Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing 08:25 - Aug 15 with 4971 viewssparks

Is its increasing fickle and ridiculous support.

Building a new team with a totally new approach and tactics takes time. Not just weeks, but months or even years of fine tuning and adjustment, developing patterns of play, an ethos and understanding and building the right group of players to make it work.

The most worrying thing, right now, is not that the team has not instantly become a promotion chasing outfit, but that the supporters will get on the players' and manager's backs, will endlessly talk the team down on here and elsewhere, will groan and huff and puff at matches and will scupper the project before it has even a chance. It has begun already, and has a serious prospect of becoming self fulfilling.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:30 - Aug 15 with 2864 viewshomer_123

Since Saturday..... by homer_123 13 Aug 2018 9:50
Mick was right, numbskulls with a sense of entitlement now that they have a percevied taste blood (as they think they ousted Mick).

It's a concern.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:33 - Aug 15 with 2826 viewsitfctim

To be fair, the opening three fixtures could have been a far sterner test than they were..the next three certainly are. A degree of disappointment is human nature, and understandable, in the circumstances. What concerns me more, is that this is PH's team, the majority assembled by him. Early days, yes, but the fact players are not showing the basic attributes that they were signed on for is of concern. This is a massive learning curve for all involved, and a lack of confidence, and self belief, will certainly stifle any 'new era' positivity quickly.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:34 - Aug 15 with 2818 viewsIP33

Just make sure the players know the majority are still behind them. Get behind them Saturday & stay supportive throughout the game. No need to panic, we are three games in. Results will come.

COYB.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 2808 viewssparks

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:33 - Aug 15 by itfctim

To be fair, the opening three fixtures could have been a far sterner test than they were..the next three certainly are. A degree of disappointment is human nature, and understandable, in the circumstances. What concerns me more, is that this is PH's team, the majority assembled by him. Early days, yes, but the fact players are not showing the basic attributes that they were signed on for is of concern. This is a massive learning curve for all involved, and a lack of confidence, and self belief, will certainly stifle any 'new era' positivity quickly.

This is just nonsense. 3 games. Stop being part of the problem.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 2797 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whether any of us thinks it’s sensible or not, a few fans showing their emotions on a football forum is the least of the problems facing the club and PH.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 2795 viewsJohnny_Boy

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:30 - Aug 15 by homer_123

Since Saturday..... by homer_123 13 Aug 2018 9:50
Mick was right, numbskulls with a sense of entitlement now that they have a percevied taste blood (as they think they ousted Mick).

It's a concern.

Are they the same fans though? Surely the majority that wanted the change should expect it'll take time to build. However, I can understand the pro-Hoofers gleefully rubbing their hands & sticking the knife in.

So maybe your beef is with them?
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:37 - Aug 15 with 2785 viewsblueprint

Even if the worst thing happened and we were relegated I still believe we should back the manager. The team was in need of a total overhaul and the new side was never going to gel overnight. I really despair at some of our fans but throwing their toys out of the prom before August has finished.
on 08:40 - Aug 15 with 2744 views_

Login to get fewer ads

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:40 - Aug 15 with 2752 viewsblueconscience

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:37 - Aug 15 by blueprint

Even if the worst thing happened and we were relegated I still believe we should back the manager. The team was in need of a total overhaul and the new side was never going to gel overnight. I really despair at some of our fans but throwing their toys out of the prom before August has finished.

Maybe a relegation will help us in the long run like the Scum and Southampton etc, but if not it will be 20 years of proper football grounds.

so win win for the fans.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:44 - Aug 15 with 2714 viewsIP33

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:37 - Aug 15 by blueprint

I think it's far too early to say whether to back the manager if we were relegated. I'm confident we will pick-up a win soon.

Our fans are embarrassing.. But I think it's fickle football fans in general nowadays. It's no different to Derby writing of Waghorn after one poor display. We will come good I'm sure of it.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:45 - Aug 15 with 2700 viewsBrixtonBlue

No-one expected them to "instantly become a promotion chasing outfit", but we hoped to be better than a fluked last minute draw against Blackburn and losses against Rotherham and Exeter.

Paul Hurst is angry and worried... I'm not surprised some supporters are too.

While the gist of what you say is right, have some understanding of human emotion, don't exaggerate, and realise that the club, Hurst and his project is not above discussion or even criticism.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:50]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 2686 viewsSomethingBlue

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:33 - Aug 15 by itfctim

Some of them have literally been at the club for a week. We need to relax otherwise all this b8llocks will become self-fulfilling very quickly indeed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:48 - Aug 15 with 2656 viewsBrixtonBlue

I hate the phrase "throwing their toys out of the pram". People care about this club, are passionate, and want us to do well. That's all it is.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:49 - Aug 15 with 2650 viewsDubtractor

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:47 - Aug 15 by SomethingBlue

Some of them have literally been at the club for a week. We need to relax otherwise all this b8llocks will become self-fulfilling very quickly indeed.

