Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... 13:09 - Jun 26 with 3472 viewsunstableblue

.. through Mick's entire tenure, Terry would set the strikers and forward looking players exactly the same drill. Exactly.

Goalie between sticks, terry or player dead centre, wrestle the attacking player a bit, player peels off and shoots.

Every single time, no variation. Even when goals were in short supply.

Crazy!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:11 - Jun 26 with 3062 viewsFtnfwest

i wont be happy if he re-uses micks selective water cannon before matches and at half time
Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 3040 viewsSomethingBlue

Mates at the training ground?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 3026 viewsBlueBadger

What I'm most looking forward to is a new slang term from the manager for 'fans' who insist on overanalysing every single thing they read and see just s's they can find something to moan about.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 13:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 2996 viewsHerbivore

I don't really care, it's just a warm up designed to, you know, warm the players up. I'm usually still at the pub while it's taking place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:25 - Jun 26 with 2978 viewsunstableblue

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:16 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

What I'm most looking forward to is a new slang term from the manager for 'fans' who insist on overanalysing every single thing they read and see just s's they can find something to moan about.

How about a 'kerfuffler' or perhaps 'whineagogo' or a 'snook'?

or how about 'TRUTHBRINGERS'? or 'ITSAFRICKINFOOTBALLFORUMERS'

Are you seriously telling me that it is valid to point out that repetitive drill and have HOPE that it will be improved next term?

You weren't a Mick apologist by any chance?

By the way I am extremely positive and overly optimistic about Ipswich.... but I'm not going to sit back and not make negative comment when we could barely pass for two seasons, bar the occasional performance.

I fully expect a lot of fans to have a 'come to a jesus moment' when they see their ipswich actually play with a system and energy, and moving the ball under Hurst.

jesus wept

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:28 - Jun 26 with 2959 viewsunstableblue

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:21 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

I don't really care, it's just a warm up designed to, you know, warm the players up. I'm usually still at the pub while it's taking place.

I'm normally in the stands by 1.45 checking how the pitch has been mown.... then I check the practice goals are in exactly the same positions... I bring a tape measure.. they were out by 2cms once.. it was very disapponting. Don't start me on counting the water bottles! tsssk

I question whether you are a true fan

But come on Herbivore you have to admit when you haven't scored in weeks... mixing up and changing the routine would have been a good idea.... let go of your entrenched views... OPEN YOUR EYES

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:30 - Jun 26 with 2942 viewsBryanPlug

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:25 - Jun 26 by unstableblue

Are you seriously telling me that it is valid to point out that repetitive drill and have HOPE that it will be improved next term?

By the way I am extremely positive and overly optimistic about Ipswich.... but I'm not going to sit back and not make negative comment when we could barely pass for two seasons, bar the occasional performance.

I fully expect a lot of fans to have a 'come to a jesus moment' when they see their ipswich actually play with a system and energy, and moving the ball under Hurst.

jesus wept

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:37 - Jun 26 with 2902 viewsLeoMuff

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:28 - Jun 26 by unstableblue

I'm normally in the stands by 1.45 checking how the pitch has been mown.... then I check the practice goals are in exactly the same positions... I bring a tape measure.. they were out by 2cms once.. it was very disapponting. Don't start me on counting the water bottles! tsssk

But come on Herbivore you have to admit when you haven't scored in weeks... mixing up and changing the routine would have been a good idea.... let go of your entrenched views... OPEN YOUR EYES

Well we will see, but I would suggest it did Murphy, mccgoldrick, Moore, garner and waggy no harm advised they significantly improved after signing or when MM came onboard.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:39 - Jun 26 with 2885 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:25 - Jun 26 by unstableblue

jesus wept

I think it's just a bit sad to be STILL trying to find things to whine about regarding the last regime, when it's a) been gone getting on for 3 months and b) then try to claim you're talking 'truth' when the biggest threads of the last 24 hours have been full of people making sh1t up to try and prove a point about said regime.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:41 - Jun 26 with 2879 viewsartsbossbeard

It's simply a standard warm up drill. Every club does this.

