Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please please please 22:06 - Nov 23 with 3375 viewswarkthisway

Don’t play Spencer and Knudsen any more

bentnkuqi

Please please please on 22:08 - Nov 23 with 3105 viewsnoggin

I made Knudsen our MOTM tonight. That doesn't mean he was good by the way.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Please please please on 22:11 - Nov 23 with 3080 viewswarkthisway

Please please please on 22:08 - Nov 23 by noggin

Wow!!!!! Were you there ?

bentnkuqi

Please please please on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 3073 viewsnoggin

Please please please on 22:11 - Nov 23 by warkthisway

Wow!!!!! Were you there ?

No.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Please please please on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 3066 viewsFrimleyBlue

I feel for Spence. Absolutely no cover from midfield having to defend 2 Brom players almost every attack.
He's a young lad. Needs help. Don't leave him on his own

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

No he was terrible as was Spence (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 3058 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Please please please on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 3028 viewsDeano69

Please please please on 22:12 - Nov 23 by FrimleyBlue

I feel for Spence. Absolutely no cover from midfield having to defend 2 Brom players almost every attack.

I can’t agree with that.

He struggled with basic ball control and positional play. Seems easily shrugged off the ball for a big guy too.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Please please please on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 3022 viewswarkthisway

Apart from that he is league one standard at most

bentnkuqi

Please please please on 22:15 - Nov 23 with 3011 viewsWicklowBlue

Personally while obviously not amazing thought both Spence and Knudsen put in a shift. Didn't do amazing but did work hard which to be fair is all we can ask.

Chalobah on the other hand had me tearing my hair out at times, especially in the first half. Gave the ball away far to much with poor forced passing. In fairness others did too when a more simple pass was on.
Login to get fewer ads

Please please please on 22:21 - Nov 23 with 2976 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Young lad??? His 28!!!

There’s a reason he was released by MK Dons in league 1. He is a horrifically poor excuse of a footballer. Once January comes so to will a cull, Spence, Knudsen will be replaced and the front line strengthened.
Please please please on 22:22 - Nov 23 with 2975 viewsBlueForYou

Watched on Sky. Knudsen just seems to play like he's in a dream & not there at all. Could'nt believe how slowly he jogged out instead of closing down the wide player which lead to their first goal, also applied to Spence on the other side! But there might be something in Spence. knudsen you just feel if you shake him there's nothing there!
Please please please on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 2937 viewsBluesquid

As he was for the first goal conceded against Reading, he was again at fault for both of them tonight in my opinion.

First one he was way off his marker but then had a chance to block the cross which he failed at as per usual.

Second one it was debatable whether Barnes was his marker but at that point he was closest and was again way, way off and also again he had a chance to block Barnes shot when he moved closer but could not manage it and the shot was let off and in it went.

Yes i know there was a mix up further up the park for the second but still it's training ground basic defending and imo Spence is lacking.

Surely we have a better option than Spence?

I hope Lambert addresses it as defending like that is going to see us relegated.
Please please please on 22:28 - Nov 23 with 2925 viewssparks

He tries. Has occasionally good delivery. But cant pass as well as I can. And Im old and fat.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Please please please on 22:28 - Nov 23 with 2923 viewsFrimleyBlue

Please please please on 22:21 - Nov 23 by ColchesterBlue1985

Young lad??? His 28!!!

There’s a reason he was released by MK Dons in league 1. He is a horrifically poor excuse of a footballer. Once January comes so to will a cull, Spence, Knudsen will be replaced and the front line strengthened.

Is he 😂😂. Fk. My bad

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Please please please on 22:46 - Nov 23 with 2886 viewsIllinoisblue

Please please please on 22:15 - Nov 23 by WicklowBlue

Personally while obviously not amazing thought both Spence and Knudsen put in a shift. Didn't do amazing but did work hard which to be fair is all we can ask.

Chalobah on the other hand had me tearing my hair out at times, especially in the first half. Gave the ball away far to much with poor forced passing. In fairness others did too when a more simple pass was on.

Spence badly at fault for the first goal. But he’s not the problem. Our plodding pedestrian create-nothing midfield is the issue.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Please please please on 22:48 - Nov 23 with 2868 viewswarkthisway

Please please please on 22:46 - Nov 23 by Illinoisblue

Spence badly at fault for the first goal. But he’s not the problem. Our plodding pedestrian create-nothing midfield is the issue.

