Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exciting line up 19:06 - Aug 22 with 3168 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see Mick putting his faith in so many youngsters. The experience will do them a lot of good.

A shame it isn't a level playing field though.

I'd like to see a cup competition where the starting eleven must include a minimum of 6 under 18's. A good mix of youth and experience.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Exciting line up on 19:09 - Aug 22 with 3128 viewsmos

I think it's more about resting the first team...

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Exciting line up on 19:10 - Aug 22 with 3136 viewsitfcjoe

I'm personally a little bit disappointed by some of the selections on the players available - Chris Smith and Ben Morris can consider themselves extremely unfortunate to (unjustly) miss out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Exciting line up on 19:10 - Aug 22 with 3117 viewsGlasgowBlue

Exciting line up on 19:09 - Aug 22 by mos

I think it's more about resting the first team...

I'm well aware of that but exciting all the same.

Iron Lion Zion

Exciting line up on 19:13 - Aug 22 with 3102 viewsclive_baker

Exciting line up on 19:10 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

I'm personally a little bit disappointed by some of the selections on the players available - Chris Smith and Ben Morris can consider themselves extremely unfortunate to (unjustly) miss out

You do have to wonder what Folami has done (or Morris hasn't done) to see him jump him in the pecking order. England selectors clearly think more of Morris than Mick does.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Exciting line up on 19:16 - Aug 22 with 3079 viewsitfcjoe

Exciting line up on 19:13 - Aug 22 by clive_baker

You do have to wonder what Folami has done (or Morris hasn't done) to see him jump him in the pecking order. England selectors clearly think more of Morris than Mick does.

There are a couple of those in the club - Mick has his players he likes and they get pushed on at the expense of others. Personally I'm not a big fan of Pat Webber at CB, he's a very decent left back but to play him CB is suicidal. Chris Smith is much, much better but Mick doesn't like him for some reason.

Another one is Harry Wright, he gets picked ahead of Nick Hayes a lot which is madness - Wright is pony and Hayes has played for England a fair bit. Everyone who watches academy or reserve games can not see what they are doing with this one

MIck is quite fond of saying his opinion is the only one that matters, which inreality is why there are some confusing decisions - but when we are top who can argue

Exciting line up on 19:18 - Aug 22 with 3062 viewsGlasgowBlue

You know a lot more about these players than I do mate.

Iron Lion Zion

Exciting line up on 19:25 - Aug 22 with 3016 viewsbrogansnose

I do like to see the young guns get game time and experience despite the situation being forced on us. Given our financial constrictions this is something that we need to do in what, I consider, a Mickey Mouse cup.

Good luck to the lads and the pressure is on Palace not us.
Exciting line up on 19:30 - Aug 22 with 2997 viewsTrequartista

Destruction of men in their prime. Whose average age was 19.

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-destruction.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Exciting line up on 19:34 - Aug 22 with 2975 viewsuefacup81

Exciting line up on 19:16 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

There are a couple of those in the club - Mick has his players he likes and they get pushed on at the expense of others. Personally I'm not a big fan of Pat Webber at CB, he's a very decent left back but to play him CB is suicidal. Chris Smith is much, much better but Mick doesn't like him for some reason.

Another one is Harry Wright, he gets picked ahead of Nick Hayes a lot which is madness - Wright is pony and Hayes has played for England a fair bit. Everyone who watches academy or reserve games can not see what they are doing with this one

MIck is quite fond of saying his opinion is the only one that matters, which inreality is why there are some confusing decisions - but when we are top who can argue

Then again we know nothing about attitudes behind the scenes.

It's common knowledge that even if Messi or Ronaldo was at the club, they wouldn't get a sniff of first team football if they strutted around the place like a Big Time Charlie.

Where Mick is concerned, you can easily be the greatest player in the world, but if you don't apply yourself and keep your feet on the ground, it's a one way ticket to the reserves for you.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Exciting line up on 19:38 - Aug 22 with 2956 viewsitfcjoe

Exciting line up on 19:34 - Aug 22 by uefacup81

Then again we know nothing about attitudes behind the scenes.