Honestly, some of the stuff posted on here, after THREE FOOKING GAMES, is absurd.

Lets see where we are, and how we are playing, in October/November.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:52 - Aug 15 with 2615 viewsSomethingBlue

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:49 - Aug 15 by Dubtractor

Honestly, some of the stuff posted on here, after THREE FOOKING GAMES, is absurd.

Lets see where we are, and how we are playing, in October/November.

Exactly. I don't even think I'm going to look at the table — from a Town point of view anyway — til around then.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:53 - Aug 15 with 2598 viewssparks

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:45 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

No-one expected them to "instantly become a promotion chasing outfit", but we hoped to be better than a fluked last minute draw against Blackburn and losses against Rotherham and Exeter.

Paul Hurst is angry and worried... I'm not surprised some supporters are too.

While the gist of what you say is right, have some understanding of human emotion, don't exaggerate, and realise that the club, Hurst and his project is not above discussion or even criticism.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:50]

Sorry- but your post is jammed full of things I didn't say and supposition.

No one says its not something to discuss, even critically. No one says that its abnormal to feel disappointed or to have emotions.

No one suggests that anyone expected to be a promotion chasing outfit. No one suggests we didnt hope for better results than have been seen so far.

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:54 - Aug 15 with 2584 viewssparks

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:48 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

I hate the phrase "throwing their toys out of the pram". People care about this club, are passionate, and want us to do well. That's all it is.

Passionate appears to have become a synonym for ignorant, agressive or reactionary in football these days.

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:56 - Aug 15 with 2558 viewsBluebell

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:47 - Aug 15 by SomethingBlue

And thereby you clarify the problem.

Perhaps Hurst should have waited until the new players had gelled together and used more of our 'old' players, be it academy or others, to play.

By the end of the game on Saturday we had used all 9 new players. We know Downes, Morris, Nydam, Emmanuel and Kenlock can step up to the plate but they are being ignored for the new ones.

I am not knocking any of the players Hurst has brought in but perhaps they should have been training with all others more before they were thrown in at the deep end.

As others have said it is early days but with Villa, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich being the next 4 games, I struggle to see where any points are coming from.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 2555 viewsjasondozzell

Total nonsense. 'Players are not showing basic attributes that they were brought in for'? So Edwards hasn't looked like a bright, positive, skilful winger? Chalobah hasn't looked v promising for someone making their professional debut? Tayo not a bright prospect?

We need to be patient and stop overreacting!
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:58 - Aug 15 with 2539 viewsjasondozzell

Excellent post.

Sometimes feel as if some supporters think supporting the team just means expecting constant success and moaning if it is not delivered immediately
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 09:06 - Aug 15 with 2477 viewshatch

It was nice being at the game yesterday with 351 fans, many of whom had travelled long distances to see us get knocked out the first round in a disappointing performance yet stood to applaud at the end. Thankfully the majority of support who are in attendance are backing the boys and not flouncing.

I briefly saw Ian Milne after the game and told him that spirits are high and he’s back to having a patient fan base.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 09:06 - Aug 15 with 2471 viewsdirtyboy

Is it his team though?

There's a large dose of his players, but there's obviously a hangover from Mick's tenure that Paul has to ease off the table and that's what's going to take time.
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 09:10 - Aug 15 with 2426 viewstrncbluearmy

Think your confusing our support with a few comments on here,generally ITFC fans are knowledgeable and patient and fully realise this is an ongoing project
One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 2411 viewsStokieBlue

Your post is entirely correct.

It's a general thing in the modern world unfortunately. With social media and 24 hour connectivity people expect things quicker. Patience is something that is in short supply.

I bet nobody plays Risk anymore. A far too lengthy process.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 09:12 - Aug 15 with 2407 viewsBrixtonBlue

One of the biggest problems this club and PH is facing on 08:53 - Aug 15 by sparks

Sorry- but your post is jammed full of things I didn't say and supposition.

No one says its not something to discuss, even critically. No one says that its abnormal to feel disappointed or to have emotions.

No one suggests that anyone expected to be a promotion chasing outfit. No one suggests we didnt hope for better results than have been seen so far.

Wow, you don't even know what you've written. My "instantly become a promotion chasing outfit" quote was directly lifted from your OP...the suggestion, of course, that some people expected that.

Meanwhile, all the "endlessly talking the team down on here and elsewhere?groan and huff and puff" is the manifestation of the disappointment and human emotion I mentioned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024