Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming 16:25 - Feb 14 with 5653 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/balenciaga/race-runner-sneakers-p00000000000587776

Beard Jnr has just advised that a lad at his school got the above as a birthday present.

Now, I don't mind spending a couple of quid on my clothes but that's obscene, isn't it?

Grandparents are loaded apparently and spoil the kids rotten. I think this is a perfect example.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:29 - Feb 14 with 2381 viewsitfcjoe

That is mad for youngsters - I see loads of kids these days wearing clothes that are obscenely expensive.

Assume a lot are wearing snides, but until I went to uni and cashed in on a student loan and interest free overdraft I could never have spent 3 figures on any clothing.

My parents might have got me an expensive coat, but I'm talking £100 for a Lambretta, not £500 for SI or more for Canada Goose or similar

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:30 - Feb 14 with 2374 viewsfooters

Besides which they're absolutely hideous.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:31 - Feb 14 with 2370 viewshomer_123

I can beat that.....

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-diamond-hdmi-cable?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2fX

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:31 - Feb 14 with 2362 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't dislike them though.

Actually you've just reminded me, remember those own styled trainers I ordered from Adidas in Germany - I just realised that I haven't got them yet. When did I order them, November?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:32 - Feb 14 with 2356 viewsfabian_illness

They must hate him, they are pretty awful.

I remember being desperate for Troop trainers when I was 16, my drug addled father popped up out of the woodwork and tried desperately to make amends for disappearing for 13 years.
The trainers were awesome but he was still a cock.
Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:32 - Feb 14 with 2356 viewsSarge

Balenciaga are weird, they make some of the worst clothes on the planet and charge the highest prices for them. And suckers actually buy them!
Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 2344 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:29 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

That is mad for youngsters - I see loads of kids these days wearing clothes that are obscenely expensive.

Assume a lot are wearing snides, but until I went to uni and cashed in on a student loan and interest free overdraft I could never have spent 3 figures on any clothing.

My parents might have got me an expensive coat, but I'm talking £100 for a Lambretta, not £500 for SI or more for Canada Goose or similar

There's loads of snide Canada Goose about presently and, I'd like to think that most of the kids I see wearing it are wearing snide rather than getting their parents to fork our £800 just because little Stefan has got one.

Sorry, Canada Goose shareholders.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:35 - Feb 14 with 2329 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:31 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

I don't dislike them though.

Actually you've just reminded me, remember those own styled trainers I ordered from Adidas in Germany - I just realised that I haven't got them yet. When did I order them, November?

It was def late last year, I recall.

Login to get fewer ads

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:36 - Feb 14 with 2328 viewsitfcjoe

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:34 - Feb 14 by artsbossbeard

There's loads of snide Canada Goose about presently and, I'd like to think that most of the kids I see wearing it are wearing snide rather than getting their parents to fork our £800 just because little Stefan has got one.

Sorry, Canada Goose shareholders.

You see so much Canada Goose now, it must be mostly fake because some of the coats would be £7-800 otherwise.

And does anywhere in Ipswich sell it? A lot of people wearing it don't look like they would leave the town let alone the county - and I can't imagine shelling £800 for a coat without trying it on

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:38 - Feb 14 with 2312 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:36 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

You see so much Canada Goose now, it must be mostly fake because some of the coats would be £7-800 otherwise.

And does anywhere in Ipswich sell it? A lot of people wearing it don't look like they would leave the town let alone the county - and I can't imagine shelling £800 for a coat without trying it on

You can get Canada Goose at Westfield & Bluewater.

Julio's in Cambridge used to sell it too, presume they still do.

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:41 - Feb 14 with 2289 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:31 - Feb 14 by homer_123

I can beat that.....

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-diamond-hdmi-cable?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2fX

Ouch!

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 2273 viewsitfcjoe

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:38 - Feb 14 by artsbossbeard

You can get Canada Goose at Westfield & Bluewater.

Julio's in Cambridge used to sell it too, presume they still do.

Tried a nice one in Norwich but was £925 so couldn’t stretch to it

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:48 - Feb 14 with 2266 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:45 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

Tried a nice one in Norwich but was £925 so couldn’t stretch to it

That would be the same shop I pulled a Ralph Lauren jumper out of the display to try on and caught a glimpse of the £350 price tag.

