Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. 17:59 - Jun 30 with 3453 viewsnoggin

Imagine if hundreds of people were losing their lives in European seas...

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:13 - Jun 30 with 2653 viewsfactual_blue

LYFE BOARTS SHUD LEAF THEM TOO DROWEN

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:22 - Jun 30 with 2635 viewsNthQldITFC

Or indeed if said seas were quietly absorbing thermal energy which they will later give back in melted ice, released methane, mega-storms, high cloud loads, collapsed ecosystems, etc., etc., etc..

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:30 - Jun 30 with 2609 viewsnoggin

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:22 - Jun 30 by NthQldITFC

Or indeed if said seas were quietly absorbing thermal energy which they will later give back in melted ice, released methane, mega-storms, high cloud loads, collapsed ecosystems, etc., etc., etc..

Yeah but I had a bet on the Grand National.

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:45 - Jun 30 with 2567 viewsgtsb1966

It's not a competition.
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:46 - Jun 30 with 2558 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thousands of migrants are losing their lives in European seas. Not hundreds.

Their lives are worth much more than you using them to play drowning top trumps. You dishonour them every time you use their tragic deaths to score points on a football message board.

Crawl back under your rock.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 18:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:49 - Jun 30 with 2534 viewsnoggin

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:45 - Jun 30 by gtsb1966

It's not a competition.

If it was, we know who would win.

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:00 - Jun 30 with 2494 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Plus the media won't tell you anything about France riots where it's escalating.

Utter chaos over there.
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:02 - Jun 30 with 2486 viewsRyorry

You seem oblivious to the fact that your starting a thread about it on a social media platform means you are adding to the "banging on" about it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:05 - Jun 30 with 2477 viewsnoggin

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:02 - Jun 30 by Ryorry

You seem oblivious to the fact that your starting a thread about it on a social media platform means you are adding to the "banging on" about it.

Ah ok, we'll just let it happen then. Keep quiet and it'll be okay.

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:08 - Jun 30 with 2462 viewsgtsb1966

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:49 - Jun 30 by noggin

If it was, we know who would win.

The Titan sub story was big news when it was apparent it was in trouble and therefore the recovery is also in the news. In a week it will be yesterdays news. The immigration policy of this awful government , tragic deaths trying to cross the Med and the channel crossings are also big news and media news stories are reporting on this subject every day and it wont go away. Started before the sub tragedy and will go on long after. ....but you know that.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 19:13]
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:20 - Jun 30 with 2398 viewsitfcjoe

And you’re still banging on about the media

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 21:16 - Jun 30 with 2227 viewsSwansea_Blue

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:20 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

And you’re still banging on about the media

He’s got a bit of point in general, although I’m not sure a comparison between the two is helpful (different things, different reasons why the sub would be considered more newsworthy which has nothing to do with migrants).

The media are a large part of the reason why some people have been turned against asylum seekers though, but that’s a slightly different issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

[Redacted] on 21:26 - Jun 30 with 2202 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 21:46 - Jun 30 with 2134 viewsRyorry

[Redacted] on 21:26 - Jun 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I usually get on well with Noggin, have no axe to grind with him, & can assure you that there was nothing personal whatsoever in my reaction (though I didn't downvote the OP, only his uncalled for follow-up).

[Redacted] on 21:54 - Jun 30 with 2083 viewsvictorywilhappen

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 21:46 - Jun 30 by Ryorry

I usually get on well with Noggin, have no axe to grind with him, & can assure you that there was nothing personal whatsoever in my reaction (though I didn't downvote the OP, only his uncalled for follow-up).

[Redacted]
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 21:58 - Jun 30 with 2060 viewsRyorry

[Redacted] on 21:54 - Jun 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You could always try reading my reply, and that of GB's (which I upvoted).

Edit: And btw, I downvoted you because your assumption that anyone downvoting Noggin could only be as a personal attack, was actually in itself a derogatory personal attack.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 22:08]

[Redacted] on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 2032 viewsvictorywilhappen

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 21:58 - Jun 30 by Ryorry

You could always try reading my reply, and that of GB's (which I upvoted).

