Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) 12:02 - Oct 8 with 6713 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:28 - Oct 8 with 4440 viewsBlueBadger

Jodie Whittaker totally sells it that she IS the Doctor, slightly thin plot, but then again the 'new Doctor' stories often are, I liked Bradley Walsh in it a lot and the villain was a nicely imaginative design.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:30 - Oct 8 with 4447 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As a massive Dr Who fan, I always expect to be disappointed with new doctors because they are never going to start on a par with your favourite, but over time they can grow to be.

I thought David Tennant was great, Matt Smith even better and Peter Capaldi was poor. Just came across as an angry, agitated version, lacking much of the humour that makes it so good.

I've got absolutely no problem with a woman Doctor. I can get my head around it, but the romantic interest part is going to be interesting because you'd imagine that the long standing attraction is quite clearly proven to be towards women. So whether that means a lesbian Dr who knows.

Would certainly give the PC lot something to moan about. They are having a field day on Twitter with a woman Dr, a white man companion, who was married to a black woman and a young black and young Asian companion. 2 men, 2 women, across young and old, white, black and Asian, northern and southern. Plenty moaning about the most deserving people not be given parts in order to tick boxes.

I think Jodie did okay. Could certainly grow to like her but a few times she acted like a stereotypical woman rather than the Dr we know. Much more empathy, more willing to talk about family. Didn't seem like the Dr at all, but what they expect a woman to generally be, which was poor.

I thought that script with Tennant or Smith though would have been incredible. Better than I thought she was be, but overly not blown away.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:49 - Oct 8 with 4400 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not a Dr Who fan (well I was in the 80's), and only saw a bit of it, but I thought she seemed quite wooden to be honest.

Then again, the only Dr Who that I think I've seen that did a decent job in modern times was probably David Tennant.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:59 - Oct 8 with 4372 viewsfooters

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:30 - Oct 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As a massive Dr Who fan, I always expect to be disappointed with new doctors because they are never going to start on a par with your favourite, but over time they can grow to be.

I thought David Tennant was great, Matt Smith even better and Peter Capaldi was poor. Just came across as an angry, agitated version, lacking much of the humour that makes it so good.

I've got absolutely no problem with a woman Doctor. I can get my head around it, but the romantic interest part is going to be interesting because you'd imagine that the long standing attraction is quite clearly proven to be towards women. So whether that means a lesbian Dr who knows.

Would certainly give the PC lot something to moan about. They are having a field day on Twitter with a woman Dr, a white man companion, who was married to a black woman and a young black and young Asian companion. 2 men, 2 women, across young and old, white, black and Asian, northern and southern. Plenty moaning about the most deserving people not be given parts in order to tick boxes.

I think Jodie did okay. Could certainly grow to like her but a few times she acted like a stereotypical woman rather than the Dr we know. Much more empathy, more willing to talk about family. Didn't seem like the Dr at all, but what they expect a woman to generally be, which was poor.

I thought that script with Tennant or Smith though would have been incredible. Better than I thought she was be, but overly not blown away.

Why would anyone complain about a female doctor in a sci-fi programme that contains daleks, time travel and an infinitely large police box?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:03 - Oct 8 with 4357 viewsFrimleyBlue

Unsure for the need to change genders tbh, Dr Who is a time 'lord'

We going for a female james bond next?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:06 - Oct 8 with 4334 viewsBlueBadger

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:03 - Oct 8 by FrimleyBlue

They'll be wanting the VOTE next.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 8 with 4338 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:03 - Oct 8 by FrimleyBlue

Unlikely, until Twitter explodes in outrage;

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/05/there-will-never-be-a-female-james-

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 8 with 4341 viewsSuperfrans

There have been several female time lords in the past...

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a847222/doctor-who-female-timelo

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:08 - Oct 8 with 4331 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:06 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

They'll be wanting the VOTE next.

Lazy response.

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 4284 viewsBlueBadger

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:08 - Oct 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lazy response.

I'm not wasting the good material on something that lame.

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 8 with 4287 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 8 by Superfrans

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/feature/a847222/doctor-who-female-timelo

Not as Dr Who though.

Every one has a personal preference, I'm not keen on the role being taken by a female, for me it doesn't represent the Dr. But that's my personal opinion.

Not going to take to twitter like some have has it's not exactly end of the world stuff. But I am a bit gutted

Waka waka eh eh

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:18 - Oct 8 with 4265 viewsBlueBadger

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:59 - Oct 8 by footers

Why would anyone complain about a female doctor in a sci-fi programme that contains daleks, time travel and an infinitely large police box?