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:50 - Feb 14 with 2248 viewsKieran_Knows

I did buy some yeezys last September for £185, but they were totally white all over and whilst I did very much like them, I was too scared to get them dirty so ended up sending them back.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 16:58]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:54 - Feb 14 with 2228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:50 - Feb 14 by Kieran_Knows

I did buy some yeezys last September for £185, but they were totally white all over and whilst I did very much like them, I was too scared to get them dirty so ended up sending them back.

Go and sit in a room and have a long hard think about what took you to that point.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:54 - Feb 14 with 2224 viewscaught-in-limbo

Poor lad, I suppose he'll get teased mercilessly.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:56 - Feb 14 with 2215 viewsartsbossbeard

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:50 - Feb 14 by Kieran_Knows

I paid £130 for a pair of orginal Diadora Borg's and never wore them because I didn't want to spoil them. My mate got a pair at the same time and he was wearing them for 5-a-side within a year.

When we went to Milan, we visited the SI shop and I tried on a white badged metallic jacket which shone in the dark, it was a work of art. This was in the days before the Euro and one of my travelling companions worked out the jacket would be about £150. Bargain.

However, at the till, it was evident that he'd got it wildly wrong and back in 2001 I paid £700 for a jacket. Sold it on ebay for a massive profit though.

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:19 - Feb 14 with 2155 viewsLord_Lucan

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:56 - Feb 14 by artsbossbeard

I paid £130 for a pair of orginal Diadora Borg's and never wore them because I didn't want to spoil them. My mate got a pair at the same time and he was wearing them for 5-a-side within a year.

When we went to Milan, we visited the SI shop and I tried on a white badged metallic jacket which shone in the dark, it was a work of art. This was in the days before the Euro and one of my travelling companions worked out the jacket would be about £150. Bargain.

However, at the till, it was evident that he'd got it wildly wrong and back in 2001 I paid £700 for a jacket. Sold it on ebay for a massive profit though.

On the same trip (Edit, it wasn't the same trip, it was Liberic) I had one mate who refused to use a bureau de change and instead changed over £300 on the street for a still unknown currency and another who paid £100 for a 5 minute taxi.

Oh and I had my credit card stolen by a Romanian Gypsy who I am still convinced simply wanted to buy me a pint and have a chit chat.

The best though remains a Harrods error by a certain CU who bought a hideous full length leather CP coat but missed out one of the zeros and felt ashamed to admit this when he handed over his credit card.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 17:26]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:45 - Feb 14 with 2096 viewsitfcjoe

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:48 - Feb 14 by artsbossbeard

That would be the same shop I pulled a Ralph Lauren jumper out of the display to try on and caught a glimpse of the £350 price tag.

There are 2 in Norwich - one just on the hill by the market where this one is, and one round by Bella Italia on the road

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:48 - Feb 14 with 2066 viewsSpruceMoose

They look like the kind of stuff my mum would try and buy me from the market, which I was having none of.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:49 - Feb 14 with 2071 viewsIllinoisblue

they don't look terrible but, crucially, they're not Adidas Originals so I am unable to like them too much. Price showing as $653 on my pooter - what's that in the Queen's money?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:49 - Feb 14 with 2064 viewsitfcjoe

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:49 - Feb 14 by Illinoisblue

they don't look terrible but, crucially, they're not Adidas Originals so I am unable to like them too much. Price showing as $653 on my pooter - what's that in the Queen's money?

£455

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:50 - Feb 14 with 2063 viewsSpruceMoose

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 16:36 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

Considering the conditions those coats are made for aren't there a load of people going round Ipswich just sweating their bollox off. It's not even really cold enough here to warrant the expense.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 2055 viewsIllinoisblue

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:49 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

£455

could have had 5 pairs of these beauties for the same price

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/adidas-originals/suede-padiham-spezial-sneakers-p0
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 17:55]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:53 - Feb 14 with 2037 viewsitfcjoe

Horrific consumerism & hypocrisy post incoming on 17:50 - Feb 14 by SpruceMoose

Considering the conditions those coats are made for aren't there a load of people going round Ipswich just sweating their bollox off. It's not even really cold enough here to warrant the expense.

I bought an expensive coat recently and was discussing this amongst other coats and that was basically what the bloke said - in this country you might need one for 1-2 weeks of the year, or a bad winter the sort you get every 10 years.

It would last you forever as is such good quality, but also because you won't need to wear it that often!

I imagine most 'Canada Goose' jackets you see in Ipswich won't provide that level of warmth though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024