Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games 21:07 - Aug 22 with 3482 viewsjacobnikons

So you can't blame them for wanting to leave. Real pity as I think they are more than capable of doing a good job if called on. I wonder who else is looking to move before deadline day ? Humphreys?. I just hope we have players of a similar calibre to GL and KE should any of the current 1st 11 get crocked, I'm sorry both Leigh and Edwards are looking to move on, they have never let the side down.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 21:10]
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:25 - Aug 22 with 3074 viewsNutkins_Return

Agree but they won't even go unless the back up is deemed superior i.e. like Brandon Williams for Leigh if it goes through.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:53 - Aug 22 with 2994 viewsArnieM

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:25 - Aug 22 by Nutkins_Return

Agree but they won't even go unless the back up is deemed superior i.e. like Brandon Williams for Leigh if it goes through.

How good is this young player. Is he better than Leigh…. Or Davis? Just Dundee if this is Jo’s we will get that extra bit of quality in through the door that is willing to
Fight for a place in that first 11. It’s a difficult balancing act isnt it, trying to get good quality players who are good enough to really challenge that first 11player in front of them yet willing to be left out of that first 11 too. I think k one of two of our subs when they come on are just that smidgen below the level of the player they’re replacing.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:59 - Aug 22 with 2950 viewsNeedhamChris

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:53 - Aug 22 by ArnieM

How good is this young player. Is he better than Leigh…. Or Davis? Just Dundee if this is Jo’s we will get that extra bit of quality in through the door that is willing to
Fight for a place in that first 11. It’s a difficult balancing act isnt it, trying to get good quality players who are good enough to really challenge that first 11player in front of them yet willing to be left out of that first 11 too. I think k one of two of our subs when they come on are just that smidgen below the level of the player they’re replacing.

I tried, but no idea what Dundee and Jo's has to do with anything

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 23:11 - Aug 22 with 2883 viewsGogs

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 22:59 - Aug 22 by NeedhamChris

glad you said that. thought i'd missed something
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 23:58 - Aug 22 with 2807 viewsthe_toff

I mean he played 20 odd times in the premier league for Solskjaer’s United when they finished 3rd a few years back. I think it would be a little bit of a stretch to suggest he isn’t someone of a higher level and ceiling than Leigh. Don’t get me wrong I like GL and having signed on a free from Morecambe he’s probably surpassed expectations and not once let us down, but these 2 aren’t really in the same league.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 00:24 - Aug 23 with 2762 viewsbournemouthblue

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 23:58 - Aug 22 by the_toff

I mean he played 20 odd times in the premier league for Solskjaer’s United when they finished 3rd a few years back. I think it would be a little bit of a stretch to suggest he isn’t someone of a higher level and ceiling than Leigh. Don’t get me wrong I like GL and having signed on a free from Morecambe he’s probably surpassed expectations and not once let us down, but these 2 aren’t really in the same league.

We are presumably commanding a fee for Leigh as well?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:01 - Aug 23 with 2563 viewsWickets

Well i think we know he is an upgrade on Greg Leigh who is a good league 1 player but at best unproven in the Championship .
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:31 - Aug 23 with 2499 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is a shame about Leigh but he is exactly the sort of player who won't let us down but we will be looking to upgrade on. Unfortunately Edwards never worked out. I wish him well for the future but we gave him a chance and it didn't happen here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:32 - Aug 23 with 2495 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Arnie's worried he's a bit of a croc.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:39 - Aug 23 with 2485 viewsBloomBlue

Plus it allowed Ashton to pull a fast one over Leigh's fake international callup allowing for the postponement of the Barnsley game. If we had played it then without Broadhead, Burns a good chance we would have lost that game. So technically Leigh promoted us.
Understandable... but if you take Hladky... on 08:50 - Aug 23 with 2465 viewsunstableblue

.. his chance has come. He's trained hard, been embedded into McKenna's system and way of playing.. and playing the best football of his career in the first team. Walton will need to displace him.. but not for months.

It's going to be a very long hard season and opportunities for the likes of Edmundson, Taylor will come.

Donacien would have seemed to not have a starting place, he's started two games, and with Clarke's achilles issues, he will start again.

Jackson, Harness.. must feel currently they have a role and feel involved.

Davis plays a very high energy and high impact game.. Leigh would have had games

All the B team players are still in the cup, and have an upcoming game at Reading, Leigh played 90mins against Bristol.

So I do think Leigh would have had opportunities.

But I do also understand that he wants to be a starter week in week out. And I think the KEY point is that McKenna has stopped bringing Leigh on for 20mins to bolster the left side, bring energy and rest Davis. I think this will be a reason for Leigh's decision.

Edwards I understand the desire to leave more clearly, as he is not in the position of Jackson and Harness, and indeed he's been replaced in some part by Hutchison - who I feel has yet to make his mark.

We will surely have the same concerns from Freddie soon.. as he is not getting his usual 20mins game time. And looked out of sorts in the cup game and his sub cameos.