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/16/fictional-time-travellers-dont-have-vaginas-insi

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:18 - Oct 8 with 4265 viewsBlueBadger

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not as Dr Who though.

Every one has a personal preference, I'm not keen on the role being taken by a female, for me it doesn't represent the Dr. But that's my personal opinion.

Not going to take to twitter like some have has it's not exactly end of the world stuff. But I am a bit gutted

It's just a daft kids' show about a time travelling alien that fights talking dustbins, I suspect that the lead actors' genitals are unlikely to be the part that's most unbelievable about it.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 13:24]

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:20 - Oct 8 with 4262 viewsKeno

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:18 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

It's just a daft kids' show about a time travelling alien that fights talking dustbins, I suspect that the lead actors' genitals are unlikely to be the part that's most unbelievable about it.

WHAT!!!!!!

I thought it was a documentary!!!

you'll be telling me next the Daleks arent real

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:20 - Oct 8 with 4258 viewsfooters

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:18 - Oct 8 by BlueBadger

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:25 - Oct 8 with 4226 viewsBlueBadger

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 8 by Superfrans

Female humans aren't called 'huwomans'...

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:35 - Oct 8 with 4208 viewsGeoffSentence

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 12:49 - Oct 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not a Dr Who fan (well I was in the 80's), and only saw a bit of it, but I thought she seemed quite wooden to be honest.

Then again, the only Dr Who that I think I've seen that did a decent job in modern times was probably David Tennant.

Eccleston was the best of the new doctors by a country mile.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 4197 viewsBenters2

I thought it was crap it shouldnt have been allowed.

She should have stayed in Broadchurch.
Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 4171 viewsSuperfrans

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not as Dr Who though.

So you've moved on from your initial point then - that it's about "Timelords" not "Timeladies"...

Bottom line is, the Dr is an alien being. There is no reason at all why an alien would conform to genders as we understand them.

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:47 - Oct 8 with 4155 viewsSuperfrans

I really like the idea of Doctor Who, I like the various actors who've been cast to play him/her since it was rebooted by Russell T Davies and I love the theme tune. But since Matt Smith took over from David Tennant, I've found myself increasingly baffled (and actually a bit bored) by the plots. I lasted about 20 minutes last night before I picked up my book...

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 8 with 4120 viewslowhouseblue

the bbc's take on the ethnic mix in sheffield was interesting.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 8 with 4128 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:47 - Oct 8 by Superfrans

I really like the idea of Doctor Who, I like the various actors who've been cast to play him/her since it was rebooted by Russell T Davies and I love the theme tune. But since Matt Smith took over from David Tennant, I've found myself increasingly baffled (and actually a bit bored) by the plots. I lasted about 20 minutes last night before I picked up my book...

Aye 'picked up my book'

Thats a new euphemism!!

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:52 - Oct 8 with 4118 viewsSuperfrans

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Aye 'picked up my book'

Thats a new euphemism!!

My wife and daughter were in the room, so my book was very much the only thing I picked up... ;-)

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:52 - Oct 8 with 4119 viewsIpswichKnight

I really enjoyed it, it was fun but still a bit dark ( 5 people died and the woman who fell to earth was the person who died! ). As someone was saying on a podcast I was listening to on my way into work this morning the first episode of a new Dr is not a good one to judge on, take the 2nd episode as a guide as to what the series is going to do.
Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 14:09 - Oct 8 with 4077 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dr Who - what y'all think of the new one then? (n/t) on 13:42 - Oct 8 by Superfrans

So you've moved on from your initial point then - that it's about "Timelords" not "Timeladies"...

Bottom line is, the Dr is an alien being. There is no reason at all why an alien would conform to genders as we understand them.

It's changing the character that we know, There have been many time ladies, which is even the subject line in the link you posted.

It's another change whereby you're not allowed to be annoyed by it, otherwise you clearly don't like females.

If they wanted a series with a female lead, create a new series... that's my opinion anyway.

It's personal choice if you take to a character,

However, it seems it's no longer your choice to enjoy the programmes or sports you always have as they are desperate to bring in as many females into this roles as possible, when there really is no need to change things.

I didn't really like the last Doctor, but still liked the programme and was hoping for a David Tennant like actor to come in to bring back the quirkiness yet serious persona, but so far, none of the catch phrases used, esp on previews, have the same effect as before. "I’m the Doctor, when people need help, I never refuse" just doesn't come across to me as it would if Tennant said it for example.

Each to their own, but it's a shame

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024