Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today 16:38 - Oct 26 with 9192 viewsartsbossbeard

"It's not worked out for them since I left. I have no sympathy for those who were hounding me"

Now, I didn't hear it but it looks to me like 2x sentences edited together from the interview rather than 2x sentences said together. Anyone hear it and can confirm/deny?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:39 - Oct 26 with 5926 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn't matter really. It's a fair comment isn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:41 - Oct 26 with 5891 viewsCoastalblue

I just wish Mick would take another job so everybody including him could just move on.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:41 - Oct 26 with 5885 viewsartsbossbeard

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:39 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

Well, yes but just interested if it had been spliced together for maximum impact purposes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:43 - Oct 26 with 5840 viewsBlueySwede

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:41 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Well, yes but just interested if it had been spliced together for maximum impact purposes.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/438321/mick-mccarthy-no-sympathy-ipswich-fans
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:46 - Oct 26 with 5792 viewsartsbossbeard

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:43 - Oct 26 by BlueySwede

https://talksport.com/football/efl/438321/mick-mccarthy-no-sympathy-ipswich-fans

Cheers for this.

Spliced together then.

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:46 - Oct 26 with 5795 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick's not-so-secret lovechild Barry Glendenning has once again been stoking the fires on Twitter. He has a very odd obsession with Mick.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:51 - Oct 26 with 5693 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Fair comments both......unless used in the context of "they shouldn't have got rid of me". His time was very much up and I don't see many other clubs desperate to offer him a job

Some humility might be a good idea on his part
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:53 - Oct 26 with 5661 viewsartsbossbeard

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:51 - Oct 26 by Uncle_Bulgaria

Fair comments both......unless used in the context of "they shouldn't have got rid of me". His time was very much up and I don't see many other clubs desperate to offer him a job

Some humility might be a good idea on his part

“I had my spell there, I loved it, enjoyed it and some of them made their feelings known and it’s not worked out for them since I’ve left, has it?

“I’ll make it clear, it wasn’t everybody. It was a fair section of them and I had a real happy time there because there are a lot of good people and I feel for them.

“But I have to say, the ones that were hounding me for 18 months to two years, I’ve got no sympathy for them at all. They’ve got what they deserved.”

Login to get fewer ads

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:54 - Oct 26 with 5643 viewsjpring89

Micks time was up anyway hounded or not. He won’t care and why should he. This obviously makes him look like a miracle worker, Which to an extent he was. I don’t really care what anyone says aslong as we finish 21st or above it’s championship status retained which is the only aim for our club now.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:55 - Oct 26 with 5616 viewsDarth_Koont

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:39 - Oct 26 by J2BLUE

I've got to say one of the worst things about modern football is that when things aren't going well for your team that's often compounded by a vocal minority doing their best to prove that things aren't going well for the human race either.

At times like that, their actions and words definitely chip away at your connection to and love for the club.

Pronouns: He/Him

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 5604 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:53 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

“I had my spell there, I loved it, enjoyed it and some of them made their feelings known and it’s not worked out for them since I’ve left, has it?

“I’ll make it clear, it wasn’t everybody. It was a fair section of them and I had a real happy time there because there are a lot of good people and I feel for them.

“But I have to say, the ones that were hounding me for 18 months to two years, I’ve got no sympathy for them at all. They’ve got what they deserved.”

Thank you Artbossbeard.....some very welcome context

I always liked him as a bloke.....his football, less so
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 5610 viewsReuser_is_God

I hate talking about MM but he really wasn’t hounded out at Ipswich & he knows that.

He’s managed Millwall, Sunderland & Wolves FFS.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 5605 viewsLankHenners

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:46 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

Mick's not-so-secret lovechild Barry Glendenning has once again been stoking the fires on Twitter. He has a very odd obsession with Mick.

He’s a weird guy - every time someone brings up a valid counter argument to what he’s saying he gives it the ‘ooh look another one who can’t see the point’ ‘is that the best you’ve got’ patronising BS.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 5606 viewsBenters2

Wait,wait i know this one!

Did he mention the the total emabarrassment on national telly when losing to Lincoln in the cup?

