Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from Sheffield 15:32 - Sep 13 with 5758 viewsMetal_Hacker

The locals around these parts suggest their season starts this weekend with a win over us and they're quite positive

Maintain they're playing well but the new man in charge hasn't got a clue

Reminiscent ?!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Update from Sheffield on 15:35 - Sep 13 with 4373 viewsgainsboroughblue

I feel like we still owe them one.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Update from Sheffield on 15:36 - Sep 13 with 4360 viewsberkstractorboy

It would be so 'old' Ipswich to allow a team to end a poor run against us. However not this Ipswich, I see more misery for fans around you MH
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 15:39]
Update from Sheffield on 15:37 - Sep 13 with 4337 viewsDeano69

Hopefully with better officials we will get what we deserve!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Update from Sheffield on 15:44 - Sep 13 with 4282 viewsMetal_Hacker

Update from Sheffield on 15:36 - Sep 13 by berkstractorboy

It would be so 'old' Ipswich to allow a team to end a poor run against us. However not this Ipswich, I see more misery for fans around you MH
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 15:39]

Let's hope so because it's good for the banter on the Monday morning visiting the Weds supporting customers of mine !

Apparently they're just missing a finisher , other than that they're doing OK by all accounts

Another customer of mine (Leeds fan - yeah I know) said Weds were awful at their place and didn't even try to get anything other than a point - described their football as "industrial"

Update from Sheffield on 15:50 - Sep 13 with 4244 viewsmrfixit426

Chansiri has just released a club statement about Darren Moore again.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the supporters up there.
Update from Sheffield on 15:53 - Sep 13 with 4204 viewsberkstractorboy

Update from Sheffield on 15:44 - Sep 13 by Metal_Hacker

Let's hope so because it's good for the banter on the Monday morning visiting the Weds supporting customers of mine !

Apparently they're just missing a finisher , other than that they're doing OK by all accounts

Another customer of mine (Leeds fan - yeah I know) said Weds were awful at their place and didn't even try to get anything other than a point - described their football as "industrial"

We got so unlucky against Leeds as they were ruthless and then a week later they were hopeless and yet Wed were nowhere near touching them.

Fingers crossed this international break has not allowed them to sort things out, they seemed a bit more of a mess than just missing a finisher.

Still if it all goes bad the fans can start intimidating the officials again, after all it seems its allowed given no punishment yet for last season.
Update from Sheffield on 15:57 - Sep 13 with 4163 viewsyorkshireblue

Update from Sheffield on 15:44 - Sep 13 by Metal_Hacker

One of my closest games, but could be a long drive home with my Wednesday supporting wife....
Update from Sheffield on 16:03 - Sep 13 with 4107 viewsMetal_Hacker

Update from Sheffield on 15:57 - Sep 13 by yorkshireblue

One of my closest games, but could be a long drive home with my Wednesday supporting wife....

Yeah good luck with that one . My other half is from Rotherham (poor soul) and so are the remaining in laws albeit we're around Greystones Sheffield - the Cup game last season was the first time in quite a while I had the upper hand !

Login to get fewer ads

Update from Sheffield on 16:09 - Sep 13 with 4075 views_clive_baker_

Update from Sheffield on 15:35 - Sep 13 by gainsboroughblue

I feel like we still owe them one.

There will definitely be an element of that. If I was in that team I would be desperate to get one over on them after being fecked over by the lino last season and their fans throwing stuff.
Update from Sheffield on 16:10 - Sep 13 with 4057 viewsChurchman

Update from Sheffield on 15:50 - Sep 13 by mrfixit426

I’ve read and the term ‘rant’ doesn’t do it justice. Whatever the truth behind his dispute with Darren Moore, why not let it go? I agree with the Wednesdayites - Chansiri is nuts and needs to sell the club and move on.
Update from Sheffield on 16:23 - Sep 13 with 3980 viewsyorkshireblue

They’ve released more statements about Darren Moore this season than they have points…
Update from Sheffield on 16:39 - Sep 13 with 3898 viewsITFC_Forever

My eldest is starting uni this weekend at Uni of Sheffield - very considerate of her to start there the same weekend ITFC are at Hillsborough.... not so considerate to book a moving in slot on campus for 1pm.