Edit: And btw, I downvoted you because your assumption that anyone downvoting Noggin could only be as a personal attack, was actually in itself a derogatory personal attack.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 22:08]

[Redacted]
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 22:13 - Jun 30 with 2005 viewsRyorry

[Redacted] on 22:03 - Jun 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Your response here & in your previous one too make you the only one whose engaging in personal attacks. Your refusal to accept what I said is defamatory & reprehensible. Never had a problem with you before, but you're clearly not the decent person I had thought you were.

[Redacted] on 22:29 - Jun 30 with 1924 viewsvictorywilhappen

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 22:13 - Jun 30 by Ryorry

Your response here & in your previous one too make you the only one whose engaging in personal attacks. Your refusal to accept what I said is defamatory & reprehensible. Never had a problem with you before, but you're clearly not the decent person I had thought you were.

[Redacted]
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 22:32 - Jun 30 with 1911 viewsStNeotsBlue

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 19:00 - Jun 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Plus the media won't tell you anything about France riots where it's escalating.

Utter chaos over there.

I have been driving my taxi for about 10 hours, the trouble and French government calls for everyone to stay in was mentioned on every news report on Radio 2 and 6Music.
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 22:48 - Jun 30 with 1860 viewsSwansea_Blue

[Redacted] on 21:26 - Jun 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Must admit I’m struggling to see the rationale for the attacks (too strong a word) on Noggin. I don’t think the OP is particularly logical (as I said above), but it’s coming from a genuine place criticising how our media’s approach to refugees is pretty disgusting. Which it is. Who knows, maybe I’ve misread the thread.

Anyhow, LegoLand. Poor barsteward, you’re in a far better mood than I would be .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 07:33 - Jul 1 with 1687 viewsGlasgowBlue

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 22:48 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

Must admit I’m struggling to see the rationale for the attacks (too strong a word) on Noggin. I don’t think the OP is particularly logical (as I said above), but it’s coming from a genuine place criticising how our media’s approach to refugees is pretty disgusting. Which it is. Who knows, maybe I’ve misread the thread.

Anyhow, LegoLand. Poor barsteward, you’re in a far better mood than I would be .

Because this thread doesn’t come from a position of empathy towards the poor souls who lose their lives trying to cross the med in search of safety and a better life. Just a few weeks ago hundreds of migrants lost their lives after the capsizing of the Adriana in waters off the coast of Greece. There was a thread discussing the tragedy. Not a peep from Noggin. No angle for him their to fight class warfare on a football message board.

He’s using drowned migrants as a political football in order to score points against the people who lost their lives on the Titan. Because they were wealthy.

Migrants aren’t tools to be used in class warfare.

Edit. That’s not me telling you that migrants aren’t tools to be used in class warfare btw. I recall you contributing to the thread on the Adriana, and other threads.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 8:01]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 08:06 - Jul 1 with 1615 viewsZapers

I think you must love the sound of your continuous moaning.
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 08:10 - Jul 1 with 1609 viewsZapers

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 07:33 - Jul 1 by GlasgowBlue

Because this thread doesn’t come from a position of empathy towards the poor souls who lose their lives trying to cross the med in search of safety and a better life. Just a few weeks ago hundreds of migrants lost their lives after the capsizing of the Adriana in waters off the coast of Greece. There was a thread discussing the tragedy. Not a peep from Noggin. No angle for him their to fight class warfare on a football message board.

He’s using drowned migrants as a political football in order to score points against the people who lost their lives on the Titan. Because they were wealthy.

Migrants aren’t tools to be used in class warfare.

Edit. That’s not me telling you that migrants aren’t tools to be used in class warfare btw. I recall you contributing to the thread on the Adriana, and other threads.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 8:01]

Precisely this.
And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 08:17 - Jul 1 with 1597 viewsDarth_Koont

And still the media is banging on about the Titan sub. on 18:46 - Jun 30 by GlasgowBlue

Thousands of migrants are losing their lives in European seas. Not hundreds.

Their lives are worth much more than you using them to play drowning top trumps. You dishonour them every time you use their tragic deaths to score points on a football message board.

Crawl back under your rock.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 18:48]

Wait a minute …

Why are YOU point-scoring here?

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024