Sad to see Leigh go, as he was a key squad player and a good character around the club. I hope its a loan, with a return clause.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 9:11]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 2355 viewsCityBlue

I wouldn't be surprised if the final scans for Leigh on his leg showed that there may be problems in the years ahead

I T I D

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 11:49 - Aug 23 with 2278 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Nothing against Leigh and Edwards but we're in the Championship now. It's going to be hard for them to break into the team. I would also make a guess that Edmundson, Evans, and Freddie will also be upgraded on and moved out over the next two seasons.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 2259 viewsArnieM

Lol bloody predicted text at it again….and I know you wont believe me but I did scan it before posting it… just didn’t see it. But you’re bright, so I hope you got the gist of what I was saying…..

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:03 - Aug 23 with 2238 viewsArnieM

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 23:58 - Aug 22 by the_toff

Ah, there you go, a poster who has the ability to respond well.

BTW I agree totally with your response I was just asking the question which a few on here ( who don’t see the point of letting Leigh go), appear to be inferring.

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:06 - Aug 23 with 2226 viewsArnieM

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:32 - Aug 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Arnie's worried he's a bit of a croc.

Lol yer, yer ( holds hands up), I’m not checking my typos well enough …. Give me some slack guys, I’m an old un!

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:06 - Aug 23 with 2230 viewsitfcjoe

Players who weren't good enough to start for us in L1, and certainly won't be in the Championship

If we upgrade the squad these are the players who are going to go as aren't good enough for where we are let alone where we want to be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:18 - Aug 23 with 2171 viewscressi

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:03 - Aug 23 by ArnieM

Ah, there you go, a poster who has the ability to respond well.

BTW I agree totally with your response I was just asking the question which a few on here ( who don’t see the point of letting Leigh go), appear to be inferring.

Williams can play either right back or left back I'm sure Davis unless injured burnt out or suspended will start. But Clarke is managing a injury and although JD does a job that is all he does at this level at Sunderland it could have been a penalty and for their goal although I think he should have been off after Hladky flattened him he rang beside the bloke who crossed for their goal.
V Stoke I said to my mate watching the game he was often poor positional wise.
Then v QPR he was sloppy and almost cost a goal going forward he is average this is why you cannot be sentimental and Clarke and Williams will be a upgrade JD will be a squad filler at best.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 15:47 - Aug 23 with 2011 viewsjacobnikons

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:31 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is a shame about Leigh but he is exactly the sort of player who won't let us down but we will be looking to upgrade on. Unfortunately Edwards never worked out. I wish him well for the future but we gave him a chance and it didn't happen here.

Edwards hasn't had a run of games, thats exactly why hes going. He has always done well when he has come on and his goals to games stats must be pretty decent considering he barely starts. 'It didnt happen here' code for others have overtaken him in the pecking order, several of whom are less talented but there we go.. Leigh is slightly different he doesnt want to play as number 2 to Davis who most agree is the better player.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 15:53 - Aug 23 with 1991 viewsjacobnikons

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 12:06 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

Players who weren't good enough to start for us in L1, and certainly won't be in the Championship

If we upgrade the squad these are the players who are going to go as aren't good enough for where we are let alone where we want to be

What about Jackson and Donacien, neither of these were any good last time we were in the Championship but have been given another chance under Mck.
Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 15:58 - Aug 23 with 1978 viewsitfcjoe

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 15:53 - Aug 23 by jacobnikons

What about Jackson and Donacien, neither of these were any good last time we were in the Championship but have been given another chance under Mck.

JD has started 72 games for us since the takeover, Jackson played more minutes than Leigh and Edwards combined last year - they are clearly further up the pecking order regardless of what happened 5 years ago

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 16:02 - Aug 23 with 1954 viewsBiGDonnie

As good as Woolfie but out wide

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 04:37 - Aug 24 with 1751 viewsPioneerBlue

Leigh, Evo, Edwards, and to an extent Donacien, Jackson, Ladapo err either solid L1 types or back ups in L1. If we are not in the business of immediately jumping a natural starter level player then we have to begin improving the quality of players behind them in order that rotation minutes happen and the drop off is not what it is today.

GL and KE are not getting the game minutes and as professionals should be looking for more elsewhere. I would be baffled if they weren’t, it’s one thing hanging out one season whilst the team is flying but 2 or 3 you are seeing out a contract.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 07:50 - Aug 24 with 1612 viewsFrimleyBlue

Still early days. But at present I can't see what the difference is between the contribution of hutchinson to what Edwards gave us as a sub last season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 08:08 - Aug 24 with 1590 viewsmrfixit426

Leigh and Edwards clearly want to start games on 07:50 - Aug 24 by FrimleyBlue

Still early days. But at present I can't see what the difference is between the contribution of hutchinson to what Edwards gave us as a sub last season.

Wow. How to spectacularly miss the point of the whole thread, even when it's in the TITLE.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024