Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. 13:48 - Aug 18 with 3276 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66180606

Hospital chiefs spent months ignoring senior concerns. Sentencing on Monday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:03 - Aug 18 with 2553 viewsSWBlue22

Surely a whole life sentence.
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:04 - Aug 18 with 2549 viewsBlueBadger

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:03 - Aug 18 by SWBlue22

Surely a whole life sentence.

I'd imagine so.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:21 - Aug 18 with 2519 viewsIllinoisblue

May she rot in hell. From reading the in depth report on the BBC website, it sounds like some hospital managers should also be in prison.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:30 - Aug 18 with 2456 viewsfactual_blue

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:21 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

May she rot in hell. From reading the in depth report on the BBC website, it sounds like some hospital managers should also be in prison.

Will our moral guardians be demanding that other criminals beat her to death?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:41 - Aug 18 with 2412 viewsBlueBadger

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:30 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Only if said criminals are BRITISH ones.

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:50 - Aug 18 with 2377 viewsReus30

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:30 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Christ don't summon them....

I have deliberately stayed away from the trial as I can't even bring myself to read it. However, I read the released texts today and the parent's of the twins and I really wish I didn't.

She won't ever be free.
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:57 - Aug 18 with 2363 viewsWarkystache

She'll be sent to Broadmoor or Rampton - there's surely some serious mental illness involved there. Reminds me of Beverley Allitt in the late 80's

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:09 - Aug 18 with 2295 viewsBlueBadger

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:57 - Aug 18 by Warkystache

She'll be sent to Broadmoor or Rampton - there's surely some serious mental illness involved there. Reminds me of Beverley Allitt in the late 80's

I wouldn't be surprised if this brings about changes in drug administration and checking practice, much as happened in the wake of Shipman or Allitt

Login to get fewer ads

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:36 - Aug 18 with 2214 viewsHARRY10

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:09 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

I wouldn't be surprised if this brings about changes in drug administration and checking practice, much as happened in the wake of Shipman or Allitt

A desperately sad case, made worse by the knowledge that the thought will stay with the parents '-could something not have been done earlier' ?

That will undoubtedly come out in the inquiry that follows.

It's difficult in medical cases where so much trust is put on the staff involved. Clearly this woman has 'problems' it is not the behaviour of a rational person, never mind a woman. It is hard to know whether any treatment will ever work, and she will need to be detained for the rest of her life. She clearly has not accepted responsibility for her actions. Why put the parents through a long trial where it was obvious she was responsible.

However what is not needed from the usual sources is silly comments, seeking to outdo others in moral outrage. It does nothing to help staff working in this and other care facilities, nor help the grieving parents.

As said, a very, very sad case. I have to agree with someone above. I found much of the revelations harrowing and distressing. I cannot begin to imagine then what the parents have been going through. These sort of deaths never leave you (parents), however much they may appear to diminish with time.
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:37 - Aug 18 with 2212 viewsReus30

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:50 - Aug 18 by Reus30

Christ don't summon them....

I have deliberately stayed away from the trial as I can't even bring myself to read it. However, I read the released texts today and the parent's of the twins and I really wish I didn't.

She won't ever be free.

FFS, I just summoned them in my own workplace. People wanting to administer self justice and mentioning 'the yanks do justice right'....

Need to keep my head down, I am one step away from hearing talk about transgender rights and brexit.
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:52 - Aug 18 with 2165 viewsfactual_blue

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 14:41 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

Only if said criminals are BRITISH ones.

Not any of the millions of Albanian criminals who illegally land from their luxury yachts every day?

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 16:06 - Aug 18 with 2124 viewsSteve_M

It really is grim.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/countess-of-chester-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/revealed

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 16:58 - Aug 18 with 1981 viewsfactual_blue

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:09 - Aug 18 by BlueBadger

Not long after the Shipman case, I was talking to a chap who'd been involved in NHS auditing. They'd been sent to the NHS area in which Shipman worked as there were concerns about prescription practices in the area.

Shipman wasn't who they were concerned about....

This is all a bit.... on 17:21 - Aug 18 with 1934 viewsBloots

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:52 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Not any of the millions of Albanian criminals who illegally land from their luxury yachts every day?

....distasteful isn't it?

But I expect you two will probably try and justify it.

