Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sleeve tattoos 12:22 - Feb 28 with 11757 viewsCurrie10

Anyones thoughts / have one?

Must confess to not understanding bar a fashion trend why anyone would have one - with a lot having a picture of a head / stars / words in a line - the usual generic stuff that people seem to get in them.

Then the other arm has zero ink at all.

Chambers has one / Hyam . Just don't get them at all.
Sleeve tattoos on 12:26 - Feb 28 with 5861 viewsmonytowbray

I have a Sonic The Hedgehog sleeve.

But I have stuff on both arms.

And I'm employed.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sleeve tattoos on 12:27 - Feb 28 with 5856 viewsCurrie10

Sleeve tattoos on 12:26 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

I have a Sonic The Hedgehog sleeve.

But I have stuff on both arms.

And I'm employed.

Well that's at least a bit different to the usual drivel with stars / mumbo jumbo / pointless words / pictures of a head / lines / waves or anything else to make it be a certain length.

Out of interest, painful?
Sleeve tattoos on 12:28 - Feb 28 with 5856 viewsLightningboy

Can understand the odd one or two but the whole arm/body things just look hilarious..the likes of Beckham can carry it off but when you see some 4th rate players with them then you gotta laugh.

Too much money,too much spare time of an afternoon & copying their mates i’m guessing.
Sleeve tattoos on 12:33 - Feb 28 with 5833 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 12:27 - Feb 28 by Currie10

Well that's at least a bit different to the usual drivel with stars / mumbo jumbo / pointless words / pictures of a head / lines / waves or anything else to make it be a certain length.

Out of interest, painful?

Bits were. Inside of bicep, elbow and the bit in the crease on the other side were grim. Would have any part of that done over the back of my calf or stomach though, those were utter hell.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 12:33]

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 12:35 - Feb 28 with 5820 viewsCurrie10

Sleeve tattoos on 12:28 - Feb 28 by Lightningboy

Can understand the odd one or two but the whole arm/body things just look hilarious..the likes of Beckham can carry it off but when you see some 4th rate players with them then you gotta laugh.

Too much money,too much spare time of an afternoon & copying their mates i’m guessing.

Likewise, they aren't my jam whatsoever as I think tastes change. I don't get what's wrong with a picture on the wall. Seems many get one they love, then become addicted and get of the most idiotic things imaginable. Not everyone I may add.

I'm 32 - and did toy with getting one aged 17 / 18. Loved wrestling back then and perhaps inspired by the Mexican guys - your Rey Mysterio / Juve Guerrera fancied a big cross on upper arm.

Full sleeves are just a fad- like the tribal / celtic stuff 10-15 years ago. Women getting a tattoo lower back.

Out of interest, for those who have decided to have them removed - is this possible? Does the skin go back to normality, or does it become a right mess?
Sleeve tattoos on 12:35 - Feb 28 with 5817 viewsTIB

They're the in thing nowadays. I have a single tattoo on inside right calf...intending to extend it into a full sock / legging

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sleeve tattoos on 12:37 - Feb 28 with 5809 viewsCurrie10

Sleeve tattoos on 12:35 - Feb 28 by TIB

They're the in thing nowadays. I have a single tattoo on inside right calf...intending to extend it into a full sock / legging

I get in things like Yoyos / popper trousers / girls with trouser skirts and silly fads like this.

To simply cover an arm - probably costing a few grand due to a ' fad ' and to think you look a bit too cool for school is a little concerning!

I often wondered if Mr Beckham walked around with a lump of poo on his head all day long for two months how many people would think ' woooahhhhh that's soooo cool ' and follow suit.
Sleeve tattoos on 12:40 - Feb 28 with 5792 viewshampstead_blue

I do get it but I don't like all the pointless filling in most of them have.

I'm looking at an upper arm one based on my military service. Colours of units I've served with and my own Corps.

Do they hurt? I went white for the small ones I've got. Next time I go I'll be on tramadol for sure.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Sleeve tattoos on 12:41 - Feb 28 with 5782 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’ve got a thing for women with tattooed hands and exquisitely manicured nails.

Poll: W or W

Sleeve tattoos on 13:03 - Feb 28 with 5709 viewsitfcjoe

A bad life choice for me, like any tattoo visible if you were to wear a smart pair of shorts and a short sleeved shirt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:05 - Feb 28 with 5699 viewsReuser_is_God

Fashion innit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:24 - Feb 28 with 5657 viewsslump

I know a bloke who's arm is decked out in a kind of homage to the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel. Halo'd religious figures praying, angels flying etc. He has no idea who they represent nor is he anyway religious. He picked them out of a book, because they looked good.