It's common knowledge that even if Messi or Ronaldo was at the club, they wouldn't get a sniff of first team football if they strutted around the place like a Big Time Charlie.

Where Mick is concerned, you can easily be the greatest player in the world, but if you don't apply yourself and keep your feet on the ground, it's a one way ticket to the reserves for you.

Well I do know about their attitudes in the main - but seems a shame that there isn't joined up thinking between u23s and first team where someone like Chris Smith would start ahead of either the CBs playing tonight.

Hopefully we use all 3 subs tonight so they can get debuts

Exciting line up on 19:46 - Aug 22 with 2912 viewsGeoffSentence

Exciting line up on 19:30 - Aug 22 by Trequartista

Destruction of men in their prime. Whose average age was 19.

D-d-d-d-d-d-d-destruction.

ah man, takes me back

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Exciting line up on 19:57 - Aug 22 with 2842 viewsDyland

Exciting line up on 19:38 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

Well I do know about their attitudes in the main - but seems a shame that there isn't joined up thinking between u23s and first team where someone like Chris Smith would start ahead of either the CBs playing tonight.

Hopefully we use all 3 subs tonight so they can get debuts

Is Smith on the bench? Maybe Mick is thinking he needs protecting for the league what with our rotten run of injuries.

Hoping to get to the Barnsley game 11th September

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Exciting line up on 20:17 - Aug 22 with 2772 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Give me a hand here... anyone got any idea of the formation and who's playing where?

Have we got a striker? Celina?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Exciting line up on 21:20 - Aug 22 with 2650 viewsSwansea_Blue

As much as it's valuable experience for the youth, I thinks it's a shame as we could have got through tonight with our first 11.

And there is a competition for U23 sides in which we could field just the yoof: the Football League Trophy. Think PL and Championship sides need to have Cat 1 academies to compete though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Exciting line up on 21:24 - Aug 22 with 2624 viewsdalianwasexciting

Exciting line up on 21:20 - Aug 22 by Swansea_Blue

As much as it's valuable experience for the youth, I thinks it's a shame as we could have got through tonight with our first 11.

And there is a competition for U23 sides in which we could field just the yoof: the Football League Trophy. Think PL and Championship sides need to have Cat 1 academies to compete though.

Swansea Blue - not sure we have a first 11 actually fit to play tonight, even if MM had wanted to. The wafer thin squad is what we have to live with and I guess prioritising the league is right. That said tonight has given the youngsters a chance to step up and boy they appear to have taken it!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 21:25]

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Exciting line up on 21:27 - Aug 22 with 2590 viewsrosseden

does he not need to keep some of them for back up at the weekend?

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Exciting line up on 21:30 - Aug 22 with 2565 viewsVic

Exciting line up on 19:16 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

Isn't that the case though with every manager - with us all really! we all have our favourites so I don't think we can use it as a stick to beat Mick with. I'm sure he wouldn't push one player on and not another if he seriously thought he was less likely to be better in the long run.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Exciting line up on 21:43 - Aug 22 with 2500 viewsSwansea_Blue

Exciting line up on 21:24 - Aug 22 by dalianwasexciting

Swansea Blue - not sure we have a first 11 actually fit to play tonight, even if MM had wanted to. The wafer thin squad is what we have to live with and I guess prioritising the league is right. That said tonight has given the youngsters a chance to step up and boy they appear to have taken it!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 21:25]

Yeah, I understand it but don't especially like it. We wouldn't have put this team out in a league match and if we don't have the depth to cover cup competitions then we need to add a few before the end of the window (obviously not needed now though). You never know how far we could have got in this competition; the last time we did well has been one of the few highlights of the last 7 years or so.

I'm a sucker for the cups - they're by far the shortest and most likely route to a bit of success and good times for the fans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024