Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair 13:48 - Oct 3 with 1953 viewsclive_baker

And does what he should've done years ago, giving me the job, this is what I'm going with at Swansea:

Bart
Donacien Chambers Pennington Knudsen
Edwards Chalobah Dozzell Edun
Sears Jackson

Bench: Gerken, Skuse, Ward, Downes, Rowe, Folami, Nsiala.

I'm also getting straight on the phone to St Johnstone and Forest Green to get Nydam and Morris back. Right after I've found a buyer for Spence, Nolan, Nsiala, Harrison and Roberts.

I'm sorry, Clive Baker doesn't have time for passengers

#NEWERA

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What a forward line that is..... on 13:50 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsBloots

....it would strike fear into any girls under 9's team.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:50 - Oct 3 with 1919 viewsJ2BLUE

CB out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:51 - Oct 3 with 1912 viewsCoastalblue

If Dozzell limped off you would never be able to show your face on here again.

If he doesn't run the game then you will have ruined him for all time.

#Bakerout

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:55 - Oct 3 with 1894 viewsclive_baker

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:51 - Oct 3 by Coastalblue

If Dozzell limped off you would never be able to show your face on here again.

If he doesn't run the game then you will have ruined him for all time.

#Bakerout

I'll probably bring Downes on for him in the 2nd half to keep him fresh and help protect the 2 goal lead, we know how dangerous they are.

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:56 - Oct 3 with 1882 viewsSeablu

I'd like to keep Nsiala, but you can ditch the others you mention.

I'm looking for midtable stability this season or you're out & Shefki gets a go. And don't go dragging Burley in as your assistant. That bird's most definitely flown.
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:57 - Oct 3 with 1879 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I agree entirely with the fact that we haven't got any room for sentiment with some of these players, I think Dozzell and Chalobah is a midfield 2 that would get run rings round defensively.

Dozzell insta the quickest, his brain is probably the quickest, but legs less so. Id want to be playing Dozzell as high as possible and just say, go and control this match, and let Skuse and Chalobah cover the defensive side of things.

Would also take Rowe over Edun. Rowe has been scoring goal after goal in the u23's, he deserves at least 5 games on the trot in the team.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What a forward line that is..... on 13:57 - Oct 3 with 1863 viewsFixed_It

What a forward line that is..... on 13:50 - Oct 3 by Bloots

Don't underestimate U9 Girls football.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What a forward line that is..... on 13:58 - Oct 3 with 1863 viewsHennikerBlu

Genius ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:01 - Oct 3 with 1850 viewsClapham_Junction

Think you might want to get Woolfenden back as well before you get rid of Nsiala and Spence.

Or will you be calling up Corrie Ndaba?
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:03 - Oct 3 with 1843 viewsclive_baker

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 13:57 - Oct 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I agree entirely with the fact that we haven't got any room for sentiment with some of these players, I think Dozzell and Chalobah is a midfield 2 that would get run rings round defensively.

Dozzell insta the quickest, his brain is probably the quickest, but legs less so. Id want to be playing Dozzell as high as possible and just say, go and control this match, and let Skuse and Chalobah cover the defensive side of things.

Would also take Rowe over Edun. Rowe has been scoring goal after goal in the u23's, he deserves at least 5 games on the trot in the team.

It would definitely be a big ask of Chalobah with Dozzell alongside him as like you I would like to see him getting forward and creating, supporting the front 2. I like Chalobah though, he's so far from being perfect but he's got something about him and I would love to see him dominating that holding role and making it his own. He's been a bit stop start thus far. What we've struggled to do is control the midfield and look after the ball, thus resulting on long balls forward to an isolated front man. What i'm proposing is 4 really good footballers in midfield. Arguably the best footballers from those available. 3 of the 4 represent England at yoof level and the other is one of the brighter sparks this season.

I agree about Rowe, I've got him on the bench and I don't see why he hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do in this current plight.

As for the front 2 I agree They're hardly proven top class at this level but they're as good as we've got, depressingly.

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:04 - Oct 3 with 1831 viewsclive_baker

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:01 - Oct 3 by Clapham_Junction

Think you might want to get Woolfenden back as well before you get rid of Nsiala and Spence.

Or will you be calling up Corrie Ndaba?

Ideally yes, but I can't imagine Swindon would be open to it, he's doing very well by all accounts. Nydam and Morris have hardly had a kick. Bring them home.

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:07 - Oct 3 with 1812 viewsitfcjoe

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:04 - Oct 3 by clive_baker

Ideally yes, but I can't imagine Swindon would be open to it, he's doing very well by all accounts. Nydam and Morris have hardly had a kick. Bring them home.

--------------------Bart----------------
Donacien--Nsiala--Chambers--Knudsen
------------------Chalobah------------
---------------Dozzell---Edun----------
----Edwards---------------------Sears
---------------------Jackson----------

But as more of a 433 than a 451.

Get an extra body in the middle of the park to help out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:11 - Oct 3 with 1785 viewsTractorCam

Folami is currently in Australia, not sure you're up to the task!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What a forward line that is..... on 14:14 - Oct 3 with 1765 viewsWD19

Is Jamie Cureton available.
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:20 - Oct 3 with 1726 viewsclive_baker

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:11 - Oct 3 by TractorCam

Folami is currently in Australia, not sure you're up to the task!

I've booked him on the first plane home.

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:24 - Oct 3 with 1694 viewsFrimleyBlue

ME also, sacks Milnes and Makes me chairman.

My first job will be to self fund coaches for all away supporters for the match, with a provision that we as a club will cover the cost of fans Swansea entrance fees should we lose. Funded by the players themselves.

Next action would be to realise that the squad is shte so need to get the fans onside. Opening up £10 home games for adults, £5 for pensioners and free for under 18s and using some of Evans lovely cash, to refund season ticket holders so they aren't out of pocket.

:)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:30 - Oct 3 with 1667 viewsHarry_Palmer

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:07 - Oct 3 by itfcjoe

--------------------Bart----------------
Donacien--Nsiala--Chambers--Knudsen
------------------Chalobah------------
---------------Dozzell---Edun----------
----Edwards---------------------Sears
---------------------Jackson----------

But as more of a 433 than a 451.

Get an extra body in the middle of the park to help out

I think I'd go with Pennington over Nsiala but I like that team. Skuse was absolute dross last night. If he is not going to protect the back four then there is little point in him being there.

At least Dozzell & Edun will try and pass forwards and offer some sort of creativity to our attacking play.
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:57 - Oct 3 with 1591 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Pretty sure Morris doesn't have a recall clause...

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 15:00 - Oct 3 with 1572 viewsdavblue

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 14:24 - Oct 3 by FrimleyBlue

ME also, sacks Milnes and Makes me chairman.

My first job will be to self fund coaches for all away supporters for the match, with a provision that we as a club will cover the cost of fans Swansea entrance fees should we lose. Funded by the players themselves.

Next action would be to realise that the squad is shte so need to get the fans onside. Opening up £10 home games for adults, £5 for pensioners and free for under 18s and using some of Evans lovely cash, to refund season ticket holders so they aren't out of pocket.

:)

What about bringing in Kevin Davies to play the holding midfield role?

He's a free agent after all and you had earmarked him for that role in the England team.
Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 15:02 - Oct 3 with 1564 viewsFrimleyBlue

Right, in a world where Hurst gets sacked tomorrow and ME grows a pair on 15:00 - Oct 3 by davblue

What about bringing in Kevin Davies to play the holding midfield role?

He's a free agent after all and you had earmarked him for that role in the England team.

Could do, not quite young enough for hurst to go for though. And has way to much experience to even be considered

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024