Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places 17:49 - Nov 13 with 5534 viewspickles110564

I could even think about voting for them if they were to bring this in.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 17:54 - Nov 13 with 5171 viewsJ2BLUE

I fully support the public places ban but this is a step too far. Seems more about trying to impose anti smoking beliefs than any actual benefit.

Also isn't it only Welsh Labour?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 17:56 - Nov 13 with 5158 viewspickles110564

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 17:54 - Nov 13 by J2BLUE

I fully support the public places ban but this is a step too far. Seems more about trying to impose anti smoking beliefs than any actual benefit.

Also isn't it only Welsh Labour?

They normally put stuff out in smaller areas to see how grass root opinion is, unions will back as before to protect their workers.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 20:44 - Nov 13 with 5030 viewsGluedtoBlue

I've been wanting this ban for years. Sort of.

I appreciate you can't just stop people smoking as many are addicted, however, smoking zones in public places more great sense providing they're enforced.

I don't want to wall behind someone in town centre blowing smoke in my face and I certainly don't want my children fiddling by when lit bags are held at their head height.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 21:32 - Nov 13 with 4981 viewsBloomBlue

Hopefully they will also ban all non electric cars within 12 months of becoming the government. Petrol and diesel is the root cause of so much bad health someone needs to take banning them serious
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 22:16 - Nov 13 with 4928 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bit OTT if you ask me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 22:28 - Nov 13 with 4916 viewsClapham_Junction

It'll also be hugely beneficial to the environment. Cigarette butts are the single most common item of litter (despite smokers only being around 20% of the population) and also release toxins when they end up in water (many end up in the sea because they're washed down storm drains).

Never understood why so many smokers think it's acceptable to litter - according to a study I just found, something like 75% of butts are just dropped on the ground - 5.5 trillion a year.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 23:31 - Nov 13 with 4863 viewsRyorry

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 21:32 - Nov 13 by BloomBlue

Hopefully they will also ban all non electric cars within 12 months of becoming the government. Petrol and diesel is the root cause of so much bad health someone needs to take banning them serious

Unless you think they'll not get into power for at least 5 years, you have a massively optimistic view of battery capacity and the provision of power points for EVs, esp if you happen to live in the sticks.

https://www.confused.com/car-insurance/electric-cars-report

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:00 - Nov 14 with 4834 viewsSarge

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 20:44 - Nov 13 by GluedtoBlue

I've been wanting this ban for years. Sort of.

I appreciate you can't just stop people smoking as many are addicted, however, smoking zones in public places more great sense providing they're enforced.

I don't want to wall behind someone in town centre blowing smoke in my face and I certainly don't want my children fiddling by when lit bags are held at their head height.

Could you not simply move slightly rather than having everything banned?
Login to get fewer ads

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:04 - Nov 14 with 4826 viewsdavblue

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 22:28 - Nov 13 by Clapham_Junction

It'll also be hugely beneficial to the environment. Cigarette butts are the single most common item of litter (despite smokers only being around 20% of the population) and also release toxins when they end up in water (many end up in the sea because they're washed down storm drains).

Never understood why so many smokers think it's acceptable to litter - according to a study I just found, something like 75% of butts are just dropped on the ground - 5.5 trillion a year.

I never understood the fascination with smoking tbh.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:07 - Nov 14 with 4824 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:04 - Nov 14 by davblue

I never understood the fascination with smoking tbh.

Well you probably don't smoke.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 02:03 - Nov 14 with 4768 viewsurbanblue

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:07 - Nov 14 by Lord_Lucan

Well you probably don't smoke.

Brilliant!
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:03 - Nov 14 with 4685 viewsdickie

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 00:00 - Nov 14 by Sarge

Could you not simply move slightly rather than having everything banned?

Not usually until it's too late. I've been saying ban it outside of people's homes for years. It'll be nice being able to sit outside at a pub or restaurant without coming home stinking.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:23 - Nov 14 with 4664 viewschiddley

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 22:28 - Nov 13 by Clapham_Junction

I guess based on this we should ban chewing gum also?

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:47 - Nov 14 with 4636 viewsgiant_stow

Bludy fascists

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 09:27 - Nov 14 with 4568 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:03 - Nov 14 by dickie

Not usually until it's too late. I've been saying ban it outside of people's homes for years. It'll be nice being able to sit outside at a pub or restaurant without coming home stinking.