Got a ticket for the game, and should be able to slope off to the ground around 2ish - we're staying overnight in Sheffield anyway, so we can go out for something to eat and drink in the evening, do a supermarket shop on the Sunday and take her out to lunch before leaving her to it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Update from Sheffield on 16:54 - Sep 13 with 3822 viewsHerbivore

Think Wednesday are doing a good job of vying for the crown of Scum of the North, previous owners being Bolton and Sheffield United. Got absolute gifts against us last season to steal two points and yet act like they're a massive club with a brilliant team that succeeds (lol) despite whoever their manager is being a chump. Absolute bag of dicks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Update from Sheffield on 16:57 - Sep 13 with 3793 viewsBlueDouglas

It's like a sitcom over there, the Chairman can't help having another dig!

He seems very thin-skinned, last time he was calling out Carlton Palmer for something he said on Talksport FFS
Update from Sheffield on 17:00 - Sep 13 with 3771 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Well our turning point last season was against them. 2-0 down, having missed a pen, our backline and Clarke were looking all over the shop, and I was thinking this is going to be a 5-0 jobby, we hadn't turned up.

After they scored their second it was like a switch was flicked and suddenly we were a football team again, played them off the park, 2-2 and should have been a win, we were fantastic, an early sign of what our ability to recover and fight back would be in the months to come, as seen this season against Leeds and Cardiff.

I'd be happy with a point against them though, it's a tough place to go. Jackson should start in the place of Burns.
Update from Sheffield on 17:15 - Sep 13 with 3699 viewsNutkins_Return

It's absolutely mental that club statement!!! I watched that Darren Moore interview and Moore was incredibly respectful and really tried hard to say nothing at all about Chansiri. This has blown my mind!!

I can imagine this does nothing for the likes of Bannon who he mentions etc.

It's insanity and completely out of order.
Update from Sheffield on 17:21 - Sep 13 with 3659 viewsMaySixth

Will take a draw now.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Update from Sheffield on 17:23 - Sep 13 with 3658 viewssoupytwist

Update from Sheffield on 16:39 - Sep 13 by ITFC_Forever

My eldest is starting uni this weekend at Uni of Sheffield - very considerate of her to start there the same weekend ITFC are at Hillsborough.... not so considerate to book a moving in slot on campus for 1pm.

Got a ticket for the game, and should be able to slope off to the ground around 2ish - we're staying overnight in Sheffield anyway, so we can go out for something to eat and drink in the evening, do a supermarket shop on the Sunday and take her out to lunch before leaving her to it.

I'm dropping my son off on Saturday to start this 3rd year at Hallam. Couldn't get two tickets together in the initial window for ST holders and I missed the second window. We have been to Hillsborough for the past two seasons so we have consoled ourselves with going to the Rotherham match in a few weeks instead.

Sky have put the kibosh on that now.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 17:23]
Update from Sheffield on 17:40 - Sep 13 with 3557 viewsRonFearonsHair

Update from Sheffield on 16:09 - Sep 13 by _clive_baker_

There will definitely be an element of that. If I was in that team I would be desperate to get one over on them after being fecked over by the lino last season and their fans throwing stuff.

Surely with the price of their tickets there can’t be that many coins left to chuck away.
Update from Sheffield on 17:47 - Sep 13 with 3517 viewsJ2BLUE

They have been saying this about every single game they have played. I'm sure the thought of the international breaking being a reset for them is one they are clinging to.

Seen a small number of people suggest we just have to turn up and we'll smash them. I'm sure they will have spent 2 weeks working on a gameplan and it will be a lot tougher than many are expecting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Update from Sheffield on 17:52 - Sep 13 with 3484 viewsbackwaywhen

Update from Sheffield on 17:23 - Sep 13 by soupytwist

I'm dropping my son off on Saturday to start this 3rd year at Hallam. Couldn't get two tickets together in the initial window for ST holders and I missed the second window. We have been to Hillsborough for the past two seasons so we have consoled ourselves with going to the Rotherham match in a few weeks instead.

Still tickets left and two together in bottom tier …….. go on you know you want too .
Update from Sheffield on 18:01 - Sep 13 with 3432 viewsSitfcB

Seats still available online. Loads together.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Update from Sheffield on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 3221 viewsArnieM

I don’t think SWFC should even get in the championship. That Leeds fan wasn’t wrong with his description of Weds being, “ industrial “. It’s about right.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Update from Sheffield on 19:48 - Sep 13 with 3143 viewsITFC_Forever

Still a couple of dozen available in the lower tier, altogether as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Update from Sheffield on 19:55 - Sep 13 with 3111 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Update from Sheffield on 16:39 - Sep 13 by ITFC_Forever

She doesn't want to go, sorry but you have failed as a father!
Junior is booked for 2:30 Sunday...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024