Every.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:43 - Jun 26 with 2864 viewstextbackup

different everything is what excites me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:43 - Jun 26 with 2863 viewsBackToRussia

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:41 - Jun 26 by artsbossbeard

Every.

Be honest, you don't know that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:44 - Jun 26 with 2863 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:41 - Jun 26 by artsbossbeard

Every.

And rather misses the point of a drill. Drills are by their very nature, repetitive. They're designed to produce instinctive response to situations.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:44 - Jun 26 with 2853 viewsBackToRussia

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:44 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

And rather misses the point of a drill. Drills are by their very nature, repetitive. They're designed to produce instinctive response to situations.

Does that mean you have to do the same drills every time? I'll save you time, no it doesn't.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 2846 viewsartsbossbeard

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:43 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

Be honest, you don't know that.

As a youth footy coach, I do tend to watch the warm up drills for some tips (this is when I leave the pub in enough time). Both teams on the day will go through this same type of warm up with the strikers/attacking midfielders get involved with this type of drill. Always.

Apology accepted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 2827 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:44 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

Does that mean you have to do the same drills every time? I'll save you time, no it doesn't.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 2812 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:21 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

People find some odd things to get excited about. Can't we just be excited that we're going into a new season with a new broom and the promise of some evolution at ITFC, rather than obsessing over pointlessly picky nitpickery?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 2766 viewsHerbivore

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:28 - Jun 26 by unstableblue

That first paragraph made me chuckle, good work.

It's a warm up, it's just one drill to get the blood pumping and hit a few balls. It's not like that's the only thing they do on the training ground. I imagine Hurst will also have a favoured warm up routine for the players. You're going to lose your sh!t if he uses the same one as Mick!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:08 - Jun 26 with 2720 viewsBackToRussia

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:46 - Jun 26 by artsbossbeard

As a youth footy coach, I do tend to watch the warm up drills for some tips (this is when I leave the pub in enough time). Both teams on the day will go through this same type of warm up with the strikers/attacking midfielders get involved with this type of drill. Always.

Apology accepted.

Convenient your memory is so good really isn't it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:12 - Jun 26 with 2699 viewsartsbossbeard

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:08 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

Convenient your memory is so good really isn't it.

I seem to have the ability to wind you very easily.

Is it just me or can other posters get under your skin so simply?

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:13 - Jun 26 with 2697 viewsLuk38644

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:50 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

People find some odd things to get excited about. Can't we just be excited that we're going into a new season with a new broom and the promise of some evolution at ITFC, rather than obsessing over pointlessly picky nitpickery?

If some fans want to be excited by all the new procedures and warm-ups, let them, because we've been starved of excitement for 2 seasons, so any little minor change that brings about excitement for a few fans, good bloody job.
Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:16 - Jun 26 with 2676 viewsBackToRussia

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 14:12 - Jun 26 by artsbossbeard

I seem to have the ability to wind you very easily.

Is it just me or can other posters get under your skin so simply?

We're talking about warm up routines. Think you may have misjudged my tone.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 16:54 - Jun 26 with 2489 viewsfactual_blue

I hope you have a comprehensive set of data, ideally captured in a spreadsheet that enables you to correlate mowing policy, number of water bottles, attendance figures and match result. Some nifty SUMPRODUCT functions would do the trick.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 2378 viewsfactual_blue

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 13:16 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

As so many seem to be on this website of Phil Ham's, why not call them 'hamsters'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 18:22 - Jun 26 with 2351 viewsunstableblue

Who else is looking forward to a different warm up routine for the strikers... on 16:54 - Jun 26 by factual_blue

I hope you have a comprehensive set of data, ideally captured in a spreadsheet that enables you to correlate mowing policy, number of water bottles, attendance figures and match result. Some nifty SUMPRODUCT functions would do the trick.

I created a pivot table and I found a direct correlation between Mick McCarthy being the manager on the bench at the start of the game and a very low number of passes, runs, and shots. Excel delivers again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024