You be exaggerating.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:08 - Nov 14 with 4528 viewsgiant_stow

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:03 - Nov 14 by dickie

You might end up coming back from the pub after being around violence instead, with lots of grumpy unsatisfied addicts knocking about. What non smokers don't understand is that smoking isn't like having a drink or not - it's something that wee want to do throughout the day, not just in the times/places deemed appropriate by others. And in reality, a few puffs of smoke in the open air wouldnt hurt anyone.

My favorite is when Im stoud outside the office having a fag and someone walks right by me in my space and coughs. Lap it up or give me space.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:12 - Nov 14 with 4518 viewshampstead_blue

If Labour got in all hell would break loose.

The Unions would grind us to a halt,
Wage inflation
Price inflation
Assets will be taken back into public ownership
Taxes will go up
Spending will be ridiculously high

I've bought my cave and have an Ex MOD Land Rover geared-up ready to go.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:15 - Nov 14 with 4510 viewsbrazil1982

Who on earth would enforce it?
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:16 - Nov 14 with 4509 viewsPiercingBlue

Why don't you vote labour now? What is wrong with you?
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 11:35 - Nov 14 with 4470 viewsClapham_Junction

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 07:23 - Nov 14 by chiddley

I guess based on this we should ban chewing gum also?

I don't think the need is quite as pressing as it is for smoking - there aren't the same issues with passive smoking or the toxicity of the litter - but I wouldn't be totally opposed to the idea. The amount of chewing gum on pavements does seem to be worse in the UK than many other countries I've visited.

However, it might be more practical to force chewing gum producers to change the product so that it is meant to be swallowed at the end, or to make it completely biodegradable. Iceland have recently started selling the latter: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/iceland-plastic-free-gum-biodegr
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 11:41 - Nov 14 with 4459 viewsLord_Lucan

In Hong Kong everyone smokes but you don't see many dog ends because you are never more than 5 yards away from a bin and ash tray. In UK you can't find a bin in the street.

Go figure.

Why should everything be banned just because you personally don't like it?

What gives you the right to think this way?

This is exactly how Nazi Germany started.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 11:42]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 11:42 - Nov 14 with 4452 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:08 - Nov 14 by giant_stow

You might end up coming back from the pub after being around violence instead, with lots of grumpy unsatisfied addicts knocking about. What non smokers don't understand is that smoking isn't like having a drink or not - it's something that wee want to do throughout the day, not just in the times/places deemed appropriate by others. And in reality, a few puffs of smoke in the open air wouldnt hurt anyone.

My favorite is when Im stoud outside the office having a fag and someone walks right by me in my space and coughs. Lap it up or give me space.

I'm a non-smoker but I'm totally with you on this.

Also, can you hold more cigarettes with the extra digit?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 11:44 - Nov 14 with 4443 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 10:12 - Nov 14 by hampstead_blue

If Labour got in all hell would break loose.

The Unions would grind us to a halt,
Wage inflation
Price inflation
Assets will be taken back into public ownership
Taxes will go up
Spending will be ridiculously high

I've bought my cave and have an Ex MOD Land Rover geared-up ready to go.

You got any proof for any of this or has Project Fear got a new project?

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 12:08 - Nov 14 with 4411 viewsClapham_Junction

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 11:41 - Nov 14 by Lord_Lucan

In Hong Kong everyone smokes but you don't see many dog ends because you are never more than 5 yards away from a bin and ash tray. In UK you can't find a bin in the street.

Go figure.

Why should everything be banned just because you personally don't like it?

What gives you the right to think this way?

This is exactly how Nazi Germany started.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2018 11:42]

"What gives you the right to think this way?"

Are you suggesting people shouldn't have a right to think in certain ways? Surely this is actually how Nazi Germany started, rather than people being opposed to something that was manifestly harmful for society.
Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 12:22 - Nov 14 with 4384 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow Labour looking to ban smoking in open places on 12:08 - Nov 14 by Clapham_Junction

"What gives you the right to think this way?"

Are you suggesting people shouldn't have a right to think in certain ways? Surely this is actually how Nazi Germany started, rather than people being opposed to something that was manifestly harmful for society.

Nah.

You've just twisted what I said. Plain as day.

Go and find something else to get infuriated about.

Bye bye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024