Pillock

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 5656 viewsReuser_is_God

Sleeve tattoos on 13:24 - Feb 28 by slump

I know a bloke who's arm is decked out in a kind of homage to the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel. Halo'd religious figures praying, angels flying etc. He has no idea who they represent nor is he anyway religious. He picked them out of a book, because they looked good.

Pillock

This is what I don’t understand when people get these sleeve tattoos, they’re mostly full with sh1t you don’t even care about.

At least Callis’ Sonic stuff symbolises that he’ll never mature into an adult.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:30 - Feb 28 with 5635 viewsJimmyJazz

The idea would originally have been someone who had so many tattoos on their arm, they had almost run out of room. And, dependent on the most prominent tattoos, could look quite effective

A sleeve is a shortcut, get one tattoo that covers your entire arm - so it has lots of filler crap - and in the most part looks poor.

The other thing here is that original idea would have been multiple tattoos of varying colours. The sleeve is typically all black, or faded black.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 5625 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sleeve tattoos on 13:03 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

A bad life choice for me, like any tattoo visible if you were to wear a smart pair of shorts and a short sleeved shirt

How is it a bad life choice? It's not your life!

These sorts of threads always make me laugh. Why on Earth would anyone be bothered with or want to ridicule what anyone else has? They just have a different taste to you (not you specifically Joe).

People should just live and let live.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 5620 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sleeve tattoos on 12:41 - Feb 28 by BLUEBEAT

I’ve got a thing for women with tattooed hands and exquisitely manicured nails.

Ah yes, chavs!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sleeve tattoos on 13:40 - Feb 28 with 5606 viewsslump

Sleeve tattoos on 13:35 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

How is it a bad life choice? It's not your life!

These sorts of threads always make me laugh. Why on Earth would anyone be bothered with or want to ridicule what anyone else has? They just have a different taste to you (not you specifically Joe).

People should just live and let live.

Because it has the potential to make you look like a knob. Not just for the time that you are wearing that I'll advised fashion of ball crushing skinny jeans, but forever*

*I appreciate tattoos can be removed at great expense and pain

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 13:43 - Feb 28 with 5591 viewsDeano69

Sleeve tattoos on 13:05 - Feb 28 by Reuser_is_God

Fashion innit.

Bit too permanent to be a fashion

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Sleeve tattoos on 13:46 - Feb 28 with 5584 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sleeve tattoos on 13:40 - Feb 28 by slump

Because it has the potential to make you look like a knob. Not just for the time that you are wearing that I'll advised fashion of ball crushing skinny jeans, but forever*

*I appreciate tattoos can be removed at great expense and pain

My point is some people, including the wearer, may not think it makes someone "look like a knob".

People who always have to judge rather than just living and let living are more of "a knob" IMO. Those that spend their time criticising others are usually compensating for issues of their own.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sleeve tattoos on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 5578 viewsitfcbw

I've got a WW1 remembrance half sleeve. Really not looking forward to getting the inner arm done, i've got a small bit of it tattoo'd and it was painful as fook. Definitely going to have to have shorter sessions for it.
Sleeve tattoos on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 5579 viewsDarth_Koont

I quite like the idea of tattoos but unfortunately they have a wider significance too. That's just the way society and culture work.

So I think people should go for it if they really want one but don't be upset when you inevitably get lumped in with the demographic that is also getting tattoos. Let's face it you're not going to be associated with Prem footballers, musician and any other "free spirit" tattoo aficionado .. once it dies down, you're going to be associated with everyone who follows that.

It's like getting a permanent mullet.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sleeve tattoos on 13:53 - Feb 28 with 5543 viewsfabian_illness

I had a tattoo on my upper arm at the age of 17.
It was done in someone's shed at the bottom of their garden.
I still quite like it although I don't really pay much attention to it now.

Wouldn't want a whole arm full though.

But each to their own.
Sleeve tattoos on 13:57 - Feb 28 with 5522 viewsslump

Sleeve tattoos on 13:46 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

My point is some people, including the wearer, may not think it makes someone "look like a knob".

People who always have to judge rather than just living and let living are more of "a knob" IMO. Those that spend their time criticising others are usually compensating for issues of their own.

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 14:02 - Feb 28 with 5495 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 13:26 - Feb 28 by Reuser_is_God

This is what I don’t understand when people get these sleeve tattoos, they’re mostly full with sh1t you don’t even care about.

At least Callis’ Sonic stuff symbolises that he’ll never mature into an adult.

Damn right. Grown up stuff is boring and depressing.

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 14:04 - Feb 28 with 5485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sleeve tattoos on 13:57 - Feb 28 by slump

I don't know what your point is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024