Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine 10:01 - Aug 3 with 6906 viewsSWGF

...but their Championship predictions leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:02 - Aug 3 with 6882 viewstextbackup

They haven't got us 6th have they?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:02 - Aug 3 with 6882 viewsSitfcB

What have they predicted for us?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:04 - Aug 3 with 6852 viewspointofblue

Us 16th... Norwich 1st.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:10 - Aug 3 with 6799 viewsfeelingblue

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:04 - Aug 3 by pointofblue

Us 16th... Norwich 1st.

If we manage 16th, I would not be too bothered at what happens at the other end of the table.

We just have to live with the fact that over the last 10 years, Norwich have been a better run club than we have. Still never won anything, obviously.
I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:11 - Aug 3 with 6798 viewstextbackup

Us 16th... Norwich 1st.

After reading Harry's piece on them, I am genuinely envious of how they view the manager. If what they are saying about him and his philosophy is correct then fck me, makes MM like like a school dinner lady

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:12 - Aug 3 with 6778 viewsSitfcB

Us 16th... Norwich 1st.

Hahaha tw@ts. They're always way out anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:15 - Aug 3 with 6736 viewsclive_baker

Us 16th... Norwich 1st.

Us 16th is fair. Can't see the bottle jobs down the road winning the league though. They're as much as a wild card this season given the level of change and unproven personnel as they have been for a while. They might fly, but they could not. I would say Boro will win it at a canter. Then Villa, Fulham, Hull, Sheff Wed, Norwich are all much of a muchness. Even Derby and Wolves maybe.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:31 - Aug 3 with 6599 viewsITFC_Forever

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:11 - Aug 3 by textbackup

After reading Harry's piece on them, I am genuinely envious of how they view the manager. If what they are saying about him and his philosophy is correct then fck me, makes MM like like a school dinner lady

Norwich have taken a massive gamble, and if it doesn't pay off, they're no better off than we are.

Did make me laugh in Harry's article they referred to the 90s as their glory years. They won nothing and spent roughly half the decade in the second tier.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:42 - Aug 3 with 6527 viewstextbackup

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:31 - Aug 3 by ITFC_Forever

Norwich have taken a massive gamble, and if it doesn't pay off, they're no better off than we are.

Did make me laugh in Harry's article they referred to the 90s as their glory years. They won nothing and spent roughly half the decade in the second tier.

But atleast they've taken that gamble, steady Eddie dullfest gets you knowhere.

Agree on other part tho

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 6516 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:31 - Aug 3 by ITFC_Forever

Norwich have taken a gamble in the hope they do a Huddersfield. However, as itfcjoe has alluded to on many occasions, people forget that Wagner had 6 months to implement his style etc at Huddersfield, before having his first full season in charge which resulted in promotion.

I seriously hope, it all goes wrong for them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:20 - Aug 3 with 6351 viewsSWGF

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:42 - Aug 3 by textbackup

Agree on other part tho

Take the club in question out of the equation, as a fan it would be exciting to see how it pans out. A complete change to club structure/transfer strategy/style of play. Might work, might not. But it's a journey. Who knows what will happen, where they'll finish in the league.

I know how we'll play, the structure is set in stone and I know the type of player we'll look to purchase and know which league/country they'll be purchased from. Pretty sure we'll finish somewhere between 16th and 20th.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:36 - Aug 3 with 6269 viewschambosleftboot

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:45 - Aug 3 by Kieran_Knows

Norwich have taken a gamble in the hope they do a Huddersfield. However, as itfcjoe has alluded to on many occasions, people forget that Wagner had 6 months to implement his style etc at Huddersfield, before having his first full season in charge which resulted in promotion.

Wagner had 6 months but Farke has a squad with significantly more quality already in place and players generally suited to the possession, one touch passing game that he's trying to implement.

I said on another thread I went to their Brighton game and they've managed to completely change they playing style effectively and they looked extremely comfortable doing so.

That Farke manager literally screams at defenders if they dare to hoof the ball out as a clearance - the midfield always ensure there's a pass on.

Saying all that, I don't expect them to finish top.
I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:39 - Aug 3 with 6255 viewsITFCBlues

A school dinner lady with plenty of previous success in this division as opposed to a complete novice

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 6242 viewsITFCBlues

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:42 - Aug 3 by textbackup

Agree on other part tho

I can only imagine how much you'd moan if we took that gamble and got relegated.

We're dealing with a fine margin with the tiny budget we have

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:02 - Aug 3 with 6162 viewsSuperfrans

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:10 - Aug 3 by feelingblue

If we manage 16th, I would not be too bothered at what happens at the other end of the table.

We just have to live with the fact that over the last 10 years, Norwich have been a better run club than we have. Still never won anything, obviously.

I don't accept that at all re. Norwich. There are not many Norwich fans who would agree either.

Over the last 10 years, they have made some terrible decisions. Appointing Gunny as manager, Adams, Falling out with Lambert, waiting too long to sack Gunny, Neil Adams and Alex Neil.

They made a great appointment with Lambert, who transformed their fortunes.

