Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently 21:02 - Dec 29 with 6346 viewsSitfcB

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11188831/crystal-palace-inquire-int

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:09 - Dec 29 with 5667 viewsJ2BLUE

Stick a ridiculous price on his head and see what happens. Something like £7m.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 5659 viewsJohnny_Boy

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:09 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

In the current 'ridiculous' climate of overpriced players - £7m doesn't even sound ridiculous.

I'd outlandishly place £20m on his head. If they offer £10m, take it. Then run.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 5633 viewsitfcjoe

Is it not ‘enquire’?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:20 - Dec 29 with 5616 viewsJ2BLUE

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:12 - Dec 29 by Johnny_Boy

In the current 'ridiculous' climate of overpriced players - £7m doesn't even sound ridiculous.

It probably is for a keeper though. Especially as he'd like be their back up.

Truly impaired.

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 5588 viewsJohnny_Boy

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:20 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

It probably is for a keeper though. Especially as he'd like be their back up.

All depends how desperately they want him I guess. Put up or shut up.

We certainly don't need to sell him.

Any money recouped from his sale won't be used for transfer fees (this season anyway).
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 5572 viewsBluefish

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:12 - Dec 29 by Johnny_Boy

Are you a parody account?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:31 - Dec 29 with 5562 viewsmonty_radio

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:16 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

Is it not ‘enquire’?

Although, according to the level of formality of their investigation, it could be "inquire".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 5560 viewsRIPbobby

i would take that to be fair. I don't really think there is much between the best goalie around and any other pro. I'd take the money and invest again.
Login to get fewer ads

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 5541 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds like the story from the weekend being regurgitated.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 5527 viewsBluefish

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:32 - Dec 29 by RIPbobby

i would take that to be fair. I don't really think there is much between the best goalie around and any other pro. I'd take the money and invest again.

Have you seen gerken play?

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 5531 viewsPJH

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:35 - Dec 29 by PhilTWTD

Only 33 (or is it 34?) days to the close of the window.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 5514 viewsPJH

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:36 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Have you seen gerken play?

Nobody has recently because he is injured.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:42 - Dec 29 with 5496 viewsBluefish

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:40 - Dec 29 by PJH

Nobody has recently because he is injured.

It is for the best

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:42 - Dec 29 with 5505 viewsSitfcB

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:37 - Dec 29 by PJH

Only 33 (or is it 34?) days to the close of the window.

Going to be a long month...for all of us and especially 12th Man with all the twitters he's gonna link on here

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:53 - Dec 29 with 5427 viewsJohnny_Boy

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:28 - Dec 29 by Bluefish

Are you a parody account?

Oh the irony.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 22:20 - Dec 29 with 5348 viewsElderGrizzly

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:35 - Dec 29 by PhilTWTD

Assume we’ll be telling Palace the same price we told Wolves? £5m?

Think a PL club will take the lazy way out and go for a ‘name’ anyway.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 08:58 - Dec 30 with 5013 viewsCurrie10

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:27 - Dec 29 by Johnny_Boy

All depends how desperately they want him I guess. Put up or shut up.

We certainly don't need to sell him.

Any money recouped from his sale won't be used for transfer fees (this season anyway).

We lose upwards of £6 mill per year - I would say ( not that I'm remotely happy about this ) that there is a perfectly logical argument to state we need to sell someone or other in January to balance the books somewhat.

People seem to forget that for example Mings - sold for £8 mill plus the two players. We do put the ££££ back in but not in terms of transfers.

Wages cost £££.
Signing on fees cost £££.
Bonuses, the same.
Agent fees, again the same.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:06 - Dec 30 with 4987 viewsbournemouthblue

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 21:09 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

£10 million for me

That seems to be about the par total nowadays

We haven't got a lot with the Mings or Wickham cash?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 4957 viewsbournemouthblue

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 08:58 - Dec 30 by Currie10

We lose upwards of £6 mill per year - I would say ( not that I'm remotely happy about this ) that there is a perfectly logical argument to state we need to sell someone or other in January to balance the books somewhat.

People seem to forget that for example Mings - sold for £8 mill plus the two players. We do put the ££££ back in but not in terms of transfers.

Wages cost £££.
Signing on fees cost £££.
Bonuses, the same.
Agent fees, again the same.

His money or less went into squad redevelopment

And it didn't go too well :(

Pitman was the biggest drain on resources. It was rumoured we paid a £2.5 million signing on fee. He was never the right fit IMHO. He needs a team around him who retain possession and pass it properly. We needed an all action athlete who could win headers and hold the ball up.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:29 - Dec 30 with 4954 viewsPhilTWTD

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 22:20 - Dec 29 by ElderGrizzly

Assume we’ll be telling Palace the same price we told Wolves? £5m?

Think a PL club will take the lazy way out and go for a ‘name’ anyway.

Something like that, I assume, perhaps more than that as prices seem to have increased further since the start of the summer. If ME is willing to sell at all at this point in a promising season, of course, particularly at a time when Gerken is sidelined.

I think you're probably right, they'd be more likely to go for a keeper with Premier League experience, bit less of a risk from their perspective in their current situation.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:45 - Dec 30 with 4919 viewsbluesym

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:24 - Dec 30 by bournemouthblue

His money or less went into squad redevelopment

And it didn't go too well :(

Pitman was the biggest drain on resources. It was rumoured we paid a £2.5 million signing on fee. He was never the right fit IMHO. He needs a team around him who retain possession and pass it properly. We needed an all action athlete who could win headers and hold the ball up.

Wooohhh 2.5 mill signing on fee? You cant be serious?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 4889 viewsCurrie10

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:45 - Dec 30 by bluesym

May sound utterly laughable however it was on a ' free ' so Pitman would have been given a far bigger signing on fee than if he'd been signed on a transfer - most transfers - the signing on fee is normally embarrassingly 10% of the transfer fee give or take....

I doubt it was quite £2.5 mill but probably far higher than many would believe.
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 4872 viewsJ2BLUE

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 09:45 - Dec 30 by bluesym

I don't believe that for a second. £500k maybe. £2.5m? I would buy a hat and then eat it.

Truly impaired.

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 10:18 - Dec 30 with 4839 viewsJohnny_Boy

Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 10:05 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I don't believe that for a second. £500k maybe. £2.5m? I would buy a hat and then eat it.

Hmmm. That figure does seem a bit excessive.

So,Speroni is Palace's GK. I'm assuming Hennessy is injured? Is it a long term thing? As I can only see those two GK's on Palace's books (via Soccerbase).
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 10:23]
Palace have made an enquiry about Bart... #apparently on 10:20 - Dec 30 with 4839 viewschicoazul

Some people in here are acting like Mick would get given any money raised from a sale of Bart or whoever to use in the market rather than having it cover 1.5 seasons annual losses.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024