Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sleeve tattoos 12:22 - Feb 28 with 11790 viewsCurrie10

Anyones thoughts / have one?

Must confess to not understanding bar a fashion trend why anyone would have one - with a lot having a picture of a head / stars / words in a line - the usual generic stuff that people seem to get in them.

Then the other arm has zero ink at all.

Chambers has one / Hyam . Just don't get them at all.
Sleeve tattoos on 14:04 - Feb 28 with 4451 viewsmonytowbray

It's 2018 and no one really cares about tattoo taboo anymore because it's irrelevant. I've always said if I had a job interview where they were a bit funny about it I'd walk away as clearly it's not the right fit for me. If some drawings on my body bother them so much to overlook the 6+ years of industry experience I have then that's their loss.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sleeve tattoos on 14:10 - Feb 28 with 4441 viewsbuoyant

Sleeve tattoos on 14:04 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know what your point is.

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 14:17 - Feb 28 with 4429 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 14:10 - Feb 28 by buoyant

Is that man made of straw?!

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 14:21 - Feb 28 with 4418 viewsbuoyant

Sleeve tattoos on 14:17 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

Is that man made of straw?!

The point was about making poor life choices.

Got my clipper ;)

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 4410 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 14:21 - Feb 28 by buoyant

Got my clipper ;)

Everyone's choices in life are poor. Life is poor. Humans are scum. We all die eventually.

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 14:32 - Feb 28 with 4393 viewsbuoyant

Sleeve tattoos on 14:22 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

Everyone's choices in life are poor. Life is poor. Humans are scum. We all die eventually.

We do as in I, but there is no I.

UTT

Sleeve tattoos on 14:49 - Feb 28 with 4372 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Interesting to know the % population who have a tattoo as it seems to have grown exponentially in the last decade to the point where almost everyone has one.

Have been tempted a few times, but only ever considered song lyrics which mean something to me as opposed to an image, but not sure if a 30 year old bloke with some soppy song lyrics on his shoulder blades is worse than that chap with something daft on his face.
Sleeve tattoos on 14:59 - Feb 28 with 4363 viewsitfcjoe

Sleeve tattoos on 13:35 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

How is it a bad life choice? It's not your life!

These sorts of threads always make me laugh. Why on Earth would anyone be bothered with or want to ridicule what anyone else has? They just have a different taste to you (not you specifically Joe).

People should just live and let live.

It is possible to live and live, and not overly care but think that someone is making bad life decisions.

I'm not outside tattoo parlours protesting and trying to make interventions - just think that a lot of tattoos are short sighted fashion faux pas that are a lot harder to walk away from than a pair of skinny jeans, an Alice band or twirly moustache.

They are part of how you present yourself, and for the vast majority will leave a bad first impression on some people that it may be in their interest to impress to get on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Sleeve tattoos on 15:02 - Feb 28 with 4357 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 14:59 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It is possible to live and live, and not overly care but think that someone is making bad life decisions.

I'm not outside tattoo parlours protesting and trying to make interventions - just think that a lot of tattoos are short sighted fashion faux pas that are a lot harder to walk away from than a pair of skinny jeans, an Alice band or twirly moustache.

They are part of how you present yourself, and for the vast majority will leave a bad first impression on some people that it may be in their interest to impress to get on

As I alluded to earlier, if someone's first impression is taking issue with a tattoo they're probably not worth knowing.

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 15:02 - Feb 28 with 4357 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sleeve tattoos on 12:33 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

Bits were. Inside of bicep, elbow and the bit in the crease on the other side were grim. Would have any part of that done over the back of my calf or stomach though, those were utter hell.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 12:33]

Inner arm was hell for me. Didn't help I had a stinking cold though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:03 - Feb 28 with 4358 viewsitfcjoe

Sleeve tattoos on 14:04 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

It's 2018 and no one really cares about tattoo taboo anymore because it's irrelevant. I've always said if I had a job interview where they were a bit funny about it I'd walk away as clearly it's not the right fit for me. If some drawings on my body bother them so much to overlook the 6+ years of industry experience I have then that's their loss.

Genuine question, would you have been as heavily tattooed (or were you in visible areas) before you gained a lot of industry experience which will be more important in your work and career now?

With no experience and no job in your industry would you still feel it would be their loss if they were turned off by being heavily tattooed?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:04 - Feb 28 with 4351 viewsitfcjoe

Sleeve tattoos on 15:02 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

As I alluded to earlier, if someone's first impression is taking issue with a tattoo they're probably not worth knowing.

Sometimes you have to know people though, not everyone can dictate who they work for and be that picky and who their employer works for

Sleeve tattoos on 15:05 - Feb 28 with 4349 viewsmonytowbray

Sleeve tattoos on 15:03 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

Genuine question, would you have been as heavily tattooed (or were you in visible areas) before you gained a lot of industry experience which will be more important in your work and career now?

With no experience and no job in your industry would you still feel it would be their loss if they were turned off by being heavily tattooed?