Agreed that doesn’t help - what does Skuse do?

bentnkuqi

Please please please on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 2847 viewsGluedtoBlue

Our full backs are not the problem.

Knudsen and Spence are both decent enough. Final third is the problem.

Also, neither Spence or Knudsen were 'league 1 at best' under MM. They're not now hence the reason PL wants Knudsen to have a new contract and the fact he's picked them both for e games on the spin.

Our fans. Jesus wept.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Please please please on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 2835 viewsBluesquid

Please please please on 22:52 - Nov 23 by GluedtoBlue

Also, neither Spence or Knudsen were 'league 1 at best' under MM. They're not now hence the reason PL wants Knudsen to have a new contract and the fact he's picked them both for e games on the spin.

Our fans. Jesus wept.

Spence good enough? He was in no-mans land and well out of position for both those goals and then when he had the chance failed to block the cross for the first and the shot for the second.

Ditto against Reading for the first.
Please please please on 23:09 - Nov 23 with 2795 viewssparks

Please please please on 22:52 - Nov 23 by GluedtoBlue

Our fans. Jesus wept.

In the modern game full backs are important. Ours are lacking in ball skills.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Please please please on 23:21 - Nov 23 with 2766 viewsRegencyBlue

Please please please on 23:09 - Nov 23 by sparks

To be fair it’s not just our fullbacks who are lacking in ball skills!
Please please please on 23:21 - Nov 23 with 2763 viewsGluedtoBlue

I'm not saying there aren't better full backs (I rate Knudsen higher than Spence for what it's worth) but I don't think they're anywhere near our biggest problem.

Do they make mistakes? Who doesn't? But both are capable at this level, they've proved that under MM.

If we had a cutting edge we wouldn't be bottom even with them in the team. It's no lie that a team lacking attacking guile adds more pressure to the defence and, generally, that leads to more errors.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Please please please on 23:26 - Nov 23 with 2735 viewsstantheman

The thing is that both these players are limited, but far from useless. If you pay nothing in transfer fees for players you get these type of players. How much money does Evans shell out for 2 decent fullbacks who would actually make a difference? At least 2 million is my guess unless we take a punt on another 2 lower league fullbacks.
Please please please on 23:28 - Nov 23 with 2726 viewsDarth_Koont

Please please please on 22:15 - Nov 23 by WicklowBlue

The centre midfield didn't work tonight. Not sure if it was West Brom just being better, pulling them out of position and overpowering our flanks but we just didn't have that solidity that we saw in the first couple of games.

It was a sobering game tonight. But, seeing us work hard but rarely lay a glove on WBA, probably gave Lambert the most information yet about what we need to do to stay up.

Pronouns: He/Him

Please please please on 23:30 - Nov 23 with 2717 viewssparks

Please please please on 23:21 - Nov 23 by GluedtoBlue

I'm not saying there aren't better full backs (I rate Knudsen higher than Spence for what it's worth) but I don't think they're anywhere near our biggest problem.

Do they make mistakes? Who doesn't? But both are capable at this level, they've proved that under MM.

If we had a cutting edge we wouldn't be bottom even with them in the team. It's no lie that a team lacking attacking guile adds more pressure to the defence and, generally, that leads to more errors.

Its not the mistakes. Its the fact that Knudsen's first instinct is to hit "good areas". You dont get away with it at this level anymore.

Please please please on 23:36 - Nov 23 with 2679 viewsDarth_Koont

A little simplistic.

They're not top-quality all-rounders, they're Championship fullbacks that play a certain way. Anything that exposes their weaknesses rather than shows their strengths is more a team problem.

I thought they were fine tonight. As a team, we just didn't have an answer to West Brom's depth of quality. I didn't think West Brom were great as a team either so I think there's hope there.

Lambert just has to work out how we impose ourselves if Roberts doesn't win headers and the centre midfield don't take control.

Pronouns: He/Him

Please please please on 23:38 - Nov 23 with 2670 viewsPilgrimblue

What!!

Ok he's a tryer and competes but nowhere near Chambers tonite.

Can't understand why Donacian hasn't been given a chance as Spence was at fault for first and lacks confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024