Or the worst finish he gave us in 58 years in the league?

No need for anybody to go running to admin,im only stating facts.
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:57 - Oct 26 with 5574 viewspointofblue

I was never one to yell abuse at Mick but, and this may get down arrows, but if he'd been more diplomatic from the off towards those who criticised him early on I think it could have blown over and he'd still be manager now. Instead he became obstinate and belligerent, the vocal anti-Mick section returned the favour and Portman Road, especially, became a very unpleasant place to be.

If he'd acknowledged the style of play was not as expressive as he'd like it to be, highlighted the injury situation (yes, the vocal anti-Mick section should have realised his hands were tied here but... they seemingly didn't) and promised to develop a style of play gradually I think most would have accepted it.

Perhaps maybe I'm wrong on that one but the vocal anti-Mick section were certainly not helpful to the club; however, at the same time, I don't think Mick exactly helped himself either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:59 - Oct 26 with 5539 viewsLeagueOne

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 by Benters2

Did he mention the the total emabarrassment on national telly when losing to Lincoln in the cup?

Equally he recovered from a season where we finished 4 points off bottom to threatening mid-table again, his signings in 2017 were some of his best and Hurst threw them out!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:00 - Oct 26 with 5516 viewsartsbossbeard

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 by Benters2

Didn't mention those. Just paid attention to the simpleton farmhands who gave him stick at Norwich away (with added Norwich fan singing action) and Brentford away after he'd said he was leaving anyway.

That lowest league position stat is in serious peril too.

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:05 - Oct 26 with 5411 viewsBenters2

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:56 - Oct 26 by LankHenners

He’s a weird guy - every time someone brings up a valid counter argument to what he’s saying he gives it the ‘ooh look another one who can’t see the point’ ‘is that the best you’ve got’ patronising BS.

Its almost as if he is looking for a job?
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:07 - Oct 26 with 5372 viewsBenters2

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:59 - Oct 26 by LeagueOne

Equally he recovered from a season where we finished 4 points off bottom to threatening mid-table again, his signings in 2017 were some of his best and Hurst threw them out!

mid table living the dream.
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:11 - Oct 26 with 5288 viewsdavblue

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:46 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Cheers for this.

Spliced together then.

Click bait really.

He was defending the club/ supporters when one of the presenters tried to claim we were unforgiving bunch.
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:12 - Oct 26 with 5271 viewsGeoffSentence

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:46 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Cheers for this.

Spliced together then.

The media can be such rseholes. There will be Town fans whom he has nothing gainst getting wound up by that headline thinking he is hving a pop at Ipswich generally.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:13 - Oct 26 with 5254 viewsartsbossbeard

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:12 - Oct 26 by GeoffSentence

The media can be such rseholes. There will be Town fans whom he has nothing gainst getting wound up by that headline thinking he is hving a pop at Ipswich generally.

That was why asked the question. He's always been rather decent towards ITFC in general.

Someone has posted it on one of the FB forums and they've gone mad, of course.

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:19 - Oct 26 with 5138 viewsBenters2

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:00 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Didn't mention those. Just paid attention to the simpleton farmhands who gave him stick at Norwich away (with added Norwich fan singing action) and Brentford away after he'd said he was leaving anyway.

That lowest league position stat is in serious peril too.

Seven months to go !
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:33 - Oct 26 with 4990 viewsstantheman

OMG you are still going on about the Lincoln game. I have actually seen us play a lot worse than what was on show at Lincoln in virtually every game since Mick left.
Just sorry he didn't mention Numbskulls in the interview because they are still very much alive and kicking on this forum.
A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 17:35 - Oct 26 with 4971 viewsFtnfwest

A quote attributed to MM on Talksport 2 from earlier today on 16:53 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

He's quite right about a limited number of people but when it comes down to it he's only ever been interested in himself, his record, what he's achieved. Never bought into the club or group as an entity, its history or appeared to hurt when yet another lower league or non league team outclassed us let alone be bothered with Norwich games unless it was 'he' who was getting some stick.
So quite right Mick in what you say but don't ever pretend to have given a t*ss in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024