Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to Stuart Watson.... 11:50 - Jun 7 with 6846 viewsTractorCam

Hurst has been looking into Portugal as pre season trip. Ireland already booked but Hurst and players keen for change, relies on Evans and whether he wants to finance it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

According to Stuart Watson.... on 11:59 - Jun 7 with 5086 viewsRobTheMonk

Good.
According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:03 - Jun 7 with 5061 viewsitfc48

According to Stuart Watson.... on 11:59 - Jun 7 by RobTheMonk

Good.

Let the U18's/U23's not involved in the senior squad have the Ireland trip. If we want them knocking on the door of the first team it would be great to give them this kind of experience.
According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:07 - Jun 7 with 5027 viewsRobTheMonk

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:03 - Jun 7 by itfc48

Let the U18's/U23's not involved in the senior squad have the Ireland trip. If we want them knocking on the door of the first team it would be great to give them this kind of experience.

That's actually quite a good idea. Unfortunately there's no way I can see ME financing it.
Ireland it is then. (n/t) on 12:32 - Jun 7 with 4848 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:39 - Jun 7 with 4786 viewsTractorWood

If it's up to Evans, it's not happening. It's nice for fans to have a change but in reality it's just a match fitness thing and it makes little difference who you play and where.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 12:40]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 4745 viewsitfcjoe

That would be nice

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:45 - Jun 7 with 4721 viewsSWGF

Do I bin off my mate's wedding which will be the same weekend.....?!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:06 - Jun 7 with 4576 viewsloves_to_spooge

Portugal would been nice but I hope it's Ireland still love the Ireland pre season game only an hour drive down the road and some day drinking
Login to get fewer ads

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:10 - Jun 7 with 4515 viewsDubtractor

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:07 - Jun 7 by RobTheMonk

That's actually quite a good idea. Unfortunately there's no way I can see ME financing it.

Would it really cost that much more to go to Portugal compared to Ireland?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:11 - Jun 7 with 4516 viewsJohnny_Boy

According to Stuart Watson.... on 12:03 - Jun 7 by itfc48

I suggested this a while back. If Ireland was already pre-booked by the previous regime, Hurst might want his own personal pre-season instead. Draw a line.

Let the Yoofs go over to Ireland with Alan Lee instead.
(what's the worse that could happen!! - actually, after the Amsterdam incident...)
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 13:19]
According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:13 - Jun 7 with 4481 viewsHerbivore

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:10 - Jun 7 by Dubtractor

I imagine it'd run into the tens of thousands. A party of 20-30 for 4 or 5 days requiring top notch facilities is not going to be cheap. Might be worth it though, a lot of athletes seek out warm weather training in the off season and with all due respect to Ireland it doesn't guarantee that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:14 - Jun 7 with 4472 viewsBackToRussia

Like it already demanding more funds excellent.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:15 - Jun 7 with 4462 viewsJohnny_Boy

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:13 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I imagine it'd run into the tens of thousands. A party of 20-30 for 4 or 5 days requiring top notch facilities is not going to be cheap. Might be worth it though, a lot of athletes seek out warm weather training in the off season and with all due respect to Ireland it doesn't guarantee that.

Pah - it's merely a hospitality tax write-off.
According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:15 - Jun 7 with 4460 viewsLord_Lucan

Of course not. Cheaper if anything.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 4408 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would imagine, for the whole coaching staff and players to go there. It won’t be no Holiday Inn. Transport, food, training, matchdays, would imagine the week would cost 50,000-75,000. Not mass money to Evans but considering Ireland pre booked would seem a waste of cash this year.

On the other hand would be very beneficial to do things Hurst’s way from the off and not begin the new regime with old routines.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:22 - Jun 7 with 4365 viewsHerbivore

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:15 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

Of course not. Cheaper if anything.

Although Ireland is already booked so this would be additional cost.

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:30 - Jun 7 with 4283 viewsLord_Lucan

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:22 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

Bloody Mick McCarthy, he did that in spite.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:43 - Jun 7 with 4187 viewsElderGrizzly

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:22 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

What is actually booked though? I'm sure we can cancel a few hotel rooms and flights
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 13:43]
According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:45 - Jun 7 with 4155 viewsKieran_Knows

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:43 - Jun 7 by ElderGrizzly

What is actually booked though? I'm sure we can cancel a few hotel rooms and flights
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 13:43]

I would imagine that's the issue though, isn't it? Cancelling a few room/flights at this late notice, and trying to find another resort in Portugal, plus finding teams to play against.

I notice Peterborough are going over to Portugal, and even at this stage they don't know who they are going to be playing against (they have penciled in 2 games).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:45 - Jun 7 with 4155 viewsitfcjoe

Just listening to a Shrewsbury season review podcast, and they are talking about pre season trip.

Seem to think it was so key in building the bond in the squad. And also triple sessions every day in 30 degree heat made them the fittest side in the league.

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:49 - Jun 7 with 4111 viewsHerbivore

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:45 - Jun 7 by itfcjoe

Just listening to a Shrewsbury season review podcast, and they are talking about pre season trip.

Seem to think it was so key in building the bond in the squad. And also triple sessions every day in 30 degree heat made them the fittest side in the league.

Got to be worth some serious consideration.

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:51 - Jun 7 with 4086 viewsElderGrizzly

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:45 - Jun 7 by Kieran_Knows

I would imagine that's the issue though, isn't it? Cancelling a few room/flights at this late notice, and trying to find another resort in Portugal, plus finding teams to play against.

I notice Peterborough are going over to Portugal, and even at this stage they don't know who they are going to be playing against (they have penciled in 2 games).

My point is, for a man who has built a fortune on putting on events, i'm sure he can find a way to make it happen if that is what Hurst wants.

Finding opposition I agree will be difficult now. That would appear to be a bigger issue
According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:52 - Jun 7 with 4063 viewsitfcjoe

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:51 - Jun 7 by ElderGrizzly

My point is, for a man who has built a fortune on putting on events, i'm sure he can find a way to make it happen if that is what Hurst wants.

Finding opposition I agree will be difficult now. That would appear to be a bigger issue

At that stage it doesn’t really matter - we’ve basically played Irish youth teams previously

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 4053 viewsSpruceMoose

The idea of pre-season in the wet and windy lands of Ireland, playing on heavy pitches akin to ploughed fields, against pub team opposition has always struck me as odd preparation.

On Champ manager I always sent them to southern Europe. Get themselves a tan, maybe some nice fish at a little restaurant down by the harbour, a little sight seeing of some ancient ruins, maybe a little golf. All these things aide a team in developing a slick passing game.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 4050 viewsKieran_Knows

According to Stuart Watson.... on 13:51 - Jun 7 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not denying that, I hope he gives Hurst what he wants!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024