"I thought all you lads loved a bit of banta!?"

Maybe just have a day off, or even just a thread off. Think about it.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

This is all a bit.... on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 1891 viewsfactual_blue

This is all a bit.... on 17:21 - Aug 18 by Bloots

....distasteful isn't it?

But I expect you two will probably try and justify it.

"I thought all you lads loved a bit of banta!?"

Maybe just have a day off, or even just a thread off. Think about it.

Is it more or less distasteful than rampant ageism? You know, like asking if a verse in the Bible is the one that refers to a fellow poster?

And interesting you see the need to defend racism and vigilantism.

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 17:42 - Aug 18 with 1878 viewsthe_toff

One of those cases that’s so shocking and upsetting that I’ve actively avoided reading about it.
Much more distasteful than that.... on 17:42 - Aug 18 with 1870 viewsBloots

This is all a bit.... on 17:40 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Is it more or less distasteful than rampant ageism? You know, like asking if a verse in the Bible is the one that refers to a fellow poster?

And interesting you see the need to defend racism and vigilantism.

....quite obviously.

Show me where I've defended racism and vigilantism?

I'll wait.....

Much more distasteful than that.... on 18:00 - Aug 18 with 1793 viewsfactual_blue

Much more distasteful than that.... on 17:42 - Aug 18 by Bloots

....quite obviously.

Show me where I've defended racism and vigilantism?

I'll wait.....

You wait.

Your persistent rudeness towards me has led you to be added to Facters' List Of Irredeemable Morons.

Result!! Get in! (n/t) on 18:01 - Aug 18 with 1784 viewsBloots

Much more distasteful than that.... on 18:00 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

You wait.

Your persistent rudeness towards me has led you to be added to Facters' List Of Irredeemable Morons.

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:15 - Aug 18 with 1743 viewsgtsb1966

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 15:52 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

you and Badger need to have a word with yourselves .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 18:21]
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:19 - Aug 18 with 1735 viewsMJallday

She lived (and Her parents currently live) just over a mile
From me. As you can expect the place is buzzing with paps

Not the sort of breaking hereford news I like

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:23 - Aug 18 with 1707 viewsfactual_blue

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:15 - Aug 18 by gtsb1966

you and Badger need to have a word with yourselves .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 18:21]

It's not even hundreds

The man’s not fit to be in parliament by factual_blue 13 Aug 2023 22:22
You're not actually correct I'm afraid.

The highest number of Albanian arrivals by small boat arrivals in the UK was 9,037 in the third quarter of 2022. In Q1 and Q2 of the same year Albanians numbered 235 and 1,930 respectively. In Q4 the number dropped by to 1,099, and by Q1 of 2023 it was virtually nil. Since 2018 13,227 have arrived in the UK, 14.9% of all arrivals. Almost 50% of all arrivals come from Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Albanians only have a 34% chance of being granted asylum, whereas Afghans, Iranians, Eritreans have a 99% chance of being granted asylum, and Iranians 78%

And research shows that those arriving by small boat know nothing of UK immigration policies - or indeed those of any other country. One of the key factors in their decision to come here is the pre-existing diaspora (in other words we have already established populations from those countries/regions, largely because of our imperial past).

Try this source

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/people-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats/#:~:text=Nationals%20of%20five%20countries%20%E2%80%93%20Iran,between%202018%20and%20March%202023.

It's a research body at the University of Oxford

What do we need to have a word with ourselves about?

That we challenge nonsense?

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:27 - Aug 18 with 1683 viewsTresBonne

There is no reason why a person like this should not face the death sentence.
Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:30 - Aug 18 with 1671 viewsBlueBadger

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:27 - Aug 18 by TresBonne

Sure there is. It's because we're not barbarians stooping to her level.
I'm entirely cool with her spending the rest of her life looking over her shoulder in perpetual fear on my ticket.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 19:06]

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:42 - Aug 18 with 1609 viewsMullet

Lucy Letby found guilty on 7 charges murder. on 18:27 - Aug 18 by TresBonne

Apart from it not being legal in this country.

Once you permit it for an offence like this, the only way is regression further and further down the sentencing guidelines. Then you open up the risk of killing the innocent - see the bloke who lost most his adulthood thanks to GMP recently.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024