I will admit I was much more CV experienced before i got my knuckles done, and I work in a fairly chilled industry for that stuff.

But I see people in all walks of life with visible tattoos now. 12 years ago I worked in retail and was told if my tattoo was even visible under my shirt I'd be sent home. These days I get served by kids in shops with green hair and face tattoos.

The times are a-changin'

TWTD never forgets…

Sleeve tattoos on 15:12 - Feb 28 with 4328 viewsfootball89

I have ny childrens names tattooed on my lower arms and that's it at the moment. My brother in law has kurt cobain and jesus on opposite sides of his chest. When I asked him why jesus as he doesn't believe in religion. His response was it's popular at the moment. Can't help thinking he is a fool.
Sleeve tattoos on 15:13 - Feb 28 with 4325 viewsitfcjoe

Sleeve tattoos on 15:05 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

I will admit I was much more CV experienced before i got my knuckles done, and I work in a fairly chilled industry for that stuff.

But I see people in all walks of life with visible tattoos now. 12 years ago I worked in retail and was told if my tattoo was even visible under my shirt I'd be sent home. These days I get served by kids in shops with green hair and face tattoos.

The times are a-changin'

Times change quicker for the youth than those who they work for though - for me in construction at the high end of the market I am dealing with older retired people and not sure that one of our key employees presenting themselves covered in tatts would be right for our company so they'd most likely miss any opportunity here.

Same I'm sure in a lot of industries - it's obviously very different in yours, but the reality is most people won't work in something as chilled out and even if they've got a job at tesco where they can show it off it is likely that it could hold their career back if they try to move on

Sleeve tattoos on 15:15 - Feb 28 with 4313 viewschicoazul

Loads of rustled tattoo people in this thread as per.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:18 - Feb 28 with 4313 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chavtastic! (sorry Callis )

Maybe* I'm turning^ into a boring old fart, but they don't do it for me at all. Just seem to be a bit of a sad fashion trend like stupid beards and drainpipe trousers. But at least you can shave and take your trousers off.

*Definitely
^have turned

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:25 - Feb 28 with 4306 viewsMeadowlark

I'm fascinated by the thought process in a similar way that I can't figure out people who hold religious beliefs. By this, I mean that in general terms they seem normal, but then by doing something crazy like tattooing their neck or by praying or going to church they demonstrate that they certainly don't think the same way that I do.
Now I'm not saying they are wrong or right. It's just that I don't get it and no-one has been able to explain it to me.
So could someone please tell me in simple words why it is necessary to apply indelible ink to sections of your body and then to make sure that people can see the hieroglyphs by wearing inappropriate clothing?
Or why they go to church for that matter?
Sleeve tattoos on 15:45 - Feb 28 with 4284 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sleeve tattoos on 14:21 - Feb 28 by buoyant

Got my clipper ;)

You've used extreme cases to say that all tattoos are poor life choices.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:52 - Feb 28 with 4278 viewsgiant_stow

Sleeve tattoos on 15:18 - Feb 28 by Swansea_Blue

Chavtastic! (sorry Callis )

Maybe* I'm turning^ into a boring old fart, but they don't do it for me at all. Just seem to be a bit of a sad fashion trend like stupid beards and drainpipe trousers. But at least you can shave and take your trousers off.

*Definitely
^have turned

And I can trump your boring fartness and throw in a bit of sexism too. Don't like tatoos at all, but especially not on women - just makes them look like they've lived a hard life.

shoot me.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 15:52]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sleeve tattoos on 15:52 - Feb 28 with 4276 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sleeve tattoos on 15:25 - Feb 28 by Meadowlark

I'm fascinated by the thought process in a similar way that I can't figure out people who hold religious beliefs. By this, I mean that in general terms they seem normal, but then by doing something crazy like tattooing their neck or by praying or going to church they demonstrate that they certainly don't think the same way that I do.
Now I'm not saying they are wrong or right. It's just that I don't get it and no-one has been able to explain it to me.
So could someone please tell me in simple words why it is necessary to apply indelible ink to sections of your body and then to make sure that people can see the hieroglyphs by wearing inappropriate clothing?
Or why they go to church for that matter?

Why does anyone like art?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:54 - Feb 28 with 4271 viewsGavTWTD

Just get a fake one, indistinguishable from the real thing

or full chest

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Sleeve tattoos on 15:55 - Feb 28 with 4263 viewsstickymockwell

My wife has my name on her bum. She has T on one cheek and an M on ther other, so when she bends over it spells Tom.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Sleeve tattoos on 15:55 - Feb 28 with 4262 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sleeve tattoos on 15:54 - Feb 28 by GavTWTD

Just get a fake one, indistinguishable from the real thing

or full chest

Sleeve tattoos on 15:58 - Feb 28 with 4243 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sleeve tattoos on 15:55 - Feb 28 by stickymockwell

My wife has my name on her bum. She has T on one cheek and an M on ther other, so when she bends over it spells Tom.

That'll need a bit of work as she gets older. She'll have to become a follower of Transcendentalism or something.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 15:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024