Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? 16:11 - Jan 29 with 5564 viewsVic

How much and in what way/s do we think Al Hammers will be an upgrade?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 4107 viewstractorboy1978

He can press with intensity for a start.
[Post edited 29 Jan 16:12]
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:13 - Jan 29 with 4083 viewsbobbyramsey

Maybe not yet but one for the future. The next one through the door will be Freddie's upgrade.......
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:18 - Jan 29 with 4002 viewsDJR

He has pace and mobility which each fits the way we play more than Ladapo, and he has a physicality that Jackson lacks.
[Post edited 29 Jan 16:20]
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:19 - Jan 29 with 3953 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's registered to play for town. So that's handy.

But based on videos. He has a hell of a lot of potential.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 3738 viewsDevereuxxx

He has a much higher ceiling for a start. His raw attributes are very promising - quick, strong and presses like a madman.

As a Wimbledon resident, I can confirm Dons fans I know are gutted he's left, and says despite being raw they can see him making the step up to the Championship. I'm excited about this one.
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:39 - Jan 29 with 3679 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:34 - Jan 29 by Devereuxxx

He has a much higher ceiling for a start. His raw attributes are very promising - quick, strong and presses like a madman.

As a Wimbledon resident, I can confirm Dons fans I know are gutted he's left, and says despite being raw they can see him making the step up to the Championship. I'm excited about this one.

This is at least what we're hoping and I am happy to trust their judgment on that. It was clear that Ladapo wasn't anything more than a Championship striker at his best. That was what we needed when we signed him and McKenna has made good use of him but now he is looking to develop players he feels can become Premier League players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:39 - Jan 29 with 3673 viewsMK1

Energy. Will make things happen.
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:44 - Jan 29 with 3584 viewschicoazul

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:39 - Jan 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is at least what we're hoping and I am happy to trust their judgment on that. It was clear that Ladapo wasn't anything more than a Championship striker at his best. That was what we needed when we signed him and McKenna has made good use of him but now he is looking to develop players he feels can become Premier League players.

In fairness to Ladapo it’s not clear if his replacement is anything more than a league 2 striker at his best.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:48 - Jan 29 with 3533 viewsNthQldITFC

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:13 - Jan 29 by bobbyramsey

Maybe not yet but one for the future. The next one through the door will be Freddie's upgrade.......

I have a funny feeling that he's going to hit the ground running here.

While he won't have the nuances of the George Hirst level of understanding of playing as our No. 9 (including the understanding with Chappers etc.), he's definitely got the physicality, stamina and the determination and resilience as far as I can see. The most important part of that role, I think, is that physicality and the closing down, which I think he'll do well with some live prompting from the sidelines.

So we might have a slightly rough-edged Hirst replacement ready to go - but he might also have a little more direct threat than Hirst.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:51 - Jan 29 with 3482 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:44 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

In fairness to Ladapo it’s not clear if his replacement is anything more than a league 2 striker at his best.

Which is why we trust the manager's judgment on his potential.

It's like you were so keen to make an irrelevant point that you didn't bother reading the post you replied to!

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:05 - Jan 29 with 3296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Based on videos and reputation it could be said he's playing a league 1 standard in himself which is basically what ladapo is anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:05 - Jan 29 with 3321 viewspositivity

lower age and higher potential.

much more malleable to be moulded into the perfect itfc striker than a 30 year old, who's spent a decade working under more, shall we say, agricultural managers!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:09 - Jan 29 with 3279 viewssmithy69

Bore off
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:11 - Jan 29 with 3263 viewsBlueBadger

Always had you down as your own man, not yet another Frimmers/Innsbruck knockoff Chico.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:40 - Jan 29 with 3026 viewsBlueForYou

Hope he's an upgrade on Pigott, also from Wimbledon, who was scoring goals for fun before he came to us. But we have a whole different back room team now & that must be a major plus. What an opportunity this is for an exciting young player.
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:45 - Jan 29 with 2986 viewschicoazul

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:11 - Jan 29 by BlueBadger

Always had you down as your own man, not yet another Frimmers/Innsbruck knockoff Chico.

Do shut up you incredibly boring man. In b4 thought you edgelords love bantz etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:47 - Jan 29 with 2966 viewschicoazul

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 16:51 - Jan 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which is why we trust the manager's judgment on his potential.

It's like you were so keen to make an irrelevant point that you didn't bother reading the post you replied to!

The same manager who bought Ahadme..? McK is very 50-50 in the market so far, it’s his only possible minus mark.

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:48 - Jan 29 with 2957 viewspositivity

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:45 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Do shut up you incredibly boring man. In b4 thought you edgelords love bantz etc

you're wrong badger, innsbruck is far more coherent than that!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:09 - Jan 29 with 2798 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:47 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

The same manager who bought Ahadme..? McK is very 50-50 in the market so far, it’s his only possible minus mark.

Yes, some players have succeeded, a few haven't. Well spotted. It isn't a minus mark against a manager that some signings don't work out. The only manager that has had no signing fail is one who has never signed anyone.
[Post edited 29 Jan 18:24]

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:21 - Jan 29 with 2683 viewsLeoMuff

We have no idea really, might be good enough for championship in 2 weeks or might take a season. Looks good in the videos though so fingers crossed.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:24 - Jan 29 with 2633 viewsLeoMuff

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:47 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

I think If ahadme wasn’t injured we might well of seen him back, been playing well in league 1 7 in 20 for a below average side and not long turned 23, there is a player in there for me still.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:41 - Jan 29 with 2499 viewscressi

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:24 - Jan 29 by LeoMuff

I think If ahadme wasn’t injured we might well of seen him back, been playing well in league 1 7 in 20 for a below average side and not long turned 23, there is a player in there for me still.

Think we will get Gallagher his 6ft 4
We are building a strong physical side who can play a bit whatever happens this season.
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:42 - Jan 29 with 2497 viewsBlueBadger

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:45 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

See, with this response, now you're just being a lame Blueas knockoff.
[Post edited 29 Jan 18:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 2433 viewsbadadski

Massive upgrade - he just needs to put in a bit of effort and he has already over taken final few games Freddy -

He is very similar to Hirst in his play so he’s not here as a goal scorer but to contribute to the goals and assists which is all we need, also not too much pressure on the lad as we have goals from else where.

when I have seen him play he has been very good and exactly the type of player we need which is strong and aggressive. I am chuffed with this and think he fits perfectly - it also plays into our hands with getting Blackburn striker cheaper as we are no longer desperate which means if they try to bluff a higher fee it could back fire and leave them with a pissed off player and a massive wage headache for a player that will be leaving soon for free if they are not careful
Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 19:01 - Jan 29 with 2415 viewsBlueBadger

Al-Hamidi upgrade on Ladapo? on 17:40 - Jan 29 by BlueForYou

Hope he's an upgrade on Pigott, also from Wimbledon, who was scoring goals for fun before he came to us. But we have a whole different back room team now & that must be a major plus. What an opportunity this is for an exciting young player.

Piggots's figures, bar one season were largely unremarkable.
They weren't 'for fun' figures, they were 'Tesco Value Kevin Lisbie' figures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024