Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans speaks... 12:05 - Jan 23 with 11838 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/interview-with-ipswich-owner-marcus-eva

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:10 - Jan 23 with 6348 viewshomer_123

Nothing there we didn't know already.

Anyway swayed by this or Evans other interview needs to ask themselves one or two questions. I'm not against Evans doing this but actions speak louder than words.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:13 - Jan 23 with 6299 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Speaks well and addresses relevant topics. Will undoubtedly draw more negative than positive press, but i liked it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:14 - Jan 23 with 6284 viewsBrixtonBlue

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:10 - Jan 23 by homer_123

Anyway swayed by this or Evans other interview needs to ask themselves one or two questions. I'm not against Evans doing this but actions speak louder than words.

People moan when he doesn't talk/people moan when he does talk.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:15 - Jan 23 with 6270 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I liked it, maybe not a huge amount we didn’t all know but enough in there for me to believe he still wants the best for this football club.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:23 - Jan 23 with 6192 viewsBurwell_Blue

Sir Bobby said "back the manager 100%"

Would like to hear from the divs who want ME out what they think of that.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:27 - Jan 23 with 6143 viewslinhdi

Very good interview.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 6140 viewsgeg1992

I can’t believe people want Evans out. Whoever does needs to watch the Sunderland documentary and see how bad it can get.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 6136 viewsTractorCam

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:14 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

People moan when he doesn't talk/people moan when he does talk.

Precisely. Was a good interview.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:29 - Jan 23 with 6114 viewsdavblue

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:28 - Jan 23 by geg1992

I can’t believe people want Evans out. Whoever does needs to watch the Sunderland documentary and see how bad it can get.

We are worse than Sunderland were this season.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:36 - Jan 23 with 6033 viewsgeg1992

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:29 - Jan 23 by davblue

We are worse than Sunderland were this season.

But the Sunderland owner refused to invest in the club at all.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:36 - Jan 23 with 6040 viewsSteve_M

It's better than the televised fluff in April, addresses the Summer reasonably enough. No mention of the Five Point Plan but that might just have been taking the piss had he done so.

The root of the failure is still a lack of footballing structure, something that will cost Evans more to rectify. He's persevering with letting the manager run most of the club which is fine with Lambert, as it was for McCarthy, but less so when the manager is less competent.

And if anyone can tell me what this bit means please let me know:

"[W]e, as a Club, are providing the best service since I became involved that we have ever done for a manager"

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:37 - Jan 23 with 6014 viewsPJH

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:27 - Jan 23 by linhdi

Very good interview.

Yes, good interview.

No doubt fault will be found with it though.

Interesting that the Club is not for sale.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:38 - Jan 23 with 6000 viewsEireannach_gorm

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:38 - Jan 23 with 5994 viewsTractorWood

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:28 - Jan 23 by TractorCam

Precisely. Was a good interview.

It's not really an interview though is it? It's a highly finessed set of pre-constructed questions and answers from our media manager and owner.

I don't disagree with anything said or even really have any issue with Evans but to call it an interview is wrong, to me.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:42 - Jan 23 with 5931 viewsdavblue

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:36 - Jan 23 by geg1992

But the Sunderland owner refused to invest in the club at all.

Has Evans? Or has he used the funds from the summer to pay for those deals and some of January?

Genuine question, if he’s added 6million plus the money we made from sales then fair enough.

Don’t forget Sunderland had parachute payments.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 5916 viewsiamipswich

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:38 - Jan 23 by TractorWood

It's not really an interview though is it? It's a highly finessed set of pre-constructed questions and answers from our media manager and owner.

I don't disagree with anything said or even really have any issue with Evans but to call it an interview is wrong, to me.

I disagree, I don't think the questions were 'pre-constructed'. The Q&A flowed and asking him the questions about regretting the summer signings and talking about him 'throwing money at it' suggests it was a little more natural. He even took slight objection to the wording of the 'throwing money at it' question.

They obviously would have been run by ME roughly beforehand but I didn't get the impression it was scripted/pre-constructed.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 13:01]

Poll: Who will return first?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:48 - Jan 23 with 5865 viewsDanTheMan

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:10 - Jan 23 by homer_123

Yeah I'm with this. I appreciate he puts a lot of money in and things maybe at least starting to change above the manager but it's all a bit too little, too late.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 5796 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Scripted

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 5763 viewsTractorWood

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:43 - Jan 23 by iamipswich

I disagree, I don't think the questions were 'pre-constructed'. The Q&A flowed and asking him the questions about regretting the summer signings and talking about him 'throwing money at it' suggests it was a little more natural. He even took slight objection to the wording of the 'throwing money at it' question.

They obviously would have been run by ME roughly beforehand but I didn't get the impression it was scripted/pre-constructed.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 13:01]

My eyebrow was raised by the question that started 'You are clearly backing Paul'.

It's not that clear, is it? We've got a few loans and short term deals in for players largely in the wilderness. I appreciate we are very much beggars but I didn't seem like a clear backing.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 12:56]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:00 - Jan 23 with 5703 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:55 - Jan 23 by TractorWood

My eyebrow was raised by the question that started 'You are clearly backing Paul'.

It's not that clear, is it? We've got a few loans and short term deals in for players largely in the wilderness. I appreciate we are very much beggars but I didn't seem like a clear backing.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 12:56]

He's signed six players in January in a fight to stop relegation. He could've easily signed none. A clear backing, if you ask me, especially after 12 players brought in in the summer.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:02 - Jan 23 with 5689 viewsbraveblue

Completely boring. Refuses to accept that through his awful decisions in investment and personnel he will take us to the third division. He is a disaster for this club and that will continue until he leaves.
Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:03 - Jan 23 with 5676 viewsiamipswich

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:00 - Jan 23 by JammyDodgerrr

He's signed six players in January in a fight to stop relegation. He could've easily signed none. A clear backing, if you ask me, especially after 12 players brought in in the summer.

Compare it with Sunderland whose owner gave up in January and only permitted a couple of cheap loan signings despite outgoings.

Poll: Who will return first?

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:07 - Jan 23 with 5633 viewsGuthrum

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:36 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

It's better than the televised fluff in April, addresses the Summer reasonably enough. No mention of the Five Point Plan but that might just have been taking the piss had he done so.

The root of the failure is still a lack of footballing structure, something that will cost Evans more to rectify. He's persevering with letting the manager run most of the club which is fine with Lambert, as it was for McCarthy, but less so when the manager is less competent.

And if anyone can tell me what this bit means please let me know:

"[W]e, as a Club, are providing the best service since I became involved that we have ever done for a manager"

I imagine it's in terms of backup, staff and tools to help with his job. Sports science, medical, analysis and things like that. Possibly also the push for better integration within the club. Maybe also O'Neill's role taking on some bits of the workload.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:11 - Jan 23 with 5591 viewsZedRodgers

Fair play Mr Evans.

I hope he continues to acknowledge the necessity of the recent change in direction and attitudes across a number of “off-field” areas.

Still a lot of work to be done.

No, not at the moment

Marcus Evans speaks... on 13:26 - Jan 23 with 5500 viewsagentp

Marcus Evans speaks... on 12:42 - Jan 23 by davblue

Has Evans? Or has he used the funds from the summer to pay for those deals and some of January?

Genuine question, if he’s added 6million plus the money we made from sales then fair enough.

Don’t forget Sunderland had parachute payments.

H's spent over and above the sales.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024