But, once in the Prem, they totally failed to capitalise on all the additional income they have received. They fell out with Lambert (arguably the best manager in their history), should have stayed in the Prem - they had the players to stay there, but just screwed it up - and then should have been promoted last season but again screwed it up.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 6136 viewstextbackup

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:41 - Aug 3 by ITFCBlues

I can only imagine how much you'd moan if we took that gamble and got relegated.

We're dealing with a fine margin with the tiny budget we have

Imagine all you like, you're wrong, but continue.

As said above we can predict everything about this season

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:08 - Aug 3 with 6122 viewshadleighboyblue

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 10:45 - Aug 3 by Kieran_Knows

At least they are trying to improve things including their style of football , unlike us who seem to be in a time warp .

To be honest I'm more interested in what ITFC do this season than anything that NCFC do .
I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:13 - Aug 3 with 6088 viewsSE1blue

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:02 - Aug 3 by Superfrans

I don't accept that at all re. Norwich. There are not many Norwich fans who would agree either.

Over the last 10 years, they have made some terrible decisions. Appointing Gunny as manager, Adams, Falling out with Lambert, waiting too long to sack Gunny, Neil Adams and Alex Neil.

They made a great appointment with Lambert, who transformed their fortunes.

But, once in the Prem, they totally failed to capitalise on all the additional income they have received. They fell out with Lambert (arguably the best manager in their history), should have stayed in the Prem - they had the players to stay there, but just screwed it up - and then should have been promoted last season but again screwed it up.

Add Roeder to your negatives too.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:25 - Aug 3 with 6026 viewsitfcjoe

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 11:20 - Aug 3 by SWGF

Take the club in question out of the equation, as a fan it would be exciting to see how it pans out. A complete change to club structure/transfer strategy/style of play. Might work, might not. But it's a journey. Who knows what will happen, where they'll finish in the league.

I know how we'll play, the structure is set in stone and I know the type of player we'll look to purchase and know which league/country they'll be purchased from. Pretty sure we'll finish somewhere between 16th and 20th.

I think there are a huge number of ITFC fans who would like something like this to happen, just for a change of the monotomy - see how much excitement there was when linked to Steijn.

However, I can see why Evans won't take that gamble - being in the Championship is clearly number 1 and only priority at the moment.

i do worry that a bad start is going to leave the club up sh*t creek without a paddle though - club/team in a bad position, Mick gone and then we will do what we always do and appoint an experienced head rather than someone exciting and different and they'll have too much to do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:33 - Aug 3 with 5976 viewsclive_baker

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:25 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

I think there are a huge number of ITFC fans who would like something like this to happen, just for a change of the monotomy - see how much excitement there was when linked to Steijn.

However, I can see why Evans won't take that gamble - being in the Championship is clearly number 1 and only priority at the moment.

i do worry that a bad start is going to leave the club up sh*t creek without a paddle though - club/team in a bad position, Mick gone and then we will do what we always do and appoint an experienced head rather than someone exciting and different and they'll have too much to do.

That's the issue really. The only circumstances I can see Mick leaving early is by us doing spectacularly badly that he walks or ME has no choice but to pull the trigger. If that's the case, he'll plump for another journeyman manager with the odd promotion on his CV and we're back to square one. In some respects I hope we do sail through to a respectable finish, Mick leaves with some dignity at the end of his contract and ME shows some balls to recruit a fresh, different style of coach with the luxury of a full pre season to work on his ideas.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 5892 viewsRoyKeanesDog

To be fair they are making these presumptions before he has managed a competitive game.

At least as likely to flop than to succeed.

Poll: Best Football Song

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 13:03 - Aug 3 with 5863 viewsBackToRussia

Norwich first is a joke. They are a complete wildcard, 442 is sh1te

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 13:15 - Aug 3 with 5822 viewsitfcjoe

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:33 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

That's the issue really. The only circumstances I can see Mick leaving early is by us doing spectacularly badly that he walks or ME has no choice but to pull the trigger. If that's the case, he'll plump for another journeyman manager with the odd promotion on his CV and we're back to square one. In some respects I hope we do sail through to a respectable finish, Mick leaves with some dignity at the end of his contract and ME shows some balls to recruit a fresh, different style of coach with the luxury of a full pre season to work on his ideas.

That is what I was hoping would happen last year, a mutual parting of the ways once safe - a nice dignified exit for Mick and a chance for someone new to come in and have a proper running start at things.

Mick managed to stave off a downward spiral for 5 years, under Evans the previous incumbents have managed 18 months to 2 years before looking totally shot.

Obviously ideal scenario is Mick rediscovering tempo and pace/power we played with in 14/15 and the team becoming much better than sum of our parts but can't imagine even the most optimistic of town fans is expecting that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 13:20 - Aug 3 with 5792 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 12:25 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Agree with this. Opportunity was there this Summer to part company and try something new but wasn't taken. Now we're left hoping the signings Mick has made will turn things around and quickly, as it could all go very rapidly downhill if not

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I don't normally mind FourFourTwo magazine on 13:21 - Aug 3 with 5787 viewshorsehollerer

Bear in mind that FourFourTwo was conceived and founded by a big Naaarridge fan and a pal of Delia's. I used to enjoy it back in the day, but it has always been a budgie rag.

16th is a good shout for Town, though.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024