metric fùçktonne.
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 08:47 - May 17 with 1432 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 22:46 - May 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well you ain't getting any from the right.
If its above knee height it's in the stands for a goalkick. ( apart from one lofted cross In pre season for ladapo)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:04 - May 17 with 1405 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 08:47 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Well you ain't getting any from the right.
If its above knee height it's in the stands for a goalkick. ( apart from one lofted cross In pre season for ladapo)

I'm not at all bothered how they go in but watching Luton's 2 goals last night it crossed my mind that I couldn’t remember us scoring many of that sort....although we did let a few in early doors.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:12 - May 17 with 1386 viewstractorboy1978

I thought it was a good advert for the step up in opposition levels of athleticism, pace and physicality. But I watched that and thought we could compete perfectly well against both sides.

Diallo was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I'd love it if we can sign a player of that sort of standard on loan next season, elevates the whole team to a different level.
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:28 - May 17 with 1345 viewsdirtyboy

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:12 - May 17 by tractorboy1978

I thought it was a good advert for the step up in opposition levels of athleticism, pace and physicality. But I watched that and thought we could compete perfectly well against both sides.

Diallo was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I'd love it if we can sign a player of that sort of standard on loan next season, elevates the whole team to a different level.

I thought it was a good quality game, the pace of that game was very high temp and physically, Luton were massive and had quality in there.

Sunderland obviously had more of the ball, but other than the first 10 and last 10 didn't really look dangerous in and around their goal.

Luton we superbly organised, fast, physical, direct and a good 'team' we'd struggle against them for sure.
This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:38 - May 17 with 1323 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:28 - May 17 by dirtyboy

I thought it was a good quality game, the pace of that game was very high temp and physically, Luton were massive and had quality in there.

Sunderland obviously had more of the ball, but other than the first 10 and last 10 didn't really look dangerous in and around their goal.

Luton we superbly organised, fast, physical, direct and a good 'team' we'd struggle against them for sure.

Must admit. Whilst we've got used to seeing our backline playing football at the back. I don't think Burgess personally would deal with that level of press and the longlivity of it comfortably.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is two teams that would give us a real test.. Black Cats have been… on 09:51 - May 17 with 1304 viewsSomethingBlue

McKenna will have watched Luton off the ball last night and thought: "That's the level